Nussmeier to Dallas Cowboys as TE coach

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What the hell kind of analysis is he going to provide them with? :lol:

Biggest career mistake I ever made was not getting into coaching football. You can fail, repeatedly and egregiously, and you're always guaranteed to have someone offering a six figure paycheck. Just get into the "fraternity". Doesn't matter how many people wanted you fired in your previous stops, how many gifs or memes are made about you, or how many nicknames are created as a result of your complete ineptitude. Just find a way in and you're forever handsomely paid. Aside from Zook's brief janitorial stint, I've never even heard of someone finally being flushed out of the industry and forced to pursue other lines of work. There are no Best Buy managers telling stories of how they just needed another season to fully implement their 3-4 defense, or lab techs boring patients with dreams of what might have been if only their QB hadn't been injured in week 1. The motto of this entire industry seems to be "we don't want you to suck, we'll fire you if you do, but dammit you'll always have a spot somewhere".

It's really quite amazing.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
I thought this report was a joke; but no one could make this stuff up!
This is Gold.....PURE GOLD!

Seriously how does this guy continue getting hired?
Definitely not based upon his past results.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I can say with absolute sincerity that I hope he succeeds at his new position every bit as much as he did here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Explain the term offensive analyst.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Via hacked e-mail Nuss's LSU offense masterplan = "The Bayou Bog".

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
lsu2.gif

Geaux Tigers

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now does anyone doubt why he is called Orgeramus?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Biggest career mistake I ever made was not getting into coaching football. You can fail, repeatedly and egregiously, and you're always guaranteed to have someone offering a six figure paycheck. Just get into the "fraternity". Doesn't matter how many people wanted you fired in your previous stops, how many gifs or memes are made about you, or how many nicknames are created as a result of your complete ineptitude. Just find a way in and you're forever handsomely paid. Aside from Zook's brief janitorial stint, I've never even heard of someone finally being flushed out of the industry and forced to pursue other lines of work. There are no Best Buy managers telling stories of how they just needed another season to fully implement their 3-4 defense, or lab techs boring patients with dreams of what might have been if only their QB hadn't been injured in week 1. The motto of this entire industry seems to be "we don't want you to suck, we'll fire you if you do, but dammit you'll always have a spot somewhere".

It's really quite amazing.

Could not have said it better myself @soflagator

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After stealing money form Florida for years, Nuss shows up at his interview with LSU.
stock-photo-burglar-wearing-mask-aiming-gun-towards-camera-150239063.jpg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Explain the term offensive analyst.

I’m guessing it means scouting the next opponent to game plan against weaknesses. He might actually do a decent job with no pressure to call the next play during a game. Not that I’m willing to put any money down on that statement...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing it means scouting the next opponent to game plan against weaknesses. He might actually do a decent job with no pressure to call the next play during a game. Not that I’m willing to put any money down on that statement...
:what2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.