Obama and wife use portrait artist who shows black women holding severed white heads

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Feb 12, 2018.

1. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,612
    Ratings:
    +5,470 / -27
    Gotta love moral relativism.

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,313
      Ratings:
      +8,769 / -48
      Loved me some GoGo’s!

• dubster1

dubster1 Chip Kelly is a done deal
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $190
      Ratings:
      +2,103 / -3
    • AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,793
      Ratings:
      +9,482 / -14
      The story I'm hearing is that the painting is a riff on Judith beheading Holofernes, a common subject for renaissance artists.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Art is art. Artists are weirdos. Always have been. They do crazy stuff. But they ultimately have to be responsible for the art they create.

Even if this is the case and this work is a riff on Judith, I'm not sure that makes it OK.

Judith used her beauty and guile to kill the man that was going to sack and destroy her city. One woman against an entire army and she overcame the odds to destroy the erstwhile destroyer. Soooooo....is the piece supposed to represent a Black queen killing the generic "White girl" whose very existence has been destroying her world? It's art. I'm a free speech, no censorship kinda guy. He has all the freedom and right to create this work. But he is responsible for that work. Not just the message he intended, but the effect it has on the viewer. So...even if it is a riff on Judith, is that kind of message OK? Is is acceptable in polite society? Is it racist? Is it hateful?

Alex.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $631
        Ratings:
        +6,501 / -404
        There, now you all can feel better that what you have wanted for a long time is a visual. This was just make believe. How about reality (in my lifetime actually.)
        [​IMG] I bet some of the spectators to this event are still alive.
        He was 14 at the time. Would be 77 now if he hadn't been the wrong color in the wrong place.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Piehole stuffed douchebag
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $17,186
          Ratings:
          +41,380 / -1,378
          I keep waiting for him to disappear.

• Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,492
            Ratings:
            +2,553 / -33

Who's you all? And they wanted to see a white person behead a black person?

• AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,793
              Ratings:
              +9,482 / -14

Do you teach your kids that two wrongs make a right?

That because a boy was lynched 60 years ago, it's OK to display imagery of racial violence?
              Have you lost your mind???

Does what happened to Reginald Denny make it OK to burn a cross on somebody's lawn?

The answer, if you are a decent human being, is FCUK NO. An eye for an eye and we ALL end up blind.

I am terribly disappointed in you Coach. It's one thing to identify this as art and try to justify it as having some sort of greater meaning. Justifying it on the martyrs of the Civil Rights movement is reprehensible. It boggles my mind.

Alex.

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,299
                Ratings:
                +12,346 / -48

You've officially lost it. Seriously, for reals this time.

:crazy:

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $3,299
                  Ratings:
                  +12,346 / -48
                  Yeaaaaaahhh, that whole "Judith" thing is more than a stretch. And even if it was the basis of those paintings, as you said, WTF does a white woman supposedly represent? Pretty obvious for even the most casual "art" observer to figure out. Total horse$h!t if you ask me.

As mentioned, it is no off the cuff coincidence Obama picked this artist. He was the president of the United States. Lots of people were weighing in and giving advice to him on who the artist should be. He no doubt knew this guy's work.

Again, what if it were reversed? Armageddon, that's what.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $631
                    Ratings:
                    +6,501 / -404
                    Oh for God sake. THe first page of this thread was nothing but hate for the Obama's, pure hate. And now you have proof they want whites dead from an artist's work. An image from someone's mind and the panties were ALL in a bind. So I post a real pic of death brought on somebody who could still be alive by real racists and racism and IVE Lost my mind. I have read so much about how evil the former couple were and how they hate whites and America I had to reply. Are these images of hate?
                    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] haven't seen one like this from the current WH couple yet.........
                    I guess they are just good actors and hide all that "hate" from the world.

• Like Like x 1
                    • Dislike Dislike x 1
                    • List
                    • stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $631
                      Ratings:
                      +6,501 / -404
                      You actually think I am promoting an eye for an eye. I am just comparing reality to make believe. All this faux outrage over blsht like this is asinine. Just another excuse to circkle jerk over the evil former WH occupants...........hell, the current resident shows his lack of empathy and humanity more in a day than this couple did in 8 years,. His wife looks like she is a fckn prisoner with him. But this couple hated America and white people. Look at the faces in real time and you can see who is hateful and miserable..............

