***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Missouri

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
On Hudson’s three, his foot was hit on the follow through and his body was turned after the shot but while he was in the air. It’s not the strongest foul but it is a foul. On the Tillman foul out, he didn’t hold his position - he leaned into Cheez which knocked him off balance. Again, you see worse things go uncalled but it was a foul. And it’s not like Florida didn’t get whistled for some “touch” fouls. At the end of the day, any time the zebras are calling ticky tack stuff it’s easy to find questionable calls.

As was mentioned earlier by others, mizzou was mugging UF inside with no fouls called. Both sides could complain about the refs. seth davis can pound sand.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Sometimes you just have to grind out an ugly one. We didn’t play well...on the road...against a fired up team and crowd.....but we simply got it done. Team didn’t quit. White is building a culture here. Really enjoyed getting this one.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Break me out a plate of crow. 3-0 start to conference play when we looked like an absolute dumpster fire. Nice.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Been fighting with Quicken tech support all day. Saw one play of the game. The last one. Think I will start a new tradition.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
For the gambling folks that had the Gators covering, congrats! Gators were 1.5 point favorites and covered in one of the most dramatic ways imaginable.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Great road win and I do not think we even played that well. I kept thinking the entire game that if we were just better at some simple things that we could be in control of the game. But winning on the road in conference is huge. Great play at the end by Cheese and good for him as I thought he played a poor floor game for the most part. But the team did keep battling the entire day even thru their shortcomings. The big obvious concern I see right now is did Allen play? I mean seriously, if Allen does not score a lot of points you do not even notice him. He does not do anything positive to help the team unless he is scoring. I do not mean to rag on him but he is not a facilitator, he does not play great D, he does not rebound a ton. I say this b/c he is totally invisible when on the court and I think it might become a big issue later on both on the court and off if he is not able to contribute in different ways. But for today that was a very big W.

I think UF was fortunate to win. On the other hand time after time Missouri got the ball out of bounds with 4 or 5 seconds left on the shot clock and slopped in a 3 against solid UF D or in one case a 2 when the kid did not know the time on the shot clock. Take away 8 or so points there and UF has a comfortable margin down the stretch MAYBE. That is the problem going back and analyzing one play or another, bad calls, lucky shots etc happen on both sides.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
As Mizzou inbounded the ball on that last play I was flashing back to Cheez' buzzerbeater against Wisky in the tournament last season. Was hoping we'd get the ball back with maybe enough time for him to have a run at another one, but this worked out just fine.

Mick sounded like he was going to hyperventilate!

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
AWESOME Finish! Great steal and score CHEESE!
we may have 'stole' this one but that is the mark of a good team -- finding a way to win
shooting was off today: 44% overall / 36% from 3 / 68% FTs
we held our own in rebounding 30 to their 32 --- will be glad to get the missing BIGs back
13 Assists is a little low but only 6 TO's
Great win......GO GATORS! (3-0 in SEC)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes you just have to grind out an ugly one. We didn’t play well...on the road...against a fired up team and crowd.....but we simply got it done. Team didn’t quit. White is building a culture here. Really enjoyed getting this one.

He's done a great job without a doubt. I'd say in deference to his predecessor that he's adding to an already good culture.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tough to win when you are having an off shooting night and you can't score in the paint. Great job pulling it out.

We'll be a different team in February when Eggie is back.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Cheez has been our best player all year. Hudson was amazing early on and today got us back in the game at the end. The big from Live Oak has improved greatly over the last 3 games. Gak made an amazing block near the end of the game. He was up a mile. If Egor was 6 10 we would have a final four team. He is a big guy in a small guys body. IF EGBUNU can can come back soon and play like he did inside like last year we are gonna have fun watching them play.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
BTW, did everyone see the shot LSU slopped in to beat aTm. They are snake bit right now.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
3-0 start to the SEC slate is awesome considering 2 of the games were on the road. That’s why you don’t give up on a team in December when they’re in a rut

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mick on the call for the last play

I like Cheez, but he pulls a few head scratchers every game. But I want everyone to watch the video and check out Cheez wiping his shoes right before he breaks on the play. He had made up his mind before the pass that was thought about. And that is the nature of Cheez, peaks and valleys. Really like the he's taken over for Hill, but I'd like to see him cut down on the few preventable decisions and take his game to that next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.