***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Baylor

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Lee not much to say in the BLOWOUT. Go Gators!!
Lots of stuff. I'll recap after the game. I haven't been feeling well yesterday and today, so I kind of stayed quiet...but as I just mentioned, we have played about as great of a game as we could have. Coaching, scouting, and players

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 75-51 at the under 4 timeout. 14-26 3pters I believe. Everyone is playing their role to perfection today!!!!!
Apparently now it's the under 4 timeout lol. Florida is up 75-53 at the user 4 timeout. Hudson shot in 3 FTs

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
With Gak, Hayes, Stone and Igor on the floor at the same time we aren't so small.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Great all around game. Always some improvements to be had but hard to be very frustrated with anything we saw today.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Great all around game. Always some improvements to be had but hard to be very frustrated with anything we saw today.

Right, but White for some reason wants to go small at times. Early in the second half he did that and UF could not get a stop again.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 81-60!!!!! This may have been our best and most complete game of the year!!!!! Great game plan and executed perfectly. We packed the paint to slow down tier bigs and closed out on their 3pt sbooters. We attacked the paint moved the ball and passed to the open man attacking the zone. Played with fire and heart. It was the attacking confidence on both ends of the court that I have been waiting to see. Everyone contributed!!!!! That is us!!!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Great bounce back win over a decent squad. I’m hopeful this week’s loss to SC will be like last year’s loss to Vandy, and propel us for the rest of the season. Go Gators!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TOTAL DOMINATION and BLOWOUT by the Gators!! White not fired just yet much to the chagrin of the Haters and Complainers. MASTERFUL coaching by Coach White in ANOTHER Gators WIN!! Haters and Complainers OWNED and DESTROYED!! Go Gators!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait. Is anyone else tired of hearing Dick Vitale speak of his great charitable fund pleas.
When trying to raise money for burial costs for shooting victims he said: "C'mon, parents help with burial costs. It could be your kids one day." . Very smart charitable man?

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How good is Baylor? They're 9th in Big 12 (12-9); UF is 2nd in the SEC (15-6). Still, hitting our high % on 3s would put us winning against Top 10 teams. Go Gators ... don't revert to sloppy game losses that keep convincing evaluators that we ain't such a good team.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Baylor was a top 10 team early in the year but have been sliding ever since. We were ONLY favored by 7 cause of their tough inside guys and their big time scoring PG who we held to 10 points. We CRUSHED them by 21 so HUGE WIN. We were tougher inside vs them. ALLLL COACHING by MIKE WHITE!! Where are you Haters at now today??!!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
How good is Baylor? They're 9th in Big 12 (12-9); UF is 2nd in the SEC (15-6). Still, hitting our high % on 3s would put us winning against Top 10 teams. Go Gators ... don't revert to sloppy game losses that keep convincing evaluators that we ain't such a good team.
Doesn't matter how good they are. They were bigger than us and we suck vs big teams

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter today BORN, Baylor TRASHED by the "smaller" Gators today by 21 points!! We missed you in the chat box bro! LoL

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just got home from the game and it was over early thanx to great shooting from behind the arc. The team appeared to try and get more player movement on offense and Mike was screaming "move" quite a bit during the game, but when you make shots like they did it almost does not matter. I will say that Baylor is not a good team and no where near a tourney team. I know they were ranked at one time earlier in the year, but I have to think that was based on name alone and their success the past few years. But this was not the same Baylor team. But Baylor certainly looks the part physically. They have 2 guys that look about 7'3" with long arms but both weigh about 110 lbs. soaking wet. They had 2 other big guys who were very thick, but none of their big guys have very good basketball skills. They had 2 guys that I saw who had decent basketball skills, and their other guys are just guys. But they look like a great team dressed in warmups. Be that as it may, UF played well and rebounded well enough so that BU did not get easy put backs. I think rebounding was the big concern going in b/c Baylor can't shoot well enough to win games without getting 2nd and 3rd chances.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Just got home from the game and it was over early thanx to great shooting from behind the arc. The team appeared to try and get more player movement on offense and Mike was screaming "move" quite a bit during the game, but when you make shots like they did it almost does not matter. I will say that Baylor is not a good team and no where near a tourney team. I know they were ranked at one time earlier in the year, but I have to think that was based on name alone and their success the past few years. But this was not the same Baylor team. But Baylor certainly looks the part physically. They have 2 guys that look about 7'3" with long arms but both weigh about 110 lbs. soaking wet. They had 2 other big guys who were very thick, but none of their big guys have very good basketball skills. They had 2 guys that I saw who had decent basketball skills, and their other guys are just guys. But they look like a great team dressed in warmups. Be that as it may, UF played well and rebounded well enough so that BU did not get easy put backs. I think rebounding was the big concern going in b/c Baylor can't shoot well enough to win games without getting 2nd and 3rd chances.

In KenPom Baylor ranks 51 after the game. That puts them higher than 7 SEC teams,

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think White like all coaches wants Allen to become another Hudson. In principle there is no reason that Allen should not be able to play like Hudson in the second half of the game today. That is there is no reason Allen should not be able to take the ball pull up from 3 if his defender backs off or if his defender crowds him drive past him for a layup or disk. If you have two guys like that, you really put pressure on an opponent.

Allen is every bit as athletic as Hudson and a better defender. Unfortunately, Allen just does not have the mindset and mindset is a pretty important part of a player too. And when a coach tries to coach someone out of their mindset, sometimes it takes time.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In KenPom Baylor ranks 51 after the game. That puts them higher than 7 SEC teams,

I understand the 51st ranking, but I have to think it is b/c they have numerous teams ranked fairly high from that conference, which is a good conference and a lot more top heavy than the SEC. The SEC is very competitive, but with a lot of evenly matched average teams, thus giving them 7 teams ranked below 51. Big 12 is more top heavy. I am not taking anything away from today's game, I just observed with my 2 eyes that I don't think BU is is anything more than average on its best day, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator