Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n143534 said:
Haha! :crazy:

We can't complete 1 pass, let alone 2.

:) Lol. I was half-joking, but I was thinking of anything that would get the ball out of Driskel's hands. Luckily, he performed well when the game was on the line.

Oct 5, 2014
I think Driskel played very well today, despite a blown call by the ref and four drops of well thrown passes.I hope our new coach can convince him to stay.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Left Coast Gator;n143541 said:
I think Driskel played very well today, despite a blown call by the ref and four drops of well thrown passes.I hope our new coach can convince him to stay.

Agree up to the end. No offense, but I'd like to see JD gone. He will look good enough in practice and will be tempting go because of his experience. But we all know what were going to get, at least at this point. He's likely been fried with all the poor coaching and changes, which isn't entirel his fault. But it doesn't change reality. Time to move on for both of us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I CANT WAIT for this program to flush the remnants of Chimpball. The whole damn program has Mushstank.

It's hard to get Dawgshiiit off your shoe.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
on the way to g'ville for helmet stickers "whos with me"?:dance:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ugly wins are better than any loss...so Go Gators. Defense got a nice workout today. Offense showed McElwain exactly what he needs to work on. Backups playing was a definite plus...injuries a definite minus. And Driskell? No turnovers...no scores either, but no turnovers. Now please move on so we can repair this mess.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so glad we have a new offensive coaching staff coming in. These receivers can't catch to save their lives. Other then Dunbar and Robinson they just can't catch. I'm hoping that Worton is different. Westbrook routinely missed blocks all game. Even on Driskel's game clinching run he was completely lost on trying to block for him.

Driskel actually look pretty good. But nobody could catch the damn ball. Pitiful. I see why Adam Lane hasn't been starting. He can run. But he can't catch worth ****.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! 28-20 over mighty ECU. Look out world here come the Gators.
smile.png

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
soflagator;n143544 said:
Agree up to the end. No offense, but I'd like to see JD gone. He will look good enough in practice and will be tempting go because of his experience. But we all know what were going to get, at least at this point. He's likely been fried with all the poor coaching and changes, which isn't entirel his fault. But it doesn't change reality. Time to move on for both of us.

Agreed. I'm going to give Jeff the benefit of the doubt and lay a share of the blame for his performance at UF on bad coaching and piss-poor player development, and poor performance by the OL and receivers . But I do believe that Jeff needs a fresh start. He needs to transfer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n143633 said:
I see why Adam Lane hasn't been starting. He can run. But he can't catch worth ****.
No, he can't catch for sh**, but does it matter when you run the ball 80% of the time? We play TEs who might as well be Edward Scissorhands because they allegedly can block--of which I've seen almost no evidence--because we were a running team and running was all that mattered. Ditto for the WRs, blocking well or get off the field.

Who cares if you can't catch? Obviously not our staff. Why would the rules be different for RBs? Why do we then play RBs who can't run just because they can catch or block? It's like Dr. Seuss logic.

Flushcrap. Wish we had flushed earlier.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well we also play QBs because they can (we think) run rather than they can read defenses and throw the ball to the open receiver accurately. I would like to see game film so as to tell if receivers were open on not. I suspect that they really don't get separation somewhat due to poor design and perhaps poor execution. Burton caught a well thrown ball along the sideline but we never even tried it again to anybody. This team does not believe in the short to intermediate passing game at all, no throwing on first down. Just bubble screens and bombs. Hopefully new coaches will develop a complete offense rather than the one that Roper ran this year.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
GatorJ;n143633 said:
I'm so glad we have a new offensive coaching staff coming in. These receivers can't catch to save their lives. Other then Dunbar and Robinson they just can't catch. I'm hoping that Worton is different. Westbrook routinely missed blocks all game. Even on Driskel's game clinching run he was completely lost on trying to block for him.

Driskel actually look pretty good. But nobody could catch the damn ball. Pitiful. I see why Adam Lane hasn't been starting. He can run. But he can't catch worth ****.
It's just scary how this team of skill players has band hands for the most part. Drops ruins the confidence of the Gator QB's too.

Get to work coach Mac you have a ton of work to do. Good luck.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When we have a 100th ranked offense, it means 100 college teams across the nation have better offenses than we do.
Start looking at the conferences that stink and realize most all those teams have better ranked offenses than UF !

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n143633 said:
I'm so glad we have a new offensive coaching staff coming in. These receivers can't catch to save their lives. Other then Dunbar and Robinson they just can't catch.
Sorry, brah but Dunbar has more drops than anyone, although Westbrook has, of course, the game killing drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.