***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs New Hampshire

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The block is always better. If you don't block, but hope for a rebound you have given the initial shot a chance to score AND are taking your chances that you get the rebound. Which, if you don't get the rebound, you're in the same boat as a blocked shot that the other team recovers. At least with the block, you KNOW the first shot isn't going in. In either case, you have to play good defense on a second shot.

So right, TLB. Plus it fires up your mates and when that scorer starts altering his shots you benefit from a mental block. When an opponent drives on Hayes a teammate should always follow to be ready to catch the swat. It's "whole-team" thinking.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The block is always better. If you don't block, but hope for a rebound you have given the initial shot a chance to score AND are taking your chances that you get the rebound. Which, if you don't get the rebound, you're in the same boat as a blocked shot that the other team recovers. At least with the block, you KNOW the first shot isn't going in. In either case, you have to play good defense on a second shot.

This is not what many coaches will say. I will say the block may influence or cause doubt on future shots and that may be something old school coaches miss.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'm extremely proud of the fact that I've been following the Gator's BB exploits since the days of Neal Walk and Skip Higley, and still don't know a damned thing except that winning is good and losing sucks. But never letting ignorance get in the way of a good time, I'm happy to share my idiotic opinions with anyone who will listen: Last night was a slightly painful case of "off-night-it is" against a reasonably good, very disciplined team. As others more knowledgeable than I have already said, we are lucky that Hudson was so "on," thereby mitigating the fact that Egor was apparently playing on Vladivostok time and everyone else was sound asleep. Sometimes it be like dat. My insightful takeaway? Winning is still good, losing still sucks. You're welcome.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm extremely proud of the fact that I've been following the Gator's BB exploits since the days of Neal Walk and Skip Higley, and still don't know a damned thing except that winning is good and losing sucks.
A compatriot.........I was there. Andy Owens. Tony Miller. Tommy Bartlett. Walk was amazing. one year almost 27pts a game along with 19 rebounds. Years later Dan Boe. Larry Brewster. Scooter Houston. Loved those games in the Alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator