***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Texas A&M

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another win...I'll take it. Keep winning. Yes, we have trouble with the zone and have for years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was definitely happy to get a win today. Our styles clash and anm has some good players and a decent coach. This is definitely one we could have lost.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great win for our guys. TAM makes you play sloppy. Always have, always will with their coach. Late in the season you have to WIN anyway you can and winning different ways helps by the time March comes. 20 wins in the regular season so far when we ONLY had 18 last year. We ONLY won 9 conference games last year and already have 10 with the WIN today. Go Gators!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hayes is hurt. Fell in practice. Played about 8 min.
Really...he seemed fine to me, especially on a nice lefty hook and some rebounds. I thought the 8 min was due to how well Egbunu was playing and that we needed the size of Egbunu to limit their big men

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I love how this team can clamp down on D. Down 40 to 36 and they turned it up on D and A&M wilted.

Would be intertesting to see how this team does vs a team that plays excellent D like WI or Virginia. Those types of teams will be tough to beat for this team. But, I don't think any of us anticipated this type of season so far. Keep playing great D and wins will keep coming.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we can win the SEC regular season and get a couple of wins in the SEC tourney we will probably get a 2 seed in the tournament.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I did not see the game, but sounds like the game was closer than it should have been against a below average opponent at home. Be that as it may, those things happen and they got the win, but I did look at the box score and noticed that 50% or 1/2 of our FG attempts were 3-pt shots. With all due respect, unless you are a lights out 3-pt shooting team (which UF is not), that is way too many 3-pt attempts on a % basis. Let me guess. A@M played a lot of zone defense and we just stood around the perimeter and passed the ball with no players flashing into the post or any off the ball movement? I have seen that before by Mike's teams against zones, but since I did not see the game I can't comment. Either way, it is the time of the year to get into a high gear if you want to make a deep tourney run.
A&Ms a big, long, physical team. They had 6 blocks in the game. We probably shied away from the interior too much, but did have some success down there. But I agree, too many 3s were taken. Shots just weren't falling, for either team.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
A&Ms a big, long, physical team. They had 6 blocks in the game. We probably shied away from the interior too much, but did have some success down there. But I agree, too many 3s were taken. Shots just weren't falling, for either team.
Really...he seemed fine to me, especially on a nice lefty hook and some rebounds. I thought the 8 min was due to how well Egbunu was playing and that we needed the size of Egbunu to limit their big men

He had his wrist heavily taped due to a fall in practice. He was played well in the few minutes he played. He was available and could have played more so it was likely a combination of the injury and the fact that Egbunu played well enroute to a double double

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When your shots aren't falling, the best thing to do is turn the focus on defense and create turnovers and easy transition points. Eventually, your offense will wake up. The half court is not this team's forte and it's exactly what A&M forced on it with its size. It wasn't a pretty win, but it proved one thing, that Coach White and his guys can adapt and find a way to win through solid team defense. That'll be more important as we move forward.

You never know what kind of opponent you'll be up against in the Tournament. Good to get this experience under our belts.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just relieved that we will make the big dance! It's the best and most exciting tournament in sports, and while fun to watch regardless, it's on a whole different level when UF is in it. These past few years with UF at home have kinda sucked.

I'd be thrilled with anywhere from a 2-5 seed. Heck of a season so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator