***Official Game Thread*** Florida at South Carolina

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida travels to South Carolina tonight to take on the Gamecocks at 6:30 PM on the SEC Network. South Carolina has the #1 ranked defense, so this will be a big challenge for us tonight. We need to make shots and not turn the ball over and make sure we rebound. Guard play will be a big key on how the game turns out. We need a big road win vs a really good opponent!

Predicition:

Florida- 72
South Carolina- 61
POG- Hill

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Bold prediction Lee. We should have won this last year, but lost in OT. It's going to be a close one I think.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
This team has had to work for every inch this season. Every game it seems they get the best of what every team throws at them. In the end of the games is when they show their strength and tighten up as opposing teams wear out. They are always battling and don't get overwhelmed. I like the toughness I'm seeing from this White coached team.

I see this going the same way. Win or lose I believe this team will battle.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Their leading scorers are 6'5" and 6'7" and both are shooting the 3 at better than 40%. We'll need to put some of our longer guys on them like Leon, Robinson and Stone to prevent the long ball, or let Hill pester the crap out of the 6'5" guy anyway. Rebounding will also be a big factor in this game - it appears to be our biggest weakness, other than Hill/Chorizo's inability to shoot consistently well, and Egbunu/Hayes lack of rebounding/scoring in the paint. The key to this game could very well hinge on our rebounding and ability to get points in the paint.
Go Gators!
:chomp:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Don't think it'll be that high scoring. Expect something like 63-58. I think D-Rob breaks out of his funk tonight.

Well he is pretty close to the total which is openned at 133 and has moved to 135.5. UF openned -1 but it has moved to UF +1.5 and even +2 in some places. Those lines are a prediction of about SoCar 69 UF 67.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well he is pretty close to the total which is openned at 133 and has moved to 135.5. UF openned -1 but it has moved to UF +1.5 and even +2 in some places. Those lines are a prediction of about SoCar 69 UF 67.
If I was a betting man I would be taking the under.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently we press the 2nd most of all major conference teams.

C2evUvYXAAAkYEh.jpg

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I would agree - even with OT last year, the total was 142. Being an away game, I would think the lower the score, the better for us.

Depends on if Allen has a Frazier like night there against SoCar. Of course if he does Martin might actually have a stroke.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on if Allen has a Frazier like night there against SoCar. Of course if he does Martin might actually have a stroke.
I would love for Allen to get back in the groove. Maybe having Barry and Stone lighting it up from 3 lately will allow Allen some good looks when they're on the floor at the same time.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I would love for Allen to get back in the groove. Maybe having Barry and Stone lighting it up from 3 lately will allow Allen some good looks when they're on the floor at the same time.

I had not thought of this until you post, but Barry should feel somewhat comfortable playing in SoCar since he spend 3 or 4 years right down the road.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we take early command of the game and SoCar never threatens.
It is liable to be a scary exciting nail-biter? Go Gators. Come alive Egbunu & DRob.
Stay steady Allen, Barry, & Stone & Hayes. Shoot high FG%s, please.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Apparently we press the 2nd most of all major conference teams.

C2evUvYXAAAkYEh.jpg
It's more like we play full court man to man. We don't press/trap/cause turnovers in the full court. We just waste the others teams shot clock...so yes we press the 2nd most, but it isn't the same as those other teams

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This might be the biggest game of the year in terms of our national perspective. We haven't won a road game against a top 25 team in awhile and we NEED this one

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This might be the biggest game of the year in terms of our national perspective. We haven't won a road game against a top 25 team in awhile and we NEED this one
Our last road win over a ranked opponent was at UK in '13-'14. Before that? At Vandy in '10-'11. Ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.