***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Mike White sucks again

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
good one Jay. Im just saying White isnt suddenly awful. He does not have the right players where he needs them or the chemistry. Chemistry is why those 04s were so great. Took Billy a long time to hit that homerun
btw Im 63 and bet I can take you or damn sure whip you in horse..........or drop dead after 8 minutes of
one on one.................:)

I agree he isn’t awful but I also think comparing records of BD and White through their first two seasons means nothing. I like Coach White, he appears to be a great guy and somebody a university would be proud to have as a representative. I just think there are some red flags that have me concerned.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like coach White, but need more side-court fire & enthusiasm. Also, what about someone like Georgetown's John Thompson, a coach with height ? Someone who values big men, inside play. Wouldn't Smurfness be a no-no in basketball ?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who we gonna get? Please give me some realistic names. There's really not any good options anyhow. I was right about muschamp, i was right about mac and I'm right about white.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree he isn’t awful but I also think comparing records of BD and White through their first two seasons means nothing. I like Coach White, he appears to be a great guy and somebody a university would be proud to have as a representative. I just think there are some red flags that have me concerned.

My feelings exactly.
I too think White is a good young coach. A good young coach that still has a lot to learn about managing a big time program. I do believe that he will develop into the guy we need long term but the jury is still out at this point.

You absolutely CANNOT compare his performance early on to Billy's. If I had the time, I would list the roster Billy inherited compared to the one White inherited. White took us to the elite eight last year with a roster that was almost entirely inherited from Billy. White brought in Justin Leon and Gak.
Billy inherited Greg Stolt, Brian Williams, and Eddie Shannon and that is pretty much it. I doubt any of those three ever even played in Europe. White inherited loads of talent including two guys in the NBA (Doe Doe and Devin Robinson).

We enjoyed a true Hall of Fame coach for nearly two decades and now everybody wants to diminish his accomplishments as justification for an underperforming coach we have currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator