Oct 19th... Fuchs is a joke

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Detroitgator, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +6,632 / -9
  2. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +4,176 / -187
    let them hateful fcks come to UF and spread their message of idiocy. But those mofos BETTER stand up when they play the Star Spangled Banner or the sh#t gets real then,

3. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $108
    Ratings:
    +4,083 / -60
    This wouldn't even be a big deal giving them a lot of attention if not for the Soros funded goons.

4. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $170
    Ratings:
    +7,368 / -23
    Seriously, how many like minded people do you think are actually going to show up to see him? Just about all the people there are either going to be counter protestors, media or cops. If no one showed up and gave him any attention he would wilt and die. But nooooooo......

5. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $54
    Ratings:
    +5,921 / -190
    they claim to support free speech, and yet they say the have a legal obligation. Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy there?

6. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / -31
    Is there some comparative point of analysis you are trying to make? Are these people showing up in a particular uniform, while getting paid millions to play a freaking game or are they on their own time? You don't have to stand for the anthem if you don't want, there is NO law saying you have to. If you want to come to the campus and peacefully make a statement under the first amendment you have the right to do that also, there is NO law that says you can't. But if your views, in either case are considered hateful or extremely disrespectful, you will have to suffer the consequences of public opinion and you could lose your job as well. There........I did it for you!

7. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $119
    Ratings:
    +1,345 / -136
    For me the president has few choices, he must follow the law while keeping people safe. The explaining that they don't like the speaker is to me excessive.

8. Taco Gratis

Taco Gratis Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $2
    Ratings:
    +1,555 / -21
    He's exposing his pudendum... err virtue signaling.

#8 Taco Gratis, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  9. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +6,632 / -9
    What's also interesting is the fact that this is the first notice that hasn't come from Fuchs himself/his personal account....

10. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +4,176 / -187
    I think my point was obvious. I see a group defended here for the right to have their say. I see another individual eviscerated for an act of protest in a very non violent non confrontational way. I could care less what they wear, who they work for or any other any other variable. One side was preaching hate and division even proudly displaying symbols that supported a regime that destroyed millions of lives in horrific ways. The other guy just kneeled down during our national anthem. BUT oh shYt he didnt even vote. He supports those murderous hatefull black folks that all want to murder cops.
    There was a time in Mexico City when athletes raised their fists during the playing of that anthem, played for them because they won Gold medals for America. The same America that told them to sit upstairs at movie theaters. stay out of public pools and some restaurants but get your assss to Viet Nam to fight for YOUR country. I guess this guy Kap saw enough images of blacks being shot or beaten by policeman and said he was gonna protest it by not standing. Ive read what people said about him and how some of the same defended the scum promoting the Nazi ideology and other asinine sh#t. I guess that is what I think about it.

11. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $100
    Ratings:
    +6,732 / -10
    You're confusing your perception with reality.

Nobody around here is defending White Supremacists.

We defend the First Amendment. There is a huge, massive difference. Like...a WORLD of difference. Surely you get that?

If Colin Kaepernick wanted to spew hate for cops at UF he has the same First Amendment rights as Richard Spencer. I don't defend one or the other, I defend the First Amendment, a right we ALL share.

Nobody is free from the ramifications of their speech. Richard Spencer is a White Supremacist. Do you think your school district would hire him to teach US History? Of course not.

Colin Kaepernick wore a T-Shirt glorifying Fidel Castro. Talk about hate and division and destroying lives, ask the South Florida Cubans about that. He also wore socks depicting cops as pigs. So, uhh, he said and did a bit more than just kneeling during the Anthem. And yes, many cops have been assassinated in the last year. Executed by people who ascribe to the tenets of BLM.

My money doesn't support Richard Spencer. I'm not invested in his little hate group. They aren't on national tv every week. I've never heard the man speak, don't know what he looks or sounds like, never read anything he's written.

As somebody who gets a cable bill, I financially support Colin Kaepernick and the entire NFL. When I want to watch a game, or news about sports, he's shoved in my face.

You're drawing an entirely false equivalency between the two and accuse us of hypocrisy; tolerating one and excoriating the other. The situations are hugely different. Let's consider a more accurate analogy, shall we?

Say a marginal NFL QB came out as a White Supremacist. Not only in the privacy of his own home but let's say he claimed the Confederate Flag was his flag so he refused to stand for that dammed Yankee flag. Do you think we would tolerate that? Really Coach, be honest, do you think we would tolerate it or would we heap the same scorn on him that we heap on Kaepernick? If your answer is no, then we're not hypocrites. If your answer is yes, then you must really think we're monsters. Of course, you'd be wrong, but the point remains.

Alex.

12. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / -31
    Disrespecting the flag and the country that I took and oath to defend is offensive to me. Burning that flag is very offensive to me, enough that I would like to stomp a mud hole in someones ass for doing it, but I don't, because I love that flag and the constitution and what it stands for. Colin Kapernick chose to use his job and the uniform he was wearing as the platform to do this and he lost his job. Tim Tebow lost his job because he is a christian, IMO, but others might say that he wasn't a very good QB (as in just about everyone on ESPN). I am sure there are people in Charlottesville that also lost their jobs as well but ESPN isn't going to run to their defense nor should they.

13. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $119
    Ratings:
    +1,345 / -136
    Come now stop living in the past, especially the far past. Few have actually experienced the discrimination of the past. You don't get turned away from the restaurant, hotel, etc. Mostly nobody cares in employment, having social interactions, and many other aspects of living in the US today. Sure some very small minorities are nuts, ignore them unless they break the law then allow law enforcement to deal with them.

14. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +4,176 / -187
    I lead the pledge for the whole school for almost 15 years everyday. I believe in what our country stands for. But I guess I dont see an enemy behind every bush and protest. This hurricane in FLa will show us what we are made of soon.

15. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +6,632 / -9
    It's official... he speaks Oct 19

16. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $54
    Ratings:
    +5,921 / -190
    It's going to cost UF and other agencies about $500k to enhance security. I think that number is probably massaged a little, but who knows. The article I read said UPD and GPD. They must not think much will happen since ASO usually gets those calls. Maybe they're just expecting a lot of parking violations

Edit: another article includes ASO, FHP, FDLE and "others".

#16 alcoholica, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  17. ChiefGator

Oxbucks:
    $119
    Ratings:
    +1,345 / -136
    He probably has no choice in the matter.

18. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +6,632 / -9
    But he tried to act like he did. That was my issue with him.

19. EyeDocGator

EyeDocGator Politically Incorrect
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $57
    Ratings:
    +1,055 / -13
    Please do not equate the Confederate Battle Flag with racism or white supremacy. For many people, the Confederate Battle Flag is a symbol of freedom, not slavery. More than 90% of Confederate soldiers came from families that did not own slaves. They fought to protect their homeland from an invading army. The flag celebrates those freedom fighters. History was written by Yankees and most of it is false.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  20. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,530
    Ratings:
    +24,477 / -504
    FYI