Offensive Production

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss hasn't called a quick slant - probably ever.
I'm no Nuss fan at all, but in complete and total fairness, I think our first TD against Bama last year was a quick slant. So that's one! :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss has shown little affinity for a crisp passing game. Instead, we see these slow-to-develop plays where the chance for error increases exponentially. We saw Franks rolling out yesterday and the Michigan front line on his heels every step of the way. He turned one of them into a long scramble, but otherwise I disagree with the thinking.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire probably had about 10 snaps where the play call from Nuss was so late that we were snapping the ball with around 3 seconds on the clock.

This was a great wright up and I tend to agree with him. We have enough talent that we should at least resemble a football team every week but we never do.

This was clear to anybody watching the last 2 years. Nuss not being fired last off-season is just unacceptable and shows Mac doesn't know what he's looking at.

He needs to be gone this year can't use Nuss as a scape goat when everyone watching knew he shoulda already been gone.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This was a great right up and I tend to agree with him. We have enough talent that we should at least resemble a football team every week but we never do.

This was clear to anybody watching the last 2 years. Nuss not being fired last off-season is just unacceptable and shows Mac doesn't know what he's looking at.

He needs to be gone this year can't use Nuss as a scape goat when everyone watching knew he shoulda already been gone.
I think it goes even deeper than Nuss. Our staff rarely looks prepared for games, almost never has our players in a mental state(concentration) to compete with the big boys, and our players constantly get pushed around by even average teams.....The whole thing stinks and it starts at the top.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1. I think Mac has peaked. He said over and over that he thought their plan was solid. He cannot compete at this level.

2. I don't care how they "practice ". I think the reason the offense regressed is because they learn more in game than in practice. What do we always say... "give him more game time". If game time can make a player better, can it also make a player worse? Say what you want but Brantley regressed, treon regressed, Driskel regressed and I guarantee all our offense will regress until there is a competent oc or hc. Putting these players in terrible situations allows them to learn all the wrong things. So no matter how you practice all your trying to do is undo the negatives they practiced in games.

3. We looked awful out there as we have for the last 2 years. The players kept saying that people didn't play their assignments and dropped fundamentals. Of course, because what mac is teaching them will get them killed.

4. I hate to go full swamp donkey but I supporter mac until last night when I took the blinders off and all the problems became painfully obvious. Plus his lying didn't help. There was no need to lie about how good the oline was. Unless he wasn't lying, which makes it even worse!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
No game plan
No preparedness
Soft line
No separation by receivers
Not getting ball to play makers
Lots of sacks, but not the good kind.

Seems like I have heard all of this somewhere before

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ivey should not start another game.
Ivey should never have been forced to play Left Guard in 2015 and 2016....he is a Right Tackle who has been confused for the last 3 years by a staff who does not know a thing about player evaluation....Same goes with Taylor playing Right Tackle.....he is confused because anyone can see he is naturally a Left or Right Guard......We are like the Island of Misfit Toys because our last 2 staffs are comprised of people who lack the ability to evaluate where people should be playing and worse yet haven't recruited well enough to overcome their shortcomings.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I just said this in the Nuss thread. He absolutely shredded our defense in '09, so why not try calling the plays now? Nuss has continuously shown he cannot read the flow of a football game or react to what the defense is doing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just said this in the Nuss thread. He absolutely shredded our defense in '09, so why not try calling the plays now? Nuss has continuously shown he cannot read the flow of a football game or react to what the defense is doing.

I said in one of the threads a couple weeks back – fire Nuss, be your own OC, and bring in another coach who can recruit.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said in one of the threads a couple weeks back – fire Nuss, be your own OC, and bring in another coach who can recruit.

That's his only chance of survival at this point. I'm just not convinced it'll be enough. I think we have an attitude problem in the locker room. They all have the same "aw shucks, it's ok, we'll try harder next time" attitude as their HC. No sense of urgency. No will to win. No pride. No shame.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He won't do anything unless he's forced to. Maybe the administration will step in and force him to like they did with Calloway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb