Offensive game plan for Tenn game?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am curious what the plan will be on offense in this game. Do we revert even more back to Muschamp ball or do we keep trying to hit some long passes early to try and loosen the defense up some. I think Matt Jones may have hinted that we will be seeing Muschamp ball mostly. Twice he made a point today to say Tennessee looked to be a little light on the defensive line but that they had good LBs. Imo Muschamp is crazy if he thinks Tennessee isn't going to expect us to try a whole lot of power running and Tenn actually hasn't looked that bad against the run this season until the 2nd half of that Georgia game.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More Muschamp ball coming. Run, run, pass, punt.

Hope I'm wrong but my new found hope was short lived...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I would think it might look a little like the EMU game. Try and spread them with some horizontal passing and then hit them with some power inside running. Those runs can go to the house when you get them blocked right. Not real confident getting safeties out of the box with our vertical passing game so we probably need to get them wide.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n65772 said:
I am curious what the plan will be on offense in this game. Do we revert even more back to Muschamp ball or do we keep trying to hit some long passes early to try and loosen the defense up some. I think Matt Jones may have hinted that we will be seeing Muschamp ball mostly. Twice he made a point today to say Tennessee looked to be a little light on the defensive line but that they had good LBs. Imo Muschamp is crazy if he thinks Tennessee isn't going to expect us to try a whole lot of power running and Tenn actually hasn't looked that bad against the run this season until the 2nd half of that Georgia game.

I would expect less option and more straight runs from both Taylor and Jones, and using that for play action passing for Driskel. Limit Driskel (and hopefully some Harris) to about 25-30 attempts. If our line can get to the second level, both Taylor and Jones will have a field day, which will open up the passing game for whom ever is behind center. I expect at least two early deep passes just to let the defense know we are going to attempt it. I expect a game plan similar (not the same) to Kentucky, just with an extra week of practice better execution. Defensively, hopefully some of the mental lapses and arm tackling/head hunting will go away and our players will wrap up.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I expect a whole lot of the same during the game, and a whole lot of the same on this message board afterwards! :kick:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n65787 said:
I would expect less option and more straight runs from both Taylor and Jones, and using that for play action passing for Driskel. Limit Driskel (and hopefully some Harris) to about 25-30 attempts. If our line can get to the second level, both Taylor and Jones will have a field day, which will open up the passing game for whom ever is behind center. I expect at least two early deep passes just to let the defense know we are going to attempt it. I expect a game plan similar (not the same) to Kentucky, just with an extra week of practice better execution. Defensively, hopefully some of the mental lapses and arm tackling/head hunting will go away and our players will wrap up.

I am just nervous Tenn will stack the box unless we hit the early deep stuff unlike previous weeks and Muschamp will be so stubborn he will just keep thinking we can do what Georgia did to them in the 2nd half with Gurley but I don't think we are capable of doing that like Georgia did. Tenn actually held up pretty good against Oklahoma's running game which is better than ours imo.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;65787 said:
This exactly. I would also expect Tennessee to stack the box. UGA ran for over 200 yes on them and they are going to dare Driskell to beat them. I think the ability to hit some big passes...possibly PA and go over the top

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n65783 said:
More Muschamp ball coming. Run, run, pass, punt.

Hope I'm wrong but my new found hope was short lived...
Run, run, run, punt. Then run, run, run, punt. Then run, run, screen pass, punt. Repeat.

Anyone who hasn't seen this coming wasn't listening to every single interview where Chimp said that the once lesson he learned was "don't lose your QB" and "They will get tired of tackling Matt Jones". Hell, I won't be surprised if we see two extra tackles again.

The last ride of Big Dumb Will Muschump 80s Dawg Ball.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
rogdochar;n65807 said:
I expect all of the same, but much more of the same done no differently. ??
So what you're saying is, there's a chance we might see more of the same?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to admit it but I think WM is too stubborn to change the offense. If so, we will be just good enough to win a few games and break our hearts in others.

Hoping for better days ahead..

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No matter what he does THEY MUST WIN FIRST DOWN and play ahead of the chains. The box will be stacked until JD proves he can burn you. I agree we should see a little more the the EMU game. But make no mistake they are going to try and wear UT's line down.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n65882 said:
No matter what he does THEY MUST WIN FIRST DOWN and play ahead of the chains. The box will be stacked until JD proves he can burn you. I agree we should see a little more the the EMU game. But make no mistake they are going to try and wear UT's line down.

Yep.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have it on good authority that we're just going to punt on first down every series. The ultimate f*ck you to the fans.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n65985 said:
I have it on good authority that we're just going to punt on first down every series. The ultimate f*ck you to the fans.

I would laugh.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n65985 said:
Christie does give us the best chance to win

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n65998 said:
Christie does give us the best chance to win

He has a 217.6 career passer rating, and it was a pass he threw against LSU. So right there, he's probably got more of a say to play QB than Treon Harris. :dance:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ironic thread title is ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.