Offensive line trouble - David Wunderlich Film Study (CSU vs UF)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I got agitated with him on one series where he flat out refused to block a guy on successive plays (and he was in position to make the block both times) and killed the drive.

Made me wonder where Raymond was. Did he play?

I think C'yonti did. Maybe started. Moron needs to be taken out of the lineup. Can't catch and can't block.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I think this exactly right. UF is not threatening a bad defense enough to run against. So far UF has played against the 16th and 111th rated defenses. (Charleston Southern in D1 FCS not D1 FBS.) The defenses up coming are UTn 36, Miss State 5, LSU 34, Vandy 17, UGa 20, UMo 83, SoCar 44 and FSU 53. (Idaho is another D1 FCS team.) So UF better find a way to threaten the defense some.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
New top tier OL talent certainly is needed.

To be fair , the 3 coaches is not the player's fault and it does not help when you are taught different techniques and or systems.
Agreed! However...I would bet the farm that if they had a top tier OL coach to coach them for 4 yrs they would still be below average. They are untalented, soft, play with a halfass attitude and they don't hate losing which will show over the next few weeks unfortunately! We have along way to go on the OL before we get to competing with the big boys again.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
When do you see Trask “see the field better in terms of passing”? Practice? Routes on air? He’s thrown 3 balls in his college career for 22 yards!
This is the best part of Trask’s greatness. No one has ever seen it on display. It’s a mystery. Prove he’s not the next Montana.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Sounds good to me. Is that available? Do you have the hook up?
Franks is a millennial. I’m sure he can find the dark web without involving me. Besides, Rog explained in detail..... No Drugs Needed. He’s got some brain voodoo for Franks. Personally, I’d rather jus switch to Trask...mostly so he can make an ass of Swamp Donk.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
Lol, Franks is better but slow. When limiting his choices we also help the OL and others. Quicker plays with less reads. FF is consistently late and short and likes to keep the ball. Manage him and he can manage the game

Consistently late on every single throw? Nah. They brought it up twice in the broadcast and now our fans keep parroting it. It’s like clockwork.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Agreed! However...I would bet the farm that if they had a top tier OL coach to coach them for 4 yrs they would still be below average. They are untalented, soft, play with a halfass attitude and they don't hate losing which will show over the next few weeks unfortunately! We have along way to go on the OL before we get to competing with the big boys again.
Hearing any good news on the OL recruiting front?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Didn’t watch the video, but the only egregious bad read Franks made the whole game was the interception, and even that would have been six if he threw it on the money. Should have gone with the curl route to his left for the first down, but went for the home run and made a bad throw.

See, I would argue it wasn't a bad read, it was a late throw (as I did in my review and appears what you're saying). Like you said, if he throws it a second earlier and doesn't put touch on it, Hammond had a chance to score.

G8RFAN16

Internet Surfing Coach Extraordinaire
Nov 20, 2017

I agree totally Marianna. The OL trouble, or lack thereof, is why I can't understand why we have not been more creative in the running game. The constant lining up with the running back on either the right or left side of the qb, and the qb handing the ball of and the rb running either running to the left side or the right side of the line, over and over and over has to stop, and it's going to bite us in the a$$ if we don't begin to mix it up.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I agree totally Marianna. The OL trouble, or lack thereof, is why I can't understand why we have not been more creative in the running game. The constant lining up with the running back on either the right or left side of the qb, and the qb handing the ball of and the rb running either running to the left side or the right side of the line, over and over and over has to stop, and it's going to bite us in the a$$ if we don't begin to mix it up.
Yeah, I'd like to run straight up the middle just to mix it up :D.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'd like to run straight up the middle just to mix it up :D.

I wonder how that might work against Miss State with Simmons going against Buchanan, Johnson or Jordan. If there is no assist the blocker is usually taken care of pretty quickly by him. KY was able to use his aggressiveness against them some and get him taken out of some running plays however.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I wonder how that might work against Miss State with Simmons going against Buchanan, Johnson or Jordan. If there is no assist the blocker is usually taken care of pretty quickly by him. KY was able to use his aggressiveness against them some and get him taken out of some running plays however.
How did they do that?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Double team him as usual.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I added the bold. You do realize that SOFT, ATTITUDE and HATING LOSING which is attitude again are all about coaching.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How did they do that?

Some of the time they let him get up the field real quickly that took him out of the play and other times they were still able to get a hole opened up by getting him pushed to the side a little and his body horizontal. Kind of like Arkansas did Bryan that game they beat us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator