Nuss gets raise.....and two year extension

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One step forward....and two steps backwards.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-hands-out-extensions-raises-to-five-assistants-106013110

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida has released the coaching contracts for five returning football assistant coaches to GatorBait.net via an open records request, and the Gators handed out extensions and raises to each.

The biggest raise and extension went to defensive line coach Chris Rumph, who was extended for three years through the 2019 season and gets a $100,000 salary bump to $600,000.

Offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier's base pay jumped from $525,000 to $842,725. However, despite making just $525,000 from Florida in 2016, Nussmeier also collected $300,000 from Michigan as part of his buyout from head coach Brady Hoke and his staff being fired by the Wolverines in December 2014.

Nussmeier received a two-year extension, taking his contract through the 2018 season.

Linebackers coach Tim Skipper, tight ends coach Greg Nord and receivers coach Kerry Dixon all received two-year extensions through 2018. Skipper will make $456,000, Nord will make $420,000 and Dixon will make $300,000.

In addition, Rumph received a $50,000 retention bonus in March. That retention bonus will escalate to $75,000 in March 2018 and $100,000 in March 2019. Dixon also received a $25,000 retention bonus in May, and will receive a $35,000 bonus if he's still employed by Florida in May 2018.

In total, Florida is paying its assistant coaches about $4.46 million in 2017, a $70,825 increase from 2016.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best way to support mediocrity is by rewarding it. I just don't understand why this administration is rewarding guys that are not doing a good job. This makes no sense to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier's base pay jumped from $525,000 to $842,725.
Nussmeier received a two-year extension, taking his contract through the 2018 season.
What the flying Fuchs?

Are you Fuchsing kidding me?

Your the worst motherFuchser in the country at your job for three straight year and some Fuchstard in our AD decides to give the motherFuchser a GOD DAMN raise and extension?

ARE YOU GODDAMN PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR FUCHSING MIND?

You should have been fired for not firing Mr 116th on the spot and instead you give drunken steaming pile of shyt a $300k raise?

What kind of incompetent SOB makes these decisions?

Who makes these decisions and writes these contracts for a guy who will get fired IN OCTOBER?

Boys, Fooley Jr has decided he wants at least another decade of shyt football. Buckle up. It may be 2025 before we score against Clown Town again.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
angry-dwight.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unequivocally the worst OC in Florida football history. No one is even close. I don't believe anyone else has finished 100th or worse twice. Here comes #3.

Remember the good ole days when we got mad at Zaunbrecher for being #20-30 in the country. Yeah, I do too.

Now apparently we give guys extensions for getting three or four first downs per game.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've managed to stay away from being negative for the most part for a long time now, but this is just ridiculous. There is no scenario, even if Nusschamp ran into a burning building to save a baby, that he deserves ANY raise. It's asinine. If anything he should owe money for not doing his job. This isn't rocket science; you don't reward failure. Nord and Nusschamp should be seeking employment elsewhere right now, instead these two useless employees are getting extensions and raises.

687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
What the flying Fuchs?

Are you Fuchsing kidding me?

Your the worst motherFuchser in the country at your job for three straight year and some Fuchstard in our AD decides to give the motherFuchser a GOD DAMN raise and extension?

ARE YOU GODDAMN PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR FUCHSING MIND?

You should have been fired for not firing Mr 116th on the spot and instead you give drunken steaming pile of shyt a $300k raise?

What kind of incompetent SOB makes these decisions?

Who makes these decisions and writes these contracts for a guy who will get fired IN OCTOBER?

Boys, Fooley Jr has decided he wants at least another decade of shyt football. Buckle up. It may be 2025 before we score against Clown Town again.

Quit pussy footing around and tell us how you really feel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2013 all over again. Giving extensions to incompetent coaches, trying to create some Emperor Has No Clothes like narrative about how everyone else knows Chimp, Butters, or Nuss are great coaches and it's just been bad luck.

Amazing.

Circling the toilet and leaving stains on the bowl.

Fvkking amazing.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
2013 all over again. Giving extensions to incompetent coaches, trying to create some Emperor Has No Clothes like narrative about how everyone else knows Chimp, Butters, or Nuss are great coaches and it's just been bad luck.

Amazing.

Circling the toilet and leaving stains on the bowl.

Fvkking amazing.
Not to mention Skipper only got a $6K raise and Dixon $15k. Wtf? how does nords raise almost equal our best recruiters and coaches? Don't even get me going on damn nusschamp. More buyout money when he's fired this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention Skipper only got a $6K raise and Dixon $15k. Wtf? how does nords raise almost equal our best recruiters and coaches? Don't even get me going on damn nusschamp. More buyout money when he's fired this year.
Fired in October or November.

He will have to go to try to protect the roasted Butterball azz.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Extensions? Really? Hope we're talking hairdoos not contracts. This is just "shat hits the fan" for all GatorNation ... makes getting rid of him much less likely, much harder. The one guy UF cannot recruit into functionality. Damn!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The two years is just this year and next year. I see it as a signalling that 2018 could be make or break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.