***Official "Complain About 18-22 Year Old Amateur Athletes Not Fulfilling My Expectations" Thread

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
What about those who did? Could u define what level amounted to is?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Why back in my day...

TellAll-BrokenMan-03132017.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not blaming the players at all Sas, even Hill, but when the coach ****s the second half away against Whisky, and gets bailed out by a miracle play that he didn't draw up, then has a 7 point lead with the chance to put the foot on the neck of a known opponent and pisses that game away as well, he should be held accountable and not be given the excuse that he is 'learning on the job', you 'learn' at a mid-major like La Tech, not in the SEC. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he can't figure out how to beat Vanderbilt yet. It still remains that if his daddy wasn't at Dook and buddy buddy with Foley, White wouldn't have even got interviewed for the UF job. He won 101 games at LT and didn't make the dance one time, meaning he is a choker when the pressure of tournament play is applied.

I hope to choke on crow, trust me, but the nice guy image doesn't win you jack **** in college basketball, just like the purdy kewl cornpone gets old in football.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not blaming the players at all Sas, even Hill, but when the coach ****s the second half away against Whisky, and gets bailed out by a miracle play that he didn't draw up, then has a 7 point lead with the chance to put the foot on the neck of a known opponent and pisses that game away as well, he should be held accountable and not be given the excuse that he is 'learning on the job', you 'learn' at a mid-major like La Tech, not in the SEC. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he can't figure out how to beat Vanderbilt yet. It still remains that if his daddy wasn't at Dook and buddy buddy with Foley, White wouldn't have even got interviewed for the UF job. He won 101 games at LT and didn't make the dance one time, meaning he is a choker when the pressure of tournament play is applied.

I hope to choke on crow, trust me, but the nice guy image doesn't win you jack **** in college basketball, just like the purdy kewl cornpone gets old in football.
i hope you're drunk

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

He just made the Elite 8 in his first ever tournament as a coach, two years removed from a losing season with many of the same players who suited up today. And I guarantee you he set up the game winning play against Wisconsin. Those type of plays don't happen by accident. They practiced that countless times during the year, guarantee it. Cheese made it happen, but White had it set up. I agree he mishandled the second half today, especially by not going to zone defense, but let's also remember Billy D's struggles in the tournament for many of the years before he finally won it. He had on the job training here and turned out spectacular for us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mods need to change the thread title to "The Holier Than Thou Thread by Douchenozzle".

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And what did Billy D inherit? A program Lon quit on after the 1994 Final Four run. While White inherited one with four extra Final Four banners, and two titles, in the rafters. No comparison at all between the two to be made, outside that they both started at mid-majors. Billy did play in a Final Four as a player and coached under a HOF coach in Pitino too. White played and coached at Old Piss.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mods need to change the thread title to "The Holier Than Thou Thread by Douchenozzle".
Common denominator in the people who complain the loudest. I call 'em like I see 'em.

And what did Billy D inherit? A program Lon quit on after the 1994 Final Four run. While White inherited one with four extra Final Four banners, and two titles, in the rafters. No comparison at all between the two to be made, outside that they both started at mid-majors. Billy did play in a Final Four as a player and coached under a HOF coach in Pitino too. White played and coached at Old Piss.
He inherited a mess of transfers who had a losing record the year before and were completely lost. Billy's head wasn't in it after losing in the Final 4 in '14, and this program almost sank. White rescued it this year with a lot of the same kids who were so bad two years ago. You don't go from losing season to a game away from the Final 4 in two seasons by accident, you just don't.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Interesting pov. Did coach tell his player to hang on the rim costing two points? Tell Barry to step out of bounds costing an offensive possession? Cheese to elbow a player in the middle of the court costing another offensive possession? To miss so many three point attempts in the second half?

Now zone D has caused massive issues for our team with our previous coach as well as this one.
How about giving some credit to SC?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Where's the "Official Complain about anonymous posters' opinions on a message board" thread?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting pov. Did coach tell his player to hang on the rim costing two points? Tell Barry to step out of bounds costing an offensive possession? Cheese to elbow a player in the middle of the court costing another offensive possession? To miss so many three point attempts in the second half?

Now zone D has caused massive issues for our team with our previous coach as well as this one.
How about giving some credit to SC?

SC played well and beat a 2,3, and 4 to get there, although being a 7 seed and having a home court advantage 100 miles from campus didn't hurt them in the first two games, although Duke is hated everywhere. SC will beat Gonzaga, but they will get the absolute dog **** beat out of them if they get UNC in the final. They better hope Oregon beats them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I'm a bottom line guy. White got us to within a win of being one of the last four teams in the season-ending tournament. What would the football equivalent be? Finishing ranked fifth in his second season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.