***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida 88, Jacksonville 47

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida will take on Jacksonville on the road tomorrow night at 7 PM. The game is not televised, but should be streamed via audio on Gatorvision. I will try and provide updates as the game goes on.

Posted starting lineup:

Chiozza
Allen
Egor
Stone
Hayes

Notes: Gak on a minutes limit. Johnson is still out with a concussion. Defense has been a problem as of late, especially transition defense in the closed scrimmage vs FGCU

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Basketball should be a feel good story this year if we can AVOID some injuries this year...........

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Defense doesn't matter when you are scoring 100 a game :grin:

Just kidding. I expect White to get these guys playing elite D just like last night. I'm pumped for the season!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Preseason #8. Let's stay in the hunt all year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Some kind of knee injury. He played for Australia this summer so he is probably a bit worn down too.
Basically this. His knee swelled up at the end of the games and has been out a while since. Just started back up last week so he should be back to fullbgonall the time by the season or close. For the exhibitions and scrimmages he will be limited though

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HM_Graphics_Armthrunetdunk.jpg

GO GATORS!!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Basketball!!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Here is an excerpt of an article I saw the other day:

Norlander CBSSports said:
Putting the 16 teams that have a realistic shot at the NCAA Tournament title into tiers
We're guaranteeing this year's champion will come from this list
by Matt Norlander

Dark horses
-- Dark horses are labeled as such because they're not being put in the national championship conversation even though they've all got the coaching and veteran presence to win six straight in March

Florida Gators
Breakdown: Key to note that the dark-horse category, for our purposes here, is for a few teams that haven't been, and mostly won't be, discussed in the preseason as national championship-caliber despite being nearly universally regarded as top-20 squads this season. Florida, which we have ranked all the way up at No. 9, qualifies. Which is a bit odd, given that the Gators were crazy close to going to the Final Four last season. Chris Chiozza, responsible for one of the most famous shots in Gator history, is back -- alongside his super-talented teammate KeVaughn Allen. Florida is going to have the defense necessary to give it a tremendous shot at making the Final Four. Once big man John Egbunu comes back from injury a few weeks into the season Florida can click into a stalwart of defense. What's interesting about this team is how good it is even after losing Devin Robinson to the NBA Draft. Mike White has adapted with a quickness to keeping UF as a top-25 national program.

Stat to know: White, 40, has won 70 percent of his games in six seasons between Louisiana Tech and Florida. He played at Ole Miss and was an assistant in a few spots along the way. He never was a part of an NCAA Tournament game until last March.

Here is a link to the whole much longer article:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...shot-at-the-ncaa-tournament-title-into-tiers/

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should have a 24 win team. Have to see how this team gels and figures out things early in the season. Can't wait! Go Gators!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team has the potential to be very good. There is nothing I would like more than to drive one hour to San Antonio to see the Gators in the Final Four!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Should have a 24 win team. Have to see how this team gels and figures out things early in the season. Can't wait! Go Gators!!

I usually go through the season and predict wins and losses just so I have a measuring stick as the season unfolds. I wonder if I did that in the off season thread this year?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Injury Notes

Egbunu- knee, Out until January
Stokes- knee, Out until January/possible redshirt
Gak- swollen knee, limited min at the moment
Stone- rolled ankle but probable tonight
Johnson- concussion, still questionable

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Please excuse me if I am slow to get excited about the basketball season.

I am still mourning the fact that I let my season tickets go after 36 years (I was a really young guy in 1981).

Between the fact that the cost nearly tripled and that they moved me out of the 3rd row (so some fat cat, johnny come lately, big money booster could have them) I just couldn't justify the investment any more.

I obviously will continue to be a rabid fan but just dealing with a little separation anxiety. Maybe someday I will jump back in........

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Please excuse me if I am slow to get excited about the basketball season.

I am still mourning the fact that I let my season tickets go after 36 years (I was a really young guy in 1981).

Between the fact that the cost nearly tripled and that they moved me out of the 3rd row (so some fat cat, johnny come lately, big money booster could have them) I just couldn't justify the investment any more.

I obviously will continue to be a rabid fan but just dealing with a little separation anxiety. Maybe someday I will jump back in........

Wow, I am really of two minds about this:

1. I think it is terrible they did this to you.

2. I am encouraged that there is enough interest in the program that they are both able to raise the price so much and they are still moving you out of your seats.

So I am very happy you are not letting this ticket issue affect your fandom too much, but I certainly understand you feeling about your treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator