Offensive Tackle Position

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Were you guys as impressed as I was with Green and Johnson? They moved Green to LT, after Hump was injured and Johnson went in at RT. Both Green and Johnson are better than Hump, IMHO. I would like to see Summers make them the starters and move Hump to a backup role. Sharpe is going yo be really good. If we can get Ivey, in the next class, we will be in great shape in the future.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n44893 said:
Were you guys as impressed as I was with Green and Johnson? They moved Green to LT, after Hump was injured and Johnson went in at RT. Both Green and Johnson are better than Hump, IMHO. I would like to see Summers make them the starters and move Hump to a backup role. Sharpe is going yo be really good. If we can get Ivey, in the next class, we will be in great shape in the future.

They seemed to play decent - our problem is both the starter and the backup at LG played pretty bad against Eastern Michigan.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n44933 said:
They seemed to play decent - our problem is both the starter and the backup at LG played pretty bad against Eastern Michigan.
Yea ... Moore isn't very good at football.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw a couple of times where Moore backed up a couple of steps and the defender ran right around him...:headslap:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I thought the Tackles did alright. I think we would probably have a better handle on rotation if we had played last week. The interior of the line needs some tweaking. Maybe they should give Sarvary some reps that Thurman and Moore are getting.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
Saw a couple of times where Moore backed up a couple of steps and the defender ran right around him...:headslap:
It happened to Thurman also on that passing TD Jones had but the ball was out right away preventing a disaster on the play.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
I thought the Tackles did alright. I think we would probably have a better handle on rotation if we had played last week. The interior of the line needs some tweaking. Maybe they should give Sarvary some reps that Thurman and Moore are getting.
If Addazio was still here he would say Moore and Thurman graded out as champions

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I saw Sharpe in there and he looked pretty good. Am I mistaken? I got to slow down at the tailgate and watch the replay.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n44933 said:
Yeah, I started to mention the Guard play, but, I was focusing on the ramifications of Hump going down. I have watched the game 3 times and looked at the Tackle play, after Hump's injury. Green and Johnson played pretty well. After practicing in those positions, this week, they should play even better. I agree that the play at left Guard was bad. Moore really disappointed me. I surely thought he would play well. I watched Moore and it seemed as though he had a bit of an attitude or he was frustrated with his play. He seemed as though he didn't know the blocking assignment. Once, the DT lined up in the B-Gap and it was obvious that he was Moore's responsibility. Moore just stood up and the guy just blew right by him. The blocking assignments are not difficult, so, it's hard to understand why he would be struggling.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
GIGator said:
Gator Fever;n44933 said:
Yeah, I started to mention the Guard play, but, I was focusing on the ramifications of Hump going down. I have watched the game 3 times and looked at the Tackle play, after Hump's injury. Green and Johnson played pretty well. After practicing in those positions, this week, they should play even better. I agree that the play at left Guard was bad. Moore really disappointed me. I surely thought he would play well. I watched Moore and it seemed as though he had a bit of an attitude or he was frustrated with his play. He seemed as though he didn't know the blocking assignment. Once, the DT lined up in the B-Gap and it was obvious that he was Moore's responsibility. Moore just stood up and the guy just blew right by him. The blocking assignments are not difficult, so, it's hard to understand why he would be struggling.
Moore struggles for 2 reasons: 1) He isn't very quick which is why he was moved to guard. His footwork is slow. 2) He isn't very good with his hands. Combined, those are major issues. Thurman's problem is that he isn't very strong at the point of attack. That is why he gets pushed around a lot and rarely moves his guy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Concrete Helmet said:
10-4 on that Fever. It's amazing those 2 haven't gotten any better in their time here and Moore already played at Nebraska
for 1 year so I don't think it's all coaching. Amazing also Guys like Brown and Johnson had the same coach as those 2 last year but have seemed to show significant improvement this year. Sometimes as painful as it must be for a coach to do you just have to send them to the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.