***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Mississippi

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Need to get some big men back asap. Not sure why Johnson and Stokes can practice but not play.. unless they are holding them for a redshirt which is stupid. Under normal progression both could be back next week or the following at the latest. We will see though

At this point I would probably redshirt Stokes and give Eggy some Bama deer antler spray to get him back ASAP. Can't help to wonder our record with Eggy healthy this year.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
At this point I would probably redshirt Stokes and give Eggy some Bama deer antler spray to get him back ASAP. Can't help to wonder our record with Eggy healthy this year.
Yeah, I'm not sure if we would have lost a game if we were 100% healthy. Maybe the FSU one

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still, 17 games in, this looks like a pick-up squad, aimlessly stumbling around the court. Zero training our guys at getting inside scoring, too little execution at getting rebound position, zero shooters waiting for teammates to establish rebound position. I don't like this team's "personality" and it's very late to expect a good one to show up.

It's good that Stone is developing, but he should be doing that within the protective shell of high-scoring by Egor, Hudson, Allen. Does White know how to use Hayes at all? This is an extremely odd team, odd coaching. Doesn't inspire hope down the road.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Disappointing loss. Need some serious gut checks. These second half collapses are way too common.

Go Gators!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Typical Lee roller coaster and White HATEFEST during the basketball games...
I was right there with LF3 for much of the game - ask my wife and 8 year old son (I had much more passion than I saw at any time from coach White). A lot of standing around vs the zone defense. Stone was the only active player today I saw fighting for the whole game. While Hayes was elbowed to the ground twice, he can't be a paper doll out there if wants to even sniff playing at the next level............................overseas. We may have won this game if Egbunu was healthy (schooled on the boards, mostly in the second half, and Stevens having his way with Hayes), despite the home cooking that was quite evident for much of the contest.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm not sure if we would have lost a game if we were 100% healthy. Maybe the FSU one

We are down to the # 42 RPI right now. The index doesn't have Gonzaga as that good of a team. I just hope we make the tournament.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We are down to the # 42 RPI right now. The index doesn't have Gonzaga as that good of a team. I just hope we make the tournament.
We should easily. Most have us between a 4-7 seed now and if we get our players back and play much better the committee has to take into account who we were missing on our losses. If we get anywhere close to 20 wins we should be in imo.Gonzaga and Cincy will be great wins as they keep winning in their conferences. Missouri and A&M are as well. We are like 2 of a few teams with 3+ great top 25 caliber wins right now. As we play SEC games our SOS will climb to top 15 as well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
To me the biggest issue was giving up a 47 point second half. UF can not continue to have second half defensive efforts like that.

This team needs to get the kind of on court leadership to sustain and build on a lead once they get it. If you get an 8 point lead and then Chiozza needs to make sure that UF responds rather than get a bad shot that leads to them going on a run.

All of this said, if the officials can just get the charge call on Keith Stone with :56 left in the game, it is a 2 point game and UF might well have pulled it out. I think you need to play around poor officiating, but that was pathetic officiating.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody put Kevaughn on a milk carton, my goodness. Talk about disappearing, guy hasn’t impacted a game in a month.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Cheese missed a layup he makes 99 out of 10 times. Hayes then miss handles the rebound. On replay i thought Hayes was fouled before even jumping and then fouled again while in the air. Sheesh...

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The refs were horrible. Both Cheese and Igor missed important late game looks that they usually make. We lost this one all on our own. This team lacks toughness inside without their bigs. Cheese and Igor and Hudson failed to bail us out with their shooting. Stone was a monster. Can't wait til there is some more size and girth in the paint to help free up even more scoring for Stone. We have some good chess pieces. Can we put together a game plan that propels us deep into the Tourney? We'll see. I like our guys. I like our chances. But not without some more centers and forwards.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I can't watch anymore doctors orders. This team raises my blood pressure way high. I feel so happy at half time every game then smash my fist in frustration in the end. I've never been so disappointed .. we have way too much talent to be this bad. White better figure it out or I'm calling for his firing. I don't want to hear the excuses that we don't have a big guy or injuries all other teams deal with this....

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I can't watch anymore doctors orders. This team raises my blood pressure way high. I feel so happy at half time every game then smash my fist in frustration in the end. I've never been so disappointed .. we have way too much talent to be this bad. White better figure it out or I'm calling for his firing. I don't want to hear the excuses that we don't have a big guy or injuries all other teams deal with this....

Cool story, bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb