Offensive line trouble - David Wunderlich Film Study (CSU vs UF)

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Once again David Wunderlich did a good job breaking down the offensive woes of Florida’s offense. Except this time he points out how Franks is making the right read and doing what he’s supposed to do, but the right side of the offensive line doesn’t have a clue what it’s supposed to do over and over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy has no clue.
Mullen’s sucks.
We have plenty of talent.
-Traz
that's exactly the opposite of what Lt Raz says. however not knowing what to do is usually a coaching problem not of talent problem.

if one player doesn't know what to do you replace the player if two players and all the backups apparently don't know what to do you replace the coach. is it a failure to teach or a failure to motive? failure to understand how mobile linemen are?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Our oline plays like ass. Big fat cellulite ridden ass. These ain't freshman and it ain't rocket surgery. They're just too slow to execute.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Once again David Wunderlich did a good job breaking down the offensive woes of Florida’s offense. Except this time he points out how Franks is making the right read and doing what he’s supposed to do, but the right side of the offensive line doesn’t have a clue what it’s supposed to do over and over.

Could be slow learners, or just plain dumb, not necessary coaching. Tenercee should be a step up in completion hopefully they will do better.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Could be slow learners, or just plain dumb, not necessary coaching. Tenercee should be a step up in completion hopefully they will do better.
They've been playing the position for half their lives. And it's not like they're f'ng up complicated blocking schemes. Pretty basic stuff. They just suck at playing the position.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
that's exactly the opposite of what Lt Raz says. however not knowing what to do is usually a coaching problem not of talent problem.

if one player doesn't know what to do you replace the player if two players and all the backups apparently don't know what to do you replace the coach. is it a failure to teach or a failure to motive? failure to understand how mobile linemen are?
Is Johnson retarded?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

I’m suspecting we just have a dumb OL room. These guys could get by on size in high school. You can’t coach dumb.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

You can’t coach dumb. I thought Franks was dumb but he is actually showing baby steps.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Ok, here goes:

1. Play one absolutely is NOT a corner blitz. It is a slow developing run play where the corner makes the tackle near the line of scrimmage because he is unblocked. Probably that is on the WR and why it is so important for WRs away from the play to block in the Meyer/Mullen offense. The WR did not block because the run was to the offensive left, but the RB cut all the way back to the right where the unblocked CB was waiting.

2. Play two is a corner blitz and he is right the CB is picked up. Now a QB like Franks can be sped up just seeing a blitz and anticipating pressure whether it is there or not and Franks throws the ball away very quickly. The reviewer is right two guys get beaten on the blitz side of the OL, but Franks had more time than he took.

3. Play three is a second CB. The pulling OL does get a piece of him and Franks does the right thing by stepping up. Then he steps back into where the CB is coming from. I also think that Scarlett probably was to check for a blitzing player before delaying out of the backfield. He failed to do that.

4. In play four two guys actually block the defensive tackle, but Franks takes too long and does not out run a defensive tackle and loses yards.

5. Play five is not a counter play nor is it planned to go where this guy claims it is to go. The flow of the defense to the right of the offense causes Scarlett to cut the play back. Johnson does pick up nobody and the offside LB makes the play in part because Johnson blocks no one and Scarlett cuts the ball back to the opposite side of the line.

6. The backside DE is NOT being optioned in play 6. He is unblocked because the ball is being run the other way! The OL stayed with the onside combo block this time and the play went for a number of yards. It would have been nice to get the blocker out on the LB, but first you secure the first part of the combo block to make the play a positive play.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I’m suspecting we just have a dumb OL room. These guys could get by on size in high school. You can’t coach dumb.
Four of the starters are seniors. If they don't know how to double team and release by now I'm afraid no amount of coaching is going to help them.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Those boys have had 3 different OL coaches and they're still ass! The only thing that will fix our OL problems is them not being on it anymore and an infusion of top tier talent. Most of our OL isn't SEC caliber but instead group of 5 caliber!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t watch the video, but the only egregious bad read Franks made the whole game was the interception, and even that would have been six if he threw it on the money. Should have gone with the curl route to his left for the first down, but went for the home run and made a bad throw.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Over all else, Franks needs some cognitive reaction tests & training. UF's Brain Center has software devised for brain-afflicted victims but they've been restructured to enhance slow-normal brain functioning ... Okay, I admit, I think Franks needs brain enhancement. That will improve his entire life-experience, and especially improve ours. :confused:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Didn’t watch the video, but the only egregious bad read Franks made the whole game was the interception, and even that would have been six if he threw it on the money. Should have gone with the curl route to his left for the first down, but went for the home run and made a bad throw.
I thought that the throw was dead-on and was already counting the completion. I just thought it was late.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

So you’re suggesting we replace the coach? Harsh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator