***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Georgia

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UF would be crazy to waste a year of Stokes eligibility now. Maybe if Johnson is suddenly cleared he could contribute a few minutes. Still UF is basically the team it will be this year.
How do you miss 2 months on a concussion protocol? It doesn't make any sense. It seems like for whatever reason they are intent on calling this season a wash and leaving Johnson and Stokes on the bench for good.

I actually feel bad for Cheese. He's playing his heart out as a senior and should be playing with one of the most talented teams in the country with a legitimate shot at the final four. Instead he sees 3 giants still sitting on the bench with the season now literally 70% complete. And his starting guard teammate pre-season all SEC player for some inexplicable reason has forgotten how to play basketball. Allen doesn't even look the same moving without the ball let alone dribbling, driving or shooting.

But with zero help for Hayes inside coupled with Allen's bizarre regression, the addition of key players like Hudson and Egor along with the rest of the deep rotation still isn't enough to make this any more than a mediocre team in a competitive but mediocre conference.

Really disappointing when you look at what this team could be vs the reality of what it is.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Two comments;

1. I mentioned before the game that we never know if we are going to get Jekyll or Hyde..........well it is clear we got Mr. Hyde.

2. White has now lost to FSU, SCar, and UGA in the same season with Tennessee on the horizon. We fire football coaches that do this.......

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Uga’s b-ball coach has been there 9 years? Talk about getting paid for mediocre. :eek3:

Maybe you are perceiving the wrong coach as mediocre. Fox doesn't have anywhere near the talent White has.

You can add Mark Fox to the list of coaches that have beaten UF with an inferior roster. The list is getting longer

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Maybe you are perceiving the wrong coach as mediocre. Fox doesn't have anywhere near the talent White has.

You can add Mark Fox to the list of coaches that have beaten UF with an inferior roster. The list is getting longer

A guy makes the NCAA tourney twice in 9 years as head coach and that is your reply?

tumblr_ljymk3NbWP1qzado8o1_500.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A guy makes the NCAA tourney twice in 9 years as head coach and that is your reply?

tumblr_ljymk3NbWP1qzado8o1_500.gif

My comment was that we can evaluate/denigrate Fox's performance at UGA if you like but all I know is that he just beat us with a roster that is a joke compared to ours.

Yes, he has only made 2 tournaments in nine years:

1. Who cares how UGA is doing
2. If you insist, take a look at UGA's basketball history and you will see that Fox has outperformed the last 2-3 coaches they have had.
3. Who cares how UGA is doing
4. He just beat us with an vastly inferior roster
5. Who cares how UGA is doing

Yes, that is my reply.............Are you getting the pots ready?

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
My comment was that we can evaluate/denigrate Fox's performance at UGA if you like but all I know is that he just beat us with a roster that is a joke compared to ours.

Yes, he has only made 2 tournaments in nine years:

1. Who cares how UGA is doing
2. If you insist, take a look at UGA's basketball history and you will see that Fox has outperformed the last 2-3 coaches they have had.
3. Who cares how UGA is doing
4. He just beat us with an vastly inferior roster
5. Who cares how UGA is doing

Yes, that is my reply.............Are you getting the pots ready?
A thousand likes. One of my all-time favorite rebuttals. Well played, sir.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So did we name an interm coach yet? We usually go off the deep end and fire White with every loss but remain silent when we WIN...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Golden State Warriors TRASHED 129-99 on the road @ Utah who has a losing record. Durant and Curry shot horribly and 1-12 from 3 point range. According to our logic here when we lose, Steve Kerr fired and Durant and Curry traded away. Warriors a horrible team and just can't win anything...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not surprised by the road loss as we are an average team and UGA is below average, so that is going to happen. And yes we are a 3 pt. shooting team and I understand that. but the easy excuse for Mike and this team is "we make 3's we win", " we miss 3's we lose". but to me it is not that simple. I understand there will be great shooting games and off shooting games. I never judge the numbers, I judge the shot selection. I thought last nite we took a ton of horrendous shots. I never blame Mike for missed shots, but we all have to accept that half court offensive schemes and sets are not Mike's strengths. We are a 1 pass and shoot team or a NO pass and shoot team. If the shot is not there after one pass, we reset and try another one pass option. We do not run a continual offense that flows where the next pass is the one that sets up a good look.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Not surprised by the road loss as we are an average team and UGA is below average, so that is going to happen. And yes we are a 3 pt. shooting team and I understand that. but the easy excuse for Mike and this team is "we make 3's we win", " we miss 3's we lose". but to me it is not that simple. I understand there will be great shooting games and off shooting games. I never judge the numbers, I judge the shot selection. I thought last nite we took a ton of horrendous shots. I never blame Mike for missed shots, but we all have to accept that half court offensive schemes and sets are not Mike's strengths. We are a 1 pass and shoot team or a NO pass and shoot team. If the shot is not there after one pass, we reset and try another one pass option. We do not run a continual offense that flows where the next pass is the one that sets up a good look.
White said there were only 3 or 4 shots he would like back........

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
White said there were only 3 or 4 shots he would like back........

Well outside of the shots at the end of the game when the result had already been decided, either Mike and I were watching a different game or his definition of a good shot and my definition of a good shot are different things. That is fine.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So did we name an interm coach yet? We usually go off the deep end and fire White with every loss but remain silent when we WIN...

Not sure who you are referring to........I have never suggested that we need to move on White. Instead, I am pointing out that, much like Donovan did during his first few seasons, White needs additional seasoning before we can truly evaluate his ability as a game coach.

- He appears to be a solid recruiter
- He seems to have strong organizational skills (not surprising given his family's background)
- He seems to have solid relationships/communication with his players

- He appears to need more time to adjust in-game to include substitution patterns
- I still believe that he needs to be more demonstrative on the sidelines.

I believe that these are legitimate areas of improvement that appear to be well within his abilities versus any call to action on his status.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
To me it's seems obvious that we aren't playing to our strengths and in fact playing to our weakness by slowing down and playing a halfcourt game. We suck inside offensively and defensively, clearly a team weakness.
But we have a deep rotation of athletic guys who can run, we shoot well from 3 and shoot one of the highest FT percentage in the SEC. We should be playing as fast as possible even if it means more turn overs because it will play to our strengths if we run them into the ground, get stop and pop 3's or get to the hoop for quick 2's or to the free throw line before they are able to set their bigs under the hoop.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two comments;

1. I mentioned before the game that we never know if we are going to get Jekyll or Hyde..........well it is clear we got Mr. Hyde.

2. White has now lost to FSU, SCar, and UGA in the same season with Tennessee on the horizon. We fire football coaches that do this.......
1. Agreed. Roller Coaster season as I said in post #3.

2. FSU: 16-6 (5-5), SCar: 13-9 (4-5) & UGA: 13-8 (4-5) ALL inferior teams. With 9 games to play, we'll go 3-6.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
1. Agreed. Roller Coaster season as I said in post #3.

2. FSU: 16-6 (5-5), SCar: 13-9 (4-5) & UGA: 13-8 (4-5) ALL inferior teams. With 9 games to play, we'll go 3-6.
3-6 would be bad. I think we need to go 4-5 at worst and I think we will go 6-3 if we get some bigs back

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator