Official 2014 Florida Gators Prediction Thread...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can see 9-3/10-2 season barring any major injuries like last year. This is probably our best chance at beating Bama in a long time. New QB, down a bit, and the Kiffy Meister. That move alone bringing him in is the end of Bama as we know it, IMO. Not expecting a win there, but its not out of possibilty. A few highlights:
Beat UToothless, AGAIN!
Will beat LSU at Home
Leg Humpers return to losing
OBC gets beat in the Swamp.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
Uniform Nation ‏@sbnuniforms
Florida and Georgia will both wear home uniforms in this year's matchup (11/1/14), via @PhilHecken:

BwDUzuCCEAEQvtq.png
It's not like I made it up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
11-3.

Lose to Bama
Another loss somewhere - maybe FSux.
Loss in SEC championship.
Win bowl game.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
Uniform Nation ‏@sbnuniforms
Florida and Georgia will both wear home uniforms in this year's matchup (11/1/14), via @PhilHecken:

BwDUzuCCEAEQvtq.png
Yeah, it's going to happen. They want to take away any home field advantage, even though the uniforms make no difference and make it 100% neutral. It's just another pandering move to satisfy the whining of Bulldog fans. Next, they'll have Congress declare Jacksonville as a separate territory for one day a year.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
11 & 1!!!! We will lose to Bamer, in a close game, due to our offense not having their feet completely under them; however, it will be a game that gives the offense confidence and they start to take off after that. I don't understand why so many give us no chance to be the Rapist and his band of thugs. I believe we are more talented than Auburn was last year, especially on defense and Auburn should have won that game. FSU will not have Benjiman and they lost some big guns off of their defense. We will be rolling by the time we ride in to Tallicrappy and Muschamp will out coach Fisher and we will, once again, own Doak Campbell. We will face Bamer, again, in the SECCG and beat them with a more experienced team that has gained momentum and confidence. We make the 4 team playoff - predictions to come later.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
Mudd;n35919 said:
The way I remember it the road team brings the refs from their conference. Am I wrong on that?

Well, I know for a fact the "Swindle in the Swamp" had acc refs not SEC.
That is why it changed. Foley was so pissed about the way the ACC refs officiated that game at the Swamp that they set it to be conference refs at home.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
9-3.. unfortunately I do think we lose to UGA as well as Bama and FSU.

I still think Champ keeps his job with 9-3. I also think Bama, FSU and UGA all end up top 5.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Bama is beatable this year, and in actual fact if all things go as planned we match up well against them.The 2 O's that Bama had problems with last year are the "power" spread and the O's that snap the ball quickly.We will be doing both. add to the fact that their Qb situation is pathetic, Cocker went 3-17 at their spring game and went down from there it leaves Simms who just isn't very good.I've lurked on a few Bama boards and the natives are restless and a little scared about having any pass game. We've got good depth on the dl , allthough some inexperienced.We can actually roll a lot more 300 lbers in the middle than in previous years . If we can get a lead they'd be forced to pass more which is questionable with the Qb's. It's getting that lead that's the hard part. :D
heres a thought, when was the last time we actually had a lead?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n36549 said:
IDAHO - W
EASTERN MICHIGAN - WKENTUCKY - W
at Alabama - Lat Tennessee - WLSU - L
MISSOURI - WGEORGIA - L
at Vanderbilt - WSOUTH CAROLINA - L
EASTERN KENTUCKY - Wat Florida State - L
7-5. Pure mediocrity, yet Duncechamp will be allowed to stay since we will 'be heading in the right direction' with a three win improvement over last year.:facepalm:

I dont see any way he stays if that happens. I see only 1 scenario less than 9 wins where he stays. He's gone with 8 wins unless its an 8 win season with a convincing win over UGA and steady improvement throughout the season, even in the losses. Just cant imagine anything less being allowed because if we beat who we are supposed to and end up with 8 wins including UGA, that means we lost to bama, lsu, sc and fsu. So other than uga who may not be very good, we have lost to every decent team on the schedule. Even foley would have to pause over that, and anything less than that just can't be allowed.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we could be anywhere from 8-4 to 11-1 regular season. My gut tells me that even if we beat Bama and FSU, we'll probably drop 2 along the way. I know that disappointment is the difference between expectations and reality, so I'll say...

9-3

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have to win at least 8 games and with some luck 9 or 10 games. We will see. I am excited to see the new offense and really hope we open it up and score some points to show we are not afraid to do so. We have some great running backs but is our O-line gonna be able to consistently open up holes for them which they haven't been very good at the last few years. Go Gators!!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen us play or any other team, so pure speculation. 10-2 with losses to Alabama and FSU. I think Alabama is suspect and that game along with FSU could go either way. Mid season I may change my outlook!

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No point in guessing this year, we're not working with much knowledge on the offense as fans. I hope for 9 wins, 8 is a more realistic goal.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
No idea. Could be 4-8, could be 9-3. Should be an interesting ride.
Meh...after 4-8....we will look much better on offense or we have a new HC.

Personally, I expect to do much better on offense...not sure if it gets us past 8-4 or 9-3. but with the lack of a rap sheet I am happy to say I am an alum of UofF. Eff Meyer and his crooks.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:

I still think Champ keeps his job with 9-3. I also think Bama, FSU and UGA all end up top 5.
Very well could be true. Not a stretch of a prediction. Solid.

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
I say Florida goes 9-3 with losses to Alabama and Florida State and a split between LSU and Georgia (not sure which). I can see this team going 10-2 with a few breaks. I can also see it going 7-5 (or maybe worse) with an injury or two on the offensive line.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator said:
IDAHO - W
EASTERN MICHIGAN - W
KENTUCKY - W
at Alabama - L
at Tennessee - W
LSU - L
MISSOURI - W
GEORGIA - L
at Vanderbilt - W
SOUTH CAROLINA - L
EASTERN KENTUCKY - W
at Florida State - L

7-5. Pure mediocrity, yet Duncechamp will be allowed to stay since we will 'be heading in the right direction' with a three win improvement over last year.:facepalm:
How do you feel about your SC pick now? Just asking, not trying to start sh!t.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still think 9-3 probably but it does look like my SC loss prediction may not come to pass after watching last night.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:

Looks even more realistic after watching USC play last night!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp;n37293 said:
I say Florida goes 9-3 with losses to Alabama and Florida State and a split between LSU and Georgia (not sure which). I can see this team going 10-2 with a few breaks. I can also see it going 7-5 (or maybe worse) with an injury or two on the offensive line.

I picked 9/3 several months ago but I'm starting to feel better about our chances to win 10.
Will know more about 9 tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.