Offensive Production

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He won't do anything unless he's forced to. Maybe the administration will step in and force him to like they did with Calloway.

And the administration will only do this if the bullgators force them.

And that may not happen this year unless we lose to someone like Kentucky.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it goes even deeper than Nuss. Our staff rarely looks prepared for games, almost never has our players in a mental state(concentration) to compete with the big boys, and our players constantly get pushed around by even average teams.....The whole thing stinks and it starts at the top.
The team plays with the same passion and fire as their coach shows.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And the administration will only do this if the bullgators force them.

And that may not happen this year unless we lose to someone like Kentucky.
Stricklin is in a tough situation. I think his bet bet is to act quickly and decisively, which means putting Mac on notice about this offense right now. He'll garner a ton of support and if Mac turns it around he takes much of the credit. If not, he acted quickly and got rid of Foley's Folley III.
Let this thing linger and people will start calling for Stricklin's head.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let this thing linger and people will start calling for Stricklin's head.

The fact that he didn't force Mac to fire Nuss after last year tells me he should go too. I'm pretty much in the clean house mode now. We looked that pathetic yesterday.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
It is just not as simple as "fire Nuss" sadly. Whatever we do in practice (the whole team), it does not translate to anything but a circus on gameday. Mac always says we had a good game plan, but we always get embarrassed. That's not on Nuss. The team is not prepared to play, is not put in a position to win, does not have the passion and fire to win, and this is all on the head coach.

Don't get me wrong, I think Nuss is as creative as a dumpster full of a garbage and would love to see him sent packing. I just don't think firing him is going to suddenly make us learn fundamentals or play like we have a clue and care. At best we'll get a bit better play calling. At worst nothing changes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Firing Nuss and having Mac call the plays won't instantly fix this. Our offensive line isn't even in the same area code as Bama's from 2009. Not sure why it didn't dawn on Mac when he came in that you build a house from the foundation up.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire probably had about 10 snaps where the play call from Nuss was so late that we were snapping the ball with around 3 seconds on the clock.

This article gives voice to tens of thousands of Gator fans who have been suffering through this garbage for years. No rhythm, as predictable as a sunrise, no fire in the belly, no going for the throat, just plain old awful and painful to watch.

When it comes to the Gators, this thread title is an oxymoron.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some more stats on our in ineptitude:

There is absolutely no hiding from this. No excuses. No "woe is me I was left with sh!t to work with". Nothing. This is coaching ineptitude spelled out in black and white.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

If you publish a denounciationof a particular player/play, please notice that your "dumped on" was driven back by a double-team of DLs and that the tackle was made by LBs, who appearingly knew where the play was gonna be ahead of the snap.?? or did I see that wrong. [ It's like Nuss is an undercover informant for the team we're playing.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I actually thought that Franks played fairly well and the defense did as could as they could, but that offensive line must have been reading their headlines. Potentially, the "best in the SEC" either gave them a big head or they played like they did not even have to try. I don't even think it was missed assignments as much as not thinking like a unit. Even with three man rushes, I cannot remember the frequency of seeing so many opposing players in the backfield. I don't think Franks or Zaire had the time to see their receivers and our all our backs ended up in um's arms. 7 sacks?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas ... I was a "holdout" for saying that I thought Mac had turned the corner, heading UF in the right direction. No more can I support Mac or his coach-team selections. Make a clean house surer turnaround rescue of what was once the most colorful, exciting national CFB Programs.
No more hiring non-premier coaches { probly should hire Vladimer Putin to clean up after Mac} Anyway, I'm saying now our AD needs to become P.T. Barnum, think out of the box and put together offers topline HCs can't refuse.
Here's my top hiring plan:

Offer Spurrier HC, but enthusiastically offer him Kerwin Bell as co-HC. Kerwin can do the HC "grunt-work" (stuff that's too tiring, too plodding, dealing with the administration, & requires travel). Kerwin & SOS have worked together fine as HC to QB, as HC to coach as real Gators. Actually, as impishly as Steve likes to "put-it" to SEC HCs, he may prefer the label of "HC-in-waiting" & let Bell be HC. All through this SOS will be molding Bell to take over as solo HC, once the program is back to whooping FSU & Bama.

Also, I think Saban's CEO-ness creates a CFB program where assisstant coaches get plugged in and falsely look accomplished. That pseudo-accolade on their resume gets them hired higher up than they can handle. In fact, I bet Sabin had thoughts of replacing them.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's his only chance of survival at this point. I'm just not convinced it'll be enough. I think we have an attitude problem in the locker room. They all have the same "aw shucks, it's ok, we'll try harder next time" attitude as their HC. No sense of urgency. No will to win. No pride. No shame.

I think he loses the lockerroom and Strick is forced to clean house. This is a Mac issue not just Nuss. Shannon's D was continually fooled as well. He sucks as a DC. Nord? He sucks. When all coordinators sucks then the head coach sucks.

Dead man walking.

EDIT: I hadn't read your clean house post yet so we are in agreement. This is a top down problem. Mac has to go.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

2017-09-03-2nd-and-14-run-play_kr5xqu.gif

2017-09-03-Toney-missed-block_zlckey.gif

2017-09-03-Thompson-Sack_crzdsc.gif

2017-09-03-McCoy-blown-up_byf7zf.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.