***Official Game Thread*** Florida @ South Carolina

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EVERYTHING that White said in his pregame show that they WORKED on in practice is how we are playing. Tough D, rebounding, blocking shots, pushing the ball when needed, driving and kicking for open looks, set plays for open lay ups and shots. ALL COACHING COACHING COACHING that White said they worked on in practice this week. White also talked about those adjustments that we needed to do vs SC vs the last game we played vs them. COACHING. I'll give White credit...will you?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
9 blocks, out rebounding by 20, fantastic defense, scoring from everybody, AND only 9 3 point attempts. Wow.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 58-34 at the under 8 timeout. We have started the slow play stall ball and have 2 shot clock violations and a terrible contested shot. Need to just run the offense like we did the first 30 min. Still ran clock at times but got good shots

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 61-36 at the under 4 timeout. 6 pts in 8 min. Ending the game on a terrible note offensively imo

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see the team play like they’re a team today. It pleases me to see the gamecuck coach lose his sh!t like this! Impressive shot blocking performance today as well. Overall, a thorough beat down!

:chomp:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We are up 30. I’m fine with slowing it down, it’s easier on our guys’ legs. This game is over
I think overall you are correct. I just don't like it for our confidence. We were doing amazing then play slow and have 6 pts in 8 min. If it isn't going to affect them then it's great to rest legs. I'm just not sure with this team lol

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CREDIT Coach Mike White with his adjustments vs the last game vs SC. COACHING. Total DOMINATION and DESTRUCTION by the Gators today vs SC on the road. COACHING. Haters and Complainers OWNED and DESTROYED and SILENT today. Go Gators!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think overall you are correct. I just don't like it for our confidence. We were doing amazing then play slow and have 6 pts in 8 min. If it isn't going to affect them then it's great to rest legs. I'm just not sure with this team lol

That’s fair lol. I think our confidence will be sky high after this trashing and how well we played on defense & boards

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna be a quiet thread today with the Gators WIN. Go Gators!!

:chomp::chomp::chomp::chomp:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 65-41. We played probably our best defensive game of the year. Huge improvment in all areas...except the slow stall ball the last 10 min lol. The bench played great as well. Need to keep the momentum going next game

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Simple explanation. More healthy bodies. I don't care how good you are, a team needs 4 folks to come off the bench and keep you in the game. BB is constant motion and effort. No huddles to rest up with.

DRapp

Sep 6, 2014
EVERYTHING that White said in his pregame show that they WORKED on in practice is how we are playing. Tough D, rebounding, blocking shots, pushing the ball when needed, driving and kicking for open looks, set plays for open lay ups and shots. ALL COACHING COACHING COACHING that White said they worked on in practice this week. White also talked about those adjustments that we needed to do vs SC vs the last game we played vs them. COACHING. I'll give White credit...will you?

I will. Dominated wire to to wire in a game they really needed. Where’s all the Mike White bashers? Did he call enough time outs today?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our leading scorer poured in 12 -- so yeah, it was all defense today. Go Gators !

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Our leading scorer poured in 12 -- so yeah, it was all defense today. Go Gators !

Great, intense and active defense but also balance offensively. Better passing & decisions, out rebounded them 46-24, not a great shooting performance and 14 TOs, but they out-worked and out-toughed a “hard nosed” team.

Now if they can repeat this against UGA...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Block party! :headbang:
Great defense, and rebounding!
23 off the bench and Allen only accounted for 4 of those.
Don't know if I've had more fun watching us score 65. :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Excellent road win. did not see game, and I know that USCe is not good and has been playing terrible, but by the score, I have to think UF had a lot to do with that today. Should have beaten USCe twice this year, but at least we did not lose to them twice. This is a competitive league with most teams just being average, so no result is impossible in this league. Need to defend the homecourt the rest of the year and perhaps nab another road win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb