I nominate this booth

559174955a107.image.jpg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UF swapped out an easy game for Michigan. A second easy game was lost to the hurricane. Those two things will have a negative impact on UF's numbers on both offense and defense.
That's a good point. Wonder where we would have ended up the previous two years in offensive ranking without the cupcakes. Granted, when you're 110 does it really matter that much that against good teams you were 129?

o_O

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess it depends on whether or not you live in reality and think Fat Azz is a 4 loss coach with a 100+ offense, or whether you think he is a doing a great job and is secure for years because 99.5 percent of Gators love Fat Azz.

Even Dooley admits the obvious. Not sure how we get bowl eligible. Butters Fat Azz on a nuclear seat.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/dooley-noted-florida-loses-tennessee-going-get-ugly/

Welcome back to reality all you who were somehow under the belief that Butters was ready to challenge because he landed HIS collection of 3 star misfits.

I believe you are misinterpreting my question........... I am not suggesting that Mac should survive this season, instead I am suggesting that fundraiser boy has no intentions of firing him this year and therefore we are mismanaging our expectations thinking otherwise.
I am by no means defending the indefensible which is how I would describe what I have seen so far.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
UF swapped out an easy game for Michigan. A second easy game was lost to the hurricane. Those two things will have a negative impact on UF's numbers on both offense and defense.

Totally agree. This offense isn't nearly as bad as we think. We got ripped off without the cupcakes to inflate our stats.

I think you figured it out. We are all worried over nothing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I don't care about "rankings" and "numbers"... we can see on the field if they are good or not.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This should be his view in the booth and his headphones should be taken away.
sit-in-corner1.jpg

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Nuss has nothing to lose in this game. Tennessee is not a good team. Throw the ball deep as much as you can. Hope for some lucky breaks (our guy catches the ball or gets interference calls). If we are past our 40, go for it on 4th downs. Open the dag-gum playbook. Zook beat a good Saban coached LSU team with "Bubble Screens." The joke on the ole board was, "Every time you bubble screen, a kitten dies."

upload_2017-9-15_9-23-42.png

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss has nothing to lose in this game. Tennessee is not a good team. Throw the ball deep as much as you can. Hope for some lucky breaks (our guy catches the ball or gets interference calls). If we are past our 40, go for it on 4th downs. Open the dag-gum playbook. Zook beat a good Saban coached LSU team with "Bubble Screens." The joke on the ole board was, "Every time you bubble screen, a kitten dies."

The good ole Zook days. At least Zook beat half of the good teams he played. I think I enjoyed doing that with the crazy losses more than this get beat down by any good team you play Mac stuff.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This should be his view in the booth and his headphones should be taken away.
sit-in-corner1.jpg

... brick by brick, that has become UF's CFB outlook. {Good one j87. With domestic abuse laws strengthening, I'm surprised your wife let you post a pic of your chair.}

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Need to find a way to run the friggin ball this time. Play action pass will open this up.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Nuss being in the booth only changes one thing...he will not be able to be pelted by his cock overlord's new BBQ sauce, which is the only reason the majority of this board would buy Mac's new F U to this fanbase. :lol:

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Butters and Nuss needs to go into this game in full on George Costanza opposite mode. Every call/decision they make is wrong so the opposite should be right

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
We complain if they maintain the status quo. We complain if they try something different.

I have no particular hope that Nussmeier's change in location will significantly impact the performance of the offense but at least they are trying something different. As the saying goes, it can't get any worse (although technically, it could). There must be a reason most offensive coordinators occupy the coaching booth as opposed to the sideline. Maybe he will get a better look and call a better game. I will again qualify this sentiment by saying I don't expect much improvement but I remain hopeful.

Because, contrary to what most (all?) of us think, continuity is what would be best for the program. Another change, no matter the hotshot/big name that comes in, will mean starting from scratch again, most specifically in establishing recruiting relationships and all that goes along with that. I am beginning to believe that is what would be best anyway but it will mean a step or two backwards in the short term while our rivals, (FSU, Georgia, etc) take up the slack by using familiar faces and keeping established relationships in place.

Of course, now that I reread these thoughts I am still leaning toward just going ahead and cleaning house and starting over....the near future be damned. Tomorrow's performance may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
A couple quotes that jump out at me:

"Hopefully, the game brings a couple hours of enjoyment"
And a couple hours of misery? Or maybe is he planning on forfeiting about halfway through the 3rd?

"...there are a lot more people and a lot more things important than 3rd down and six"

This tells you a lot about his thought processes. First of all he sounds like a moron with no command of basic English. Second, he decides to throw out a random down and distance to make his point, and the first thing that pops in his mind is 3rd and long.

Couple hours of enjoyment for who, Tennessee fans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.