***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Eastern Michigan***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Boomer Sooner is going curb stomp the Vols.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
GMDGATOR;n43345 said:
Half empty bhg! Crappy line! Foley needs to lower ticket prices

I handle tickets for our Gator Club's block seating. Block seating tickets for this game we're $25. The tiered pricing system will charge $50 for UK and Mizzou, and $80 for LSU and SC.
Those empty seat are from EMU , they didn't sell out their portion of the tickets

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Finally getting a chance to log-on after the weekend. Delayed response, but here are my thoughts:

First.. Eastern Michigan was one of the worst football teams I have ever seen the Gators play. They beat them the way they should and that is a good thing (because in the past we struggled against lesser talent), but I can't tell you if we will win 10 games or 4 after watching this.

Positives:
Defensive Line looked fantastic. Lots of pressure and penetration, dominated the game.

Speical Teams - Debose makes a big difference when it comes to field position.

Running Backs had good vision and we have a ton of them.

Wide Receivers got open and made tough catches. Dunbar had one drop, but played well

Driskel and Treon both looked good.

Negatives:
Injuries - can we go one game without losing a OL starter or key offensive player... PLEASE!!!!!

Offensive Line - The left guard spot was getting killed by Eastern Michigan! EASTERN MICHIGAN! There is no reason Driskel should have been under pressure in this game, except for possibly a blitz. Driskel should have had all day to sit back and throw and there were plenty of times he had to get the ball out quickly because he was going to get hit. This has been our main problem since 2010 and I am very concerned that it is still an issue, which will cause us to struggle against any quality team. That said it was the first game, so at least there is something to focus on fixing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n45074 said:
I"m just saying getting fired up about opening a can of whup ass on Eastern Michigan will bear no fruit once you take the field with Alabama.
And I'm just saying that getting fired up about opening a can of whup ass on Utah State will bear no fruit once you take the field with Kentucky. You guys are going 0-8 in SEC play.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n45298 said:
Finally getting a chance to log-on after the weekend. Delayed response, but here are my thoughts:

First.. Eastern Michigan was one of the worst football teams I have ever seen the Gators play. They beat them the way they should and that is a good thing (because in the past we struggled against lesser talent), but I can't tell you if we will win 10 games or 4 after watching this.

Positives:
Defensive Line looked fantastic. Lots of pressure and penetration, dominated the game.

Speical Teams - Debose makes a big difference when it comes to field position.

Running Backs had good vision and we have a ton of them.

Wide Receivers got open and made tough catches. Dunbar had one drop, but played well

Driskel and Treon both looked good.

Negatives:
Injuries - can we go one game without losing a OL starter or key offensive player... PLEASE!!!!!

Offensive Line - The left guard spot was getting killed by Eastern Michigan! EASTERN MICHIGAN! There is no reason Driskel should have been under pressure in this game, except for possibly a blitz. Driskel should have had all day to sit back and throw and there were plenty of times he had to get the ball out quickly because he was going to get hit. This has been our main problem since 2010 and I am very concerned that it is still an issue, which will cause us to struggle against any quality team. That said it was the first game, so at least there is something to focus on fixing.

Good points!

FB is all about match-ups and EMU didn't match-up with us. SEC teams, including UK, will.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n45374 said:
And I'm just saying that getting fired up about opening a can of whup ass on Utah State will bear no fruit once you take the field with Kentucky. You guys are going 0-8 in SEC play.

Kentucky is a B Ball state that only dreams of becoming a football juggernaut. They make a lot of noise about their football program but in the end they can't escape their basketball genes. We shall take the field with Kentucky with utterly no trepidation. Of course our focus now is not the SEC but those I'm proud to be an Okie folks in Norman.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n45408 said:
Kentucky is a B Ball state that only dreams of becoming a football juggernaut. They make a lot of noise about their football program but in the end they can't escape their basketball genes. We shall take the field with Kentucky with utterly no trepidation. Of course our focus now is not the SEC but those I'm proud to be an Okie folks in Norman.

That's funny... I feel like Tennessee is a Woman's basketball state that only dreams of becoming a football and men's basketball juggernaut...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
dont mind alvin dork guys... he's just sweating now after seeing florida look like a juggernaut again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.