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $2,504
                        Ratings:
                        +6,969 / -17
                        I don't hate Obama as a person. I respect him for what he has accomplished in his life, but I also don't respect him for other things he has done. I don't like his politics and I like sticking it to him on a harmless message board. I have no power except to voice an opinion.

Now the Obamas can do what they want to do about their portraits. I am all for artistic expression although I get a little upset if the art is vulgar in some way such as making fun of someone's religion. Every man has to get to heaven in his own way if that's where he wants to go. I guess we can thank Martin Luther for that. But I don't have a problem saying that something is ugly or stupid.

One of the objections I have about the Obamas portraits is that they will be out of place in the contexts of the other Presidential portraits which follow a more traditional format. I know that a comment like that will be disagreeable to a lot of artistic folks. It just seems like the Obamas wanted to call attention to themselves with these portraits. They did not want to fit in as part of a group with the other Presidents and First Ladies. If the Obama like the portraits then that it all that matters ,but I think it would be more appropriate if they were hanging in the Obamas home rather than in the White House or wherever these official portraits are displayed.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $2,360
                          Ratings:
                          +4,674 / -93
                          I will ask again, when will it not be ok?

• Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $1,492
                          Ratings:
                          +2,553 / -33
                          And I'll ask again @stephenPE, who is "you all"?

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $631
                            Ratings:
                            +6,501 / -404
                            I guess I inferred in here from some of the nasty and angry comments about the former WH couple that a few in here wished them an early
                            demise or at least him. I would swear I have read things close to that feeling at times in this forum. So if you didnt wish them dead you are not part of the you all.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Piehole stuffed douchebag
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $17,186
                            Ratings:
                            +41,380 / -1,378
                            Remember when you blamed Bush for everything, said he was a war criminal and a nazi, and blamed the first 8 years of the Obama economy on Bush? Yeah, those were good times.

• AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $2,793
                              Ratings:
                              +9,482 / -14
                              You’re like a horse with blinders on. You only see one thing at a time and it’s the thing you choose to stare at directly. You don’t see (or ignore) the other stuff.

Obama’s attended Reverend Wright’s church for many, many years. I believe Reverend Wright is Sasha and Malia’s Godfather. Reverend Wright preaches Black liberation theology. His teachings are racist. Obama listened to those sermons for 20 years. Do you see that in the pretty pictures you posted? Where is the picture of Obama with domestic terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn? The picture with racist and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan?

You can find adorable pictures of horrible people with cute children and animals. So what?

What’s your point? That Obama is a saint? He’s not. He ran guns to Mexico to drum up support for gun control. He used the IRS to attack the Constitutional rights of conservatives. He used the FBI to spy on the Trump campaign.

But you can’t (or won’t) see any of that. All you see is a fairy tale.

Alex.

• AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $2,793
                                Ratings:
                                +9,482 / -14
                                OK, at least now I understand where you’re coming from.

But you’re still dead wrong.

Obama could have chosen any artist. He chose an artist who painted a very disturbing work of racial violence. Is that as bad as actual racial violence? Of course not. Does that justify his choice? Of course not. The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. This is called “whataboutism”. Somebody points out something bad. Instead of addressing it, somebody points out something else and says “what about this?”.

Let me give you an example. Say Trump hires an Islamophobe to paint his portrait. Guy loves drawing offensive cartoons of Mohammed as a terrorist fornicating with goats. You would be disappointed, maybe outraged. What would you think if Pilot posted a picture of dead US troops mutilated by Muslims hanging from a bridge in response to your concerns?

Obama chose this artist. This artist has created some disturbing work. THAT IS A LEGITIMATE CRITICISM OF OBAMA. The man is not above criticism. But instead of being outraged at his ****ty choice for an artist, you’re outraged by the perfectly valid criticism of Obama for making that ****ty choice. Your response has nothing to do with the choice of the artist or the artist’s history. Instead you attack Trump who has nothing to do with any part of this and scold us for not agreeing that Obama is flawless.

Take off the blinders Coach.

Address the issue—the choice of THIS artist with his history. Focus. No Trump. No Melania. No W. No Civil Rights martyrs from the middle of the last century.

IN CHOOSING THIS PARTICULAR ARTIST, DID OBAMA MAKE A GOOD OR BAD CHOICE?

Alex.

• Gulfstream

Gulfstream zzzzzzzzzzz
                                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                  $183
                                  Ratings:
                                  +806 / -10
                                  Belinda Carlisle was HOT!