***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs South Carolina

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Four fouls on their two bigs for a while and neither fouls out! BULLSH@T!

My bad Silva had three
Doesn't matter. I knew the 3pters wouldn't stop once they started and we played slow half court ball most of the game. It's just terrible with the team imo. No inside game and playing slow hurts us. Not sure why we do it

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
It's a pain in the azz to have watch them play anyway, sets BB back 50 years.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
It's another home loss that we play half court and never really got the crowd into it. That's the most baffling part. We don't have the players to play slow

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
6-23 from 3. Getting tired of living and dying by the 3. It’s painful to watch at times.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not one to criticize the HC, but why was Egor at power forward so much? He was getting destroyed.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I wouldn't say that. Just got too many of the same players that we need to play to our stengths

Exactly. Poor use of talent. That concerns me. Maybe with a healthy roster, we’ll look a little more like last year. However I’d like to see smarter coaching.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
White needs to reel these guys in. The hero ball we play at times is maddening. You take an off balance 3, you take a seat on the bench. Need some accountability cuz it is very real that our shot selection is really poor a lot of nights.

We have way too much talent to lose to USC.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Exactly. Poor use of talent. That concerns me. Maybe with a healthy roster, we’ll look a little more like last year. However I’d like to see smarter coaching.
We will be fine in the end. Next year should be much better cause we will have bigs and maybe even Emmitt Williams. Our recruiting class has players that are a great compliment to each other unlike this team. We have the best passing pg in the class, the best shooter, and the player with the highest upside that I personally think is better now than UKs top 10 recruit that plays with him. Added we may still get top 10 Emmitt Williams for next year. Things are looking good. This year we just need to run and score until we get our bigs back. The biggest problem is we brought in Egor we already had 2 players exactly like him. We needed another PG imo

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
He has to be, also we lose a lot of smooth offense with Igor and Hayes having to do the heavy lifting inside.
He doesn't have to be imo. Hayes at PF and Gak, Bassett, hopefully next week Egbunu or Stokes at center. Should have seen 4 min here and there like this in games

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SC played "hero ball" tonight and it worked to PERFECTION. They couldn't miss a shot. It will be very interesting to see IF they are able to duplicate it again this season...

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The slow pace is maddening and they seem out of synch. Of course if they run fast they will have a 3 on 1 fast break and the person handling the ball will launch a 3 of the rim and the opponent gets the ball back quicker :(

I keep hoping the shooting will come back, but the mojo is missing right now.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
He doesn't have to be imo. Hayes at PF and Gak, Bassett, hopefully next week Egbunu or Stokes at center. Should have seen 4 min here and there like this in games
Somewhat, but Hayes is our stud. Igor is smart and salty enough to get key rebounds. Hopefully that changes if and when we get Egbunu and Stokes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator