Off season

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last offseason was not the longest. We had UF basketball to focus on. This year, the basketball team is playing poorly.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Law98gator;n145268 said:
Sorry but last year was the longest offseason. No one wanted tobwatch year 4 of the Walking Dead Coach.

I soooooooooooo disagree with this. We all suspected we would get a Crap-sandwich this season, but with Mac in charge, it's like waiting to unwrap a really present that you have to look at for 8 months before you can tear it open!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n145702 said:
A real spring game would go a long way I think.

The horrendous event we called a "spring game" at the start of the 2013 season was the beginning of the end of Muschamp. Absolutely incompetent and ignorant.

Before someone moans about the lack of o-linemen for that Spring game, save it. You find a way, it's Florida, use walk-ons, convert some 4th string d-linemen, do something, but don't eliminate the spring game and then run around like it was some sort of genius move.

That silliness was the start of our 4-8 season.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
For me to be enthusiastic about next year's team, I need to see a competent offense. After the last 4 years of an offensive dumpster fire, any statements about the growth of our offense (especially at quarterback but also the other positions), will be greatly appreciated.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ready for Prime Time QB

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
QueenCityGator;146011 said:
For me to be enthusiastic about next year's team, I need to see a competent offense. After the last 4 years of an offensive dumpster fire, any statements about the growth of our offense (especially at quarterback but also the other positions), will be greatly appreciated.
But we got these statements the last four years too

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I don't need to be engaged with football in the off season. So long as we get news blips and positive media showing us the rest of his staff getting filled out (WR coach?) and a strong wave of recruits, that's all I need to hear and know about football for this time frame. I then want to hear nothing because he and his staff are in lockdown doing roster evaluations, developing schemes, and outlining practices that instill the right mentality on offense and defense to operate cohesively and at the same time developing the players on the roster to execute to the best of their ability.

Coaches need to be in the bunker, planning how to use the resources they have to create a significantly better season in the fall. If they are talking to the media, they aren't planning. PLAN FIRST!
Players need to be in the gym. If I hear anything about them, it won't be good. No news is good news.

I understand JMac will have to make the rounds to the Gator Clubs to keep the boosters hooked in and supporting the program. Give the alumni some feel good one-liners about progress and plans. This is part of the job. But for me, that is done once his staff has enough direction to be locked down and planning in his absence while he makes the rounds.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see a Russell Wilson-type QB transfer in and a few immediately eligible o-linemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator