***Official Game Thread*** Florida at Mississippi St.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Losing Eggy hurts, but turning it over 15+ times is what's hurting us. Don't think Eggy being out has anything to do with it to be honest.

Yeah, the TO's have been ugly...but they're getting easy baskets in the paint too. Hopefully they win this and have a come to Jesus talk; they should have won this game by 8-12 points.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hayes was huge at the end. Gut check win boys! Just cut out the TOs and take better shots and it's not a game.

Losing Eggy hurts but that's not why we struggled. Maybe mentally it hurt us in this one, but it wasn't due to having Eggy out from a physical standpoint.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Zero offensive flow. I hope this is not indicative of the rest of the season. That was bad bad basketball and we are fortunate for the W.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 57-52. Really ugly game but we found a way to win in the end. Great toughness, but we have to do something because our next 2 games would probably have lost by 30 with that performance. It might have been because we missed a ton of open shots that went in and then out. 2 .ajor problems were definitely the inside game on O and D. We didn't do a good job scoring in the paint and Mississippi St scored a lot in the paint and rebounded to get 2nd chances. Have to figure that out.

Great job by Hayes to do what he could in the paint and what an amazing last min from him. It was a hard fought win that hopefully woke the team up from the loss of Egbunu. We need to come out against South Carolina and blitz them from the start

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Ugly but gutsy win. Fortunately, msu missed a ton of shots.

Side note: how does the ref not give the ball back to UF after catching the ball heading out of bounds?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Tough win. They showed their grit again at the end when all the momentum went to cowbell. Hayes was excellent. Robinson with 10 boards but 0 points...that is odd.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Ugly but gutsy win. Fortunately, msu missed a ton of shots.

Side note: how does the ref not give the ball back to UF after catching the ball heading out of bounds?
I couldn't complain too much. The MSU guy clearly called timeout before tossing the ball and in all likelihood the ref just went to grab it before officially signalling the timeout.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I couldn't complain too much. The MSU guy clearly called timeout before tossing the ball and in all likelihood the ref just went to grab it before officially signalling the timeout.

Gotcha. I'm visiting my daughters and their Sling tv doesn't provide the clearest picture. So I couldn't see what happened. There were several times I couldn't tell who grabbed a rebound until after somebody passed or took another shot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Egbunu needs to stop being a wussy and suit up next game.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Coach said after the game that Stone is still dealing with the vertigo and it has completely shot his confidence...hopefully that clears up soon and we get the really good Stone back

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's gonna be an adjustment, playing without egbunu. And we're not gonna win every game by 20 anyhow.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know it's not meant to be difinitive lol. I just post it quickly and very reactionary. I probably could have used more words but I was posting during a timeout
One of the main reasons I don't post during a game. The chatter in my head is likely similar to yours and most others.
I do enjoy reading the thread and knee jerk reactions because I'm mentally going through the same thing.
:fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.