***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Baylor

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Woke up this morning about 5am and had nothing going on today so decided to call my son and see if he wanted to make an impromptu drive to Gville for the game. Of course, he was all in. 4 hours later we’re in town eating Larry’s subs and buying more Gator gear we don’t need. Headed over to the O’Dome and enjoyed a great game.

Now it’s all about the Salty Dawg, Swamp and The Social for a day of well deserved adult beverages.

Nice way to spend a Saturday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Woke up this morning about 5am and had nothing going on today so decided to call my son and see if he wanted to make an impromptu drive to Gville for the game. Of course, he was all in. 4 hours later we’re in town eating Larry’s subs and buying more Gator gear we don’t need. Headed over to the O’Dome and enjoyed a great game.

Now it’s all about the Salty Dawg, Swamp and The Social for a day of well deserved adult beverages.

Nice way to spend a Saturday.

Sounds like a great day Marine, but Larry's over Hogan's? Oh well to each his own, LOL. Too bad the afternoon can't be the Porpoise and original CJ's but time marches on!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Sounds like a great day Marine, but Larry's over Hogan's? Oh well to each his own, LOL. Too bad the afternoon can't be the Porpoise and original CJ's but time marches on!

My entire family is obsessed with Larry’s Subs. Not sure why but we get one every trip.

Always preferred the Salty Dog over Purple Porpoise but I have to admit I do like the new Social. Food is good and like the rooftop bar on a good day.

Now CJ’s is another story. Had some absolute legendary times there. Miss that place!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My entire family is obsessed with Larry’s Subs. Not sure why but we get one every trip.

Always preferred the Salty Dog over Purple Porpoise but I have to admit I do like the new Social. Food is good and like the rooftop bar on a good day.

Now CJ’s is another story. Had some absolute legendary times there. Miss that place!

Well you are taking one for the team at Larry's. I like the Salty Dog as well and admit that the Social does have good food as far as sports establishments go. And the scenery at the Social is usually A-1. And for any of us who went to school at UF in the day, we all probably have a legendary story or 2 or 3 from CJ's!!!! Safe travels.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hogans is the real deal but driving four hours to watch the game today proves real gatorhood. We need more fans like you.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hogans is the real deal but driving four hours to watch the game today proves real gatorhood. We need more fans like you.

I am a big sandwich guy. I have eaten at Larry's Giant on trips to Jacksonville and Charleston. I guess I need to try Hogan's my next trip to Gainesville.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Great win!
Better movement on Offense.
Only grabbed 3 O rebounds --- gave up 11.
HOT 3pt shooting won the day: 56% WOW!
FT's were a horrible 59%.

Hopefully we keep improving and hit our stride in March.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't home to watch the game but I was able to listen to Mick, sounds like our boys were locked in today!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good win. Poor FT games will happen, but surprising considering this team is pretty good at the line. Glad they shot well to cover that up. Go Gators...keep winning.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I am wondering where all the Haters and Complainers are at today after today's WIN?? Ya'll were EVERYWHERE the other night when we lost to SC. Crickets, Crickets. Oh wait, that's right, we WON so you are SILENT cause now you can't Hate and Complain. GO GATORS!!

:chomp::chomp::chomp::chomp: GATORBAITER!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Agree. I always reference cases like this with miami fans who list their endless reasons for not having better attendance. Couldn’t tell you how many times we’ve done similar trips up for a game, sometimes returning that night. Awesome job by Marine today. As you said, every school needs more fans like that.

Btw, your Eagles/noles correlation comment in the other thread was garbage. Didn’t deserve it’s own reply, but wanted to let you know.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Is that Hogan's still there? What replaced Albertson's?
Big Lots. Albrertsons was my favorite store I lived minutes away from it.
Btw, your Eagles/noles correlation comment in the other thread was garbage. Didn’t deserve it’s own reply, but wanted to let you know.
I know, I was just hating on fsu and piling on Philly. btw I am a huge eagles fan next Sunday. My comment was like saying noles embraced the ideology of whatever group we hate today.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Is that Hogan's still there? What replaced Albertson's?

That is the only Hogan's in town, the original one on 13th. Been eating there since 1986. The most recent other one was on 34th and Williston and he sold it to a guy who worked for him and made him change the name. Called "Hero's" now. It's okay. The Albertson's has been turned into a Big Lots and a Plasma Center.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I didnt know about the one on 34th changing. The other one always made sure you knew they we were on 13th when you called ahead so you didnt go to the other one.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
That is the only Hogan's in town, the original one on 13th. Been eating there since 1986. The most recent other one was on 34th and Williston and he sold it to a guy who worked for him and made him change the name. Called "Hero's" now. It's okay. The Albertson's has been turned into a Big Lots and a Plasma Center.

We really do love Larry’s big Italian sub but the other reason we go there is because it’s on the same grid as the rest of our activities. When we run up for a game we usually stay at the Holiday Inn on University Ave and 13th St. We park the car and walk to midtown pregame, walk to the game, walk back to midtown...and then walk back to the hotel. Many adult beverages are consumed in this process so we don’t drive. Not to mention I am getting more like Mr. Wilson as I get older. Traffic pisses me off.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty, where were you at during this game?? Oh wait cause we WON

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
funny how a thread about a game we WON turns into a food thread