Off to Jerusalem we go

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NVGator, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $366
    Ratings:
    +4,186 / -92
    Trump expected to move the Embassy to Jerusalem. How does this make us feel? Warm and fuzzy or a bit nervous as tension raises?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...pital-forge-ahead-with-moving-us-embassy.html

2. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12
    Arabs calling for a summit. Lots of people offended.

Whatever violence committed against Israel will be justified by the perpetrators by saying Trump's action provoked them.

Israel's retaliation will be loudly condemned.

In summary, the ME remains a complete mess. Nothing's changed.

3. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $217
    Ratings:
    +4,282 / -190
    Trump will fix it. It will be the greatest diplomacy in history. He has a way of bridging the divide...............[​IMG]

4. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12

Just curious, what is your position on the ME, other than being opposed and critical of all things Trump. Do you support moving the embassy to Jerusalem?

5. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $217
    Ratings:
    +4,282 / -190
    hell no..................waste of $$$ and grandstanding by moron in chief..................His knowledge of the ME and all that entails you could fit on a zipper, not zip drive but a zipper. Alex would be your guy to ask about the ME or Detroit................I just know its a clstrfck and has been since Ive been paying attention these 6 decades or so and we seem to do little to make it better...........

6. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $202
    Ratings:
    +791 / -7
  7. Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.

Oxbucks:
    $59
    Ratings:
    +1,114 / -10
    Nothing anyone does is going to be good enough. Muslims are always offended by something. But at least he's doing something. Guess the world would be better off with the "smart power, don't do stupid ****, lead from behind, James Taylor" successes of the Obama foreign policy. I mean, after all, for Obama's 8 years were there only years of peace in the middle East, until Trump unraveled everything on day one of his election.

8. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12

Just curious, do you equate the "zipper" theory of quantitative intelligence on the Senate too?

Because......

9. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +224 / -10
    Agree grandstanding, and appeasing his son-in-law. We are going to spend four years building something to leave abandoned what we have in tel-aviv, and make it the target of the entire middle east. How long does he think this embassy will be left standing? I am pro-Israel. They are the only nation there that shares our values. But you do not have to do this to be pro-Israel. Am glad I own a defense ETF today. Every time he gets the world riled up I make a few bucks for the pit in my stomach.

10. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $217
    Ratings:
    +4,282 / -190
    I cant get tweets here BUT the last person I saw really make an effort in the ME was jimma catuh............
    and it didnt last. How are you going to reason with people still thinking like 7th century human beings. Stupid is as stupid does. Let to their own devices they will kill each other in shopping areas, churches , funerals, weddings etc. With the money we have wasted in that area we could have had NEW INFRASTRUCTURE and health care.

11. g8r.tom

g8r.tom Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $68
    Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    It’s been US law since 1990. The senate votes often, overwhelmingly, to support the capital in Jerusalem. Laws and votes actually mean something.

12. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $366
    Ratings:
    +4,186 / -92
    Questions...

1. Why does it take 4 years to build an embassy? Is the craftsmanship that bad over there?

2. If it takes 4 years, what happens when it's not done and the POTUS has changed and wants it back in Tel-Aviv?

13. Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $202
    Ratings:
    +791 / -7
    They already have a building that is suitable.

14. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $366
    Ratings:
    +4,186 / -92
    Was this the answer to Q1 or Q2 or both? :lol:

15. Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $202
    Ratings:
    +791 / -7
    I saw on Fox News where we had a govt office building in Jerusalem that would suffice for an embassy. I sure remodeling would occur. As far as POTUS changing his mind in four years :dunno:.

16. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $366
    Ratings:
    +4,186 / -92
    So we already have a building and it would take 3-4 years to retrofit? That's nuts.

17. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $221
    Ratings:
    +6,854 / -10

Let me help you out with that tweet by Ben Shapiro and the articles it cites:

In June of 2017, about 6 months ago, the Senate voted unanimously in support of this because they like to appease Jewish voters and donors. But it is all BS because they don't really mean it. They're lying. I hate politicians.

Then this Trump guy comes along and actually intends to do what he told voters he was going to do. Not just say he was going to do it, but actually do it.

Of course when it turns out that their vote actually means something, well, that's another matter entirely.

Kinda like the Obamacare repeal. Voting for it when it isn't going to happen is easy. Then this guy gets elected who really wants to do what he said he was going to do.

I don't like Donald Trump. I think he's a buffoon. Maybe he was sharp in his youth and age is catching up to him. I don't know. I find him distasteful and boorish.

But he's actually trying to do what he promised the voters he would do. Ain't that a b!tch? The career politicians in DC are aghast. This behavior is unheard of! Doesn't he know those were all meant to be EMPTY promises?

I may not like him, but I am finding myself liking more and more of the things he's doing.

Alex.

18. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12

X1000.

[​IMG]

19. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    Jerusalem is a high holy sight for 3 religions. This was not the best move. Even the Christians who actually live there are pissed about it. But know we are hearing that its all talk.

20. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    This was actually a good investment strategy.