Off to Jerusalem we go

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NVGator, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    See, this is the type of fair analysis that I expect from Alex. I cant disagree with any of it. And yes, Congress really sucks.

2. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    Its going to be a suicide bomber magnet.

3. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $264
    Ratings:
    +2,139 / -35
    Yeah, that sucks. I noticed they were struggling to find a good place to blow themselves up.

4. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $197
    Ratings:
    +4,483 / -87
    Yeah, fine job that peanut head did.....6 Presidents later and were still trying to fix his mess....Iraq/Iran War ring a bell? Gas shortages, remember them? Hostages? Trump already has most ME countries sh!tting themselves by ramping up domestic energy sources....Let them f vck with the new Embassy....we may find the final Palestinian solution.

5. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $197
    Ratings:
    +4,483 / -87
    :lmao2:

6. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $197
    Ratings:
    +4,483 / -87
    This thing could be the modern Trojan Horse....

7. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $211
    Ratings:
    +6,844 / -10
    This is a testament to your political bias.

Every single president since Carter, all of them, D and R, have wanted a peace deal in the middle east and have tried mightily to make it happen. Every single one.

Why? Because they are all megalomaniacs and want a legacy to be revered in history books. Oh, and peace. You know.

They have all gone about it in different ways, some I agree with, some I don't, but they have all tried mightily to make it happen.

Not one has been satisfied with the status quo.

Jimmy didn't try harder than anybody else. He just happened to be president at a time when Egypt was ready to make a deal with Israel. That's not Jimmy. That's after a couple of costly wars for Egypt and the Suez crisis.

And that's just the Arab-Israeli question.

During Reagan's time, you had the Iran-Iraq war. During HW's time you had the Gulf War. During W's and Obama's time you had the War on Terror and the Sunni-Shia deathmatch.

Alex.

8. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $170
    Ratings:
    +6,719 / -9
    Don’t forget the foreign aid... Jimmuh bought peace, good on him. We’re still paying it today.

9. MotownGator

MotownGator Newbie

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +428 / -15
    Palestinians were and are the caretakers of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. Too bad they did not have good PR to convince the Xtians here. Jews somehow convinced even the zenophobic, nazi loving racists that they are the chosen one to welcome the arrival of the messiah. Bad PR from the PLO.

10. MotownGator

MotownGator Newbie

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +428 / -15
    It like the salaries of coaches. Whose money is it anyway? 2 Billion for Egypt, 2 Billion for Israel. If Detroit needs it, go borrow from banks and pay interest.

11. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $211
    Ratings:
    +6,844 / -10
    The Church is in "Palestine" so the Palestinian police protect the site, but it is administered by a handful of Christian sects who each have specific areas and responsibilities. There is a rivalry among the sects that sometimes results in violence. Embarrassing, really. Similar situation with the Church of the Holy Sepulcher (although that is in Jerusalem). The keys to that building, the holiest site in all Christianity, are held by a Muslim family and have been held by that same family for centuries. Both Churches are governed by a "Status Quo" that's older than the US Constitution. The Christian sects can't agree on anything. There is a famous ladder that has been leaning against a second floor window for over a century because the sects can't agree to allow somebody to move it.

I know Christians living in this part of the world. They are treated better by the "Palestinians" than by the Jews. We don't know it here in the US, but in Israel, the Jews are not very kind or tolerant of Christians.

I say that with a caveat. In Syria, the Christians were treated well by Assad's people (team Shia) and brutally by ISIS (team Sunni).

But in the "Palestinian" and Jewish areas, the Christians get better treatment by the Muslims. And I find that very sad considering how much this (very Christian) nation does for Israel.

Alex.

12. SC Gator

SC Gator Sorta Kinda
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $281
    Ratings:
    +774 / -11

Very critical of Trump, but honestly if Israel is ok with it, then ok. It’s their citizens in harms way. It is the capital.

It is the right thing to do for Israel, but if Mid East Peace is the goal, not so sure. I dont know how it benefits America, but yes it is the logical thing to do. Just because people will react with violence is not a reason not to do it. Of course Jerusalem is the capital. It was the “right” thing to take Saddam out, but that does not mean it worked out the way everyone wanted.

13. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $197
    Ratings:
    +4,483 / -87
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
    There will be peace there when we turn that sh!thole into glass......as in melted sand....Then take all the oil like Reagan, Bush and Trump were trying to do all along, right? It will complete the "Great oil Conspiracy"......whowhowhohahahha....
    It's an Embassy not a military base....:headslap:

14. Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $99
    Ratings:
    +1,394 / -53
    Ouch. That’s gonna leave a mark.

15. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    This makes no sense. We make decisions like this all the time. Theoretically, I have the right to walk down every public street in the US without fear of harm. In reality, there are certain neighborhoods I won't go in because most likely I would get robbed or worse. If I walked down those streets with $100 bill taped to my head,and I'm beat up and robbed, technically I'm not at fault. The criminals are responsible. But really I can't really blame anybody but myself because I knew what would happen beforehand.

16. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $197
    Ratings:
    +4,483 / -87
    If you were a badass like Trump you would do it for fun...Just like he is trying to start a war in the ME....WAR MACHINE GOOD FOR ECONOMY........:lmao2:

17. gardnerwebbgator

gardnerwebbgator Not A Snowflake
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $145
    Ratings:
    +4,062 / -56
    Anything to make Muslims uncomfortable do it. **** them and their cult.

18. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $288
    Ratings:
    +1,520 / -149
    And we used to say doing the same thing and expecting a different result is insane. Now doing something different, that several presidents have promised, and congress even voted for is considered insane.

We can't make peace only the two groups involved can. One clearly likes violence better than peace and has a history of believing that delaying peace will get them a better deal. The reality is that the deal has been getting worse and if they ever believe that peace might be possible.

19. GataFlava08

GataFlava08 New Member

Oxbucks:
    $4
    Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Start? The only time when that region is not at war is when they put down their AK’s to hump goats

20. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $429
    Ratings:
    +3,263 / -12
    More leftist spin.

Teens attempting to kill Israeli soldiers are now "protesting."