***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs. North Florida

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Huge bounceback WIN for the Gators! Great coaching by White to get these guys focused on an overmatched team. Credit White with being active on the sidelines and drawing up PERFECT offensive plays for our hot shooters Locke and Ballard. Our offense just worked to Perfection tonight and it was a great sight to see! Great to see Allen showing superior senior leadership and stuffing the stat sheet with 13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and ONLY 1 turnover. Neb with 9 assists. A lot to be positive about in a great win. Go Gators!!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
When Ballard was recruited people said he had all the skills. He looked lost last year. Good to see him having some solid offensive performances. We need some consistency.

I like that Nembhard doesn't really care about scoring. 11 assists, 0 turnovers, and only took 2 shots. However, I would like to see him score a bit more than that, but he's so far proving to be a good true PG. I like these freshman. Locke with 18 and Johnson with 11 points. They'll just keep getting better and better.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice win but I just can't get too excited about beating a Junior College Team.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I missed the game attending some HS Bball.
I made it back in time to see the 2nd half. Saw Ft White and Starke play some HS basketball. I had 5 kids
playing total on the two Starke teams. Refs were pretty good but let them play physical.
Gator game was fun but the competition was Idahoish. The Fr PG looked great. Hopefully, that 3pt shooting continues even against
good teams.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
While this is very nice, we still see the same old issues. Little to no inside game, only three point shooting to effect a zone defense, and somewhat a lack in effective defense both inside and against the three. We did not get enough turnovers from the traps and press. Still a lot of work to be done.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I made it back in time to see the 2nd half. Saw Ft White and Starke play some HS basketball. I had 5 kids
playing total on the two Starke teams. Refs were pretty good but let them play physical.
Gator game was fun but the competition was Idahoish. The Fr PG looked great. Hopefully, that 3pt shooting continues even against
good teams.

Cool.

I think it's great that you support those kids when they get to HS.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
While this is very nice, we still see the same old issues. Little to no inside game, only three point shooting to effect a zone defense, and somewhat a lack in effective defense both inside and against the three. We did not get enough turnovers from the traps and press. Still a lot of work to be done.
This (i hope i hope i hope) is one of those years that start slowly and builds to a solid team at the end. His words and actions lead me to believe he is working hard with them to buy into the tough def. all game. If he can play 9 or 10 all year it will work on the def side of the ball. If allen and hudson get their game back (shooting) we will do well. His problem is he cannot coach bigs that aint there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.