***Official Basketball Game Thread - Florida vs UNF***

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad we're working out the bugs Winning... the real deals are coming. Go Gators!

S63.png

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Enjoyable game, some issues with FTs, and we seem to be too likely to shoot the three for my tastes.

Very deep against this competition, Gak looked much improved (not surprised there). Freshmen looked very good especially shooting against pretty good defense.

Still have difficulty dealing with zone defenses other than shooting over it.

All in all a great game and start of the season. Tournament will tell a lot, there are many good teams in our bracket.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
By strange – what I mean is that at times they just jumped straight over their back. Which is just undisciplined. I coach 10 -year-olds to not do that.

You might see it once or twice a game. But it seem to happen repeatedly in this game. Not called all the time. But it happened a lot pop.

I see. BTW, I am very impressed if you can get 10 year olds not to go over the back. It is often the first instinct of players new to the game.

I do agree it was undisciplined. I wonder if White really lit into them about rebounding effort in the first game and the players reacted by fighting through people for every rebound?

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Enjoyable game, some issues with FTs, and we seem to be too likely to shoot the three for my tastes.

Very deep against this competition, Gak looked much improved (not surprised there). Freshmen looked very good especially shooting against pretty good defense.

Still have difficulty dealing with zone defenses other than shooting over it.

All in all a great game and start of the season. Tournament will tell a lot, there are many good teams in our bracket.
Gak had a stretch there in the last 10 min where he looked pretty good. Powered inside, baby hook, hit free throws.

Really liking the team so far, but like you said the penchant for tossing up threes and inconsistency at the FT line are somewhat concerning. 13 of 20 from the line ain't good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see. BTW, I am very impressed if you can get 10 year olds not to go over the back. It is often the first instinct of players new to the game.

I do agree it was undisciplined. I wonder if White really lit into them about rebounding effort in the first game and the players reacted by fighting through people for every rebound?

The hardest thing for me to teach young kids is to not reach on defense.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The hardest thing for me to teach young kids is to not reach on defense.

Yeah, I bet. That too is a natural instinct of guys new to the game and of course whenever you move up a level you are a bit behind the speed and reach too much too.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Back to back 100 point games. That's offensive fire power no matter who you're playing. These Gators can score. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator