***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Eastern Michigan***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n43784 said:
Remember how boring all of our games have been since 2008? Even in 09 I couldn't get my jimmy up for any of those games

In 09 we blew out the cupcakes but didn't do hardly anything against the good defenses.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n43782 said:
Jake McGee...what happened?

muschamp just said he has a broken tibia AND fibula- out for season ( I was typing not listening, but pretty sure it was mcgee).. hope he can come back from the injury without twinging pain on quick cuts running in future.

Also someone else, probably was debose, not sure though, has a chipped knee or something with knee and will be out 2-3 games.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n43782 said:
Jake McGee...what happened?
Broke both bones in lower leg. Having surgery in the morning. Really sucks!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n43764 said:
He's gone. If he doesn't get any touches in this game with two walkons and a true freshman carrying the ball, why would he stay.
Lane had a family emergency and had to go home. Will be back in a few days. He would have played quite a bit today.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
That was the first game in over a year that I can say was an enjoyable game to watch. the offense wasn't predictable at all, and it was a vanilla offense.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As far as I'm concerned this was Roper's game. The offense completely belongs to him. Muschamp would never in a thousand years be able to come up with someithng like that. The defense was even different due to the offense and the way they played. I really wished Roper was the head coach and not Champer. Of course EMU wasn't even a good enough team to make the Gators sweat. The real tale will be Tennessee and Alabama. The real test for Roper will be an attacking SEC defense with speed he never saw at Duke. That will make the difference. I liked the offensive scheme but you really can't tell how it will perform in the heat of battle with game situations on the line. Muschamp is one of THE worst game day coaches I've ever had experience to watch. THAT is still an issue. His complete lack of ability towards player development is still an issue. I'm not even sure Roper could overcome those. We'll see. At least the Gators scored 50 today and kept my blood pressure at a manageable level.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I really cringed when Roper sent Harris in during that first drive. I thought Pease had knocked Roper in the head and took over the headset. That was the only issue I had with the play calling. Roper should have stayed with Jeff the entire drive. You can really disrupt the rhythm of the offense, especially during the first drive of the season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;43810 said:
Law98gator;n43764 said:
He's gone. If he doesn't get any touches in this game with two walkons and a true freshman carrying the ball, why would he stay.
Lane had a family emergency and had to go home. Will be back in a few days. He would have played quite a bit today.

That's unfortunate. I think he could've loosened up the defense.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats Gators, supposed to pummel and did. Our O-line is still scary and thin but not blocking each other :lol: It's nice to have fun and feel good post game. Catmania, we be wait'n on you. Go Gators!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law98gator;n43764 said:
Thanks for info. I figured it had to be a disciplinary thing, since he saw no action.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
It is really great to see them pummel an inferior opponent! Haven't seen that in 5 years
Do you have a plan for when you'll change that picture of your girlfriend? Soon, I hope.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
So can we say Muschamp is hands off the offense?
We might also question the speculation that last year he was too hands on. Maybe Pease just sucked. :idon'tknow:

In mind mind it could be either, but it's probably some of both.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious said:
jereed16;n43599 said:
Funny, on page 20 here, one reply at GSMB.

I just went over to check myself. it was started when the game began....1 reply as of this moment.

Shocking.
It's still early - just game one. Let's see them fail consistently before we make too many conclusions.

:hehehe:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake said:
As far as I'm concerned this was Roper's game. The offense completely belongs to him. Muschamp would never in a thousand years be able to come up with someithng like that. The defense was even different due to the offense and the way they played. I really wished Roper was the head coach and not Champer. Of course EMU wasn't even a good enough team to make the Gators sweat. The real tale will be Tennessee and Alabama. The real test for Roper will be an attacking SEC defense with speed he never saw at Duke. That will make the difference. I liked the offensive scheme but you really can't tell how it will perform in the heat of battle with game situations on the line. Muschamp is one of THE worst game day coaches I've ever had experience to watch. THAT is still an issue. His complete lack of ability towards player development is still an issue. I'm not even sure Roper could overcome those. We'll see. At least the Gators scored 50 today and kept my blood pressure at a manageable level.
Thanks for your expert opinion. What a breath of fresh air.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
It is really great to see them pummel an inferior opponent! Haven't seen that in 5 years
Betty joe would be hurt..,

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pleasantly surprised with our performance and, even more, with the outcome of the game. I think the score is skewed due to unforced mistakes EM made. I think the score appears better than we played. Still, I'm happy and while our play wasn't as good as it could have been, it was waaaaaaay better than it's been. Now bring on Kentucky.

Go Gators!!
:chomp:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah, we shut them out!!

With all of the focus on the offense, let's not lose sight of the shutout. I don't care who they are, we were consistent enough that they never scored.
:woohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator