***Official Game Thread*** Florida @ South Carolina

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by LeeForThree, Feb 10, 2018.

1. t-gator

t-gator too sexy for my shirt

Oxbucks:
    $661
    Ratings:
    +6,078 / -196
    What are you talking about 6'8" centers don't grow on trees lol

2. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Gator - Jedi - Pumper
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $418
    Ratings:
    +489 / -61
    Well, it's a good thing that Coach White has assistants scouring GC looking for answers.

3. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Gator - Jedi - Pumper
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $418
    Ratings:
    +489 / -61
    100 Oxbucks says he'll be drafted by the NBA.

4. CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native

Oxbucks:
    $797
    Ratings:
    +3,333 / -23
    Maybe I’m missing the joke, but isn’t he listed as a PF?

5. t-gator

Oxbucks:
    $661
    Ratings:
    +6,078 / -196
    Ok, even at PF you're not playing in the nba without the ability to score outside of 5 foot . He won't even get a summer league invite

6. TLB

TLB Can we get an inside presence....pretty please?
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $402
    Ratings:
    +2,886 / -35
    He's had bad luck at college when it comes to injuries. No way he jeapordizes lowering his stock even further with another college year and likely another injury. NBA won't touch him, it will be overseas. I like the guy, but his money making career is likely very short. He needs to get to it.

7. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,074
    Ratings:
    +7,717 / -221
    Deal

8. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $762
    Ratings:
    +5,135 / -276
    Been out of the country. Nice to see a gators win. Go gators!

9. CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native

Oxbucks:
    $797
    Ratings:
    +3,333 / -23
    I don’t know enough about basketball to argue and I know I might be splitting hairs. I just know the roles are slightly different. Right now I’m more interested in seeing if our Gators are gonna show that type of defensive effort for the remainder of the season!

10. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $466
    Ratings:
    +4,441 / -68
    How in the heck is KY # 20 in RPI with the same record as us while we sit at # 47 I think.

11. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,289
    Ratings:
    +7,562 / -36
    Thinking back on Egbunu's performance-production before he got injured: he wasn't a dominant player. Actually, he was pretty mediocre = no NBA worthiness there. Now he's damaged, diminished and might need a second surgery which should incapacitate him another year.? How can Egbunu withstand the banging that awaits even in overseas pro-ball ? IDK, IDK ?

12. t-gator

Oxbucks:
    $661
    Ratings:
    +6,078 / -196
    I'm sure there's going to be more ups and downs. Idk why everyone is so down on this team and mike white. Seems like everyones struggling.

13. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $388
    Ratings:
    +1,823 / -44
    The Egbunu story is somewhat complicated:

1. He is a big old style center at 6'11'' and 265 lbs.

2. He was in fact a darn good player before his first surgery at UF. He was averaging 11.5 points and 6.5 rebounds a game and had good advanced stats too. At this point he was an NBA prospect in my mind because he was a post player with good back to the basket moves who was better the second half of that season than the first. He also showed great grit playing with his injured thumb in the NIT until his surgery date.

3. When he came back from his thumb surgery the next season, his defensive and rebounding stats showed nice improvement, but his offensive stats went in the tank. His effective shooting percentage dropped about .100 points even though his FT shooting was slightly better. Maybe he was a slow healer, but the thumb injury took away a significant part of his offensive game.

4. I have always discounted Egbunu for this season as he appeared to be a slow healer. Now maybe whenever he gets back, he will have his shooting touch back due to his thumb being completely well. Of course that may not be the case either. Either way, I expected him to be a shell of himself this season as a slow healer. So in my mind the Soph Egbunu was a very different player than the JR Egbunu.

5. Unless he comes back this year and shows to be the offensive inside force he was two years ago, I doubt he is an NBA pick. Even then he may not be due to a track record that says injury prone.

14. Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch Mr. SQ, the Sashole
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,495
    Ratings:
    +10,804 / -218
    Strength of schedule OOC was much better than ours. And I think our losses have been to lower ranked teams. We have more top 50 wins, though.

15. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $388
    Ratings:
    +1,823 / -44
    If this team gets in the tourney, I would hate to be a tops seed in their region. They have shown they can beat anyone anywhere. The have also shown they can lose to anyone anywhere, though none of their losses are terrible until you look at the margins a couple of times. This team could easily lose their first game, but could just as easily win four or even six games in the tourney.

16. maheo30

maheo30 Theonomist Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $359
    Ratings:
    +2,392 / -33
    I've looked at 3 NBA big boards (top 60 prospects). Silva isn't listed on any of them. However, Jalen Hudson is flirting with the top 30.

17. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $390
    Ratings:
    +981 / -7
    What he does for us is balance us out so the little guys play in position and execute their game to the max. He is also a bid problem for teams driving in the paint and centers in the low post. He is a huge loss for us.

18. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $491
    Ratings:
    +4,569 / -210
    I agree FG. He was not a detriment in there in any way at all when he went down.

19. LeeForThree

LeeForThree Let It Fly

Oxbucks:
    $1,040
    Ratings:
    +1,764 / -34
    In the wacky world that is Bracketology.....CBS moved us from a 10 to a 9 seed. Lunardi accounted for the Selection preview yesterday and in his new installment today has us at.........wait for it................still don't believe it...................a........................wow is Lunardi crazy....................oh back..............to the........seed....................................................................A 4 Seed

20. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $585
    Ratings:
    +3,418 / -12
    I read that UF has 10 "Q1 & 2" wins compared to MSU's 7.