Nice win although I would have liked to "Hang 50" on those SOB's

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n100830 said:
The problem is that Muschamp truly brought in Treon when he could. REMEMBER, Treon didn't come in until this summer.

1st game canceled.
E. Michigan game - Driskel has good game
Kentucky - Defense plays awful - Driskel is solid
Driskel was pathetic in the Kintucky game.

But he should have seen Driskel was a disaster in 2012.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LSU - Bamer going to be fun to watch last 5 minutes.

We really played flat, IMHO. Hopefully, we'll see that fire that we saw in the Jawja game next week. I believe Muschamp and Roper saw what they needed too out of Harris, tonight. He earned a lot of trust tonight. What's amazing is how easy he makes it look and Driskel looks like a chicken giving birth to a buffalo.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n100846 said:

Not even a guy making 3 million a year is as smart as you Law.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I was a little disappointed on a lot of the 3rd and short play calls. Thought we could have been a little more creative they way they were selling out against the run.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;100846 said:
GatorJ;n100830 said:
The problem is that Muschamp truly brought in Treon when he could. REMEMBER, Treon didn't come in until this summer. 1st game canceled. E. Michigan game - Driskel has good game Kentucky - Defense plays awful - Driskel is solid
Driskel was pathetic in the Kintucky game. But he should have seen Driskel was a disaster in 2012.

No doubt.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
How many Gator fans would be mad as hell if they were a Bama or LSU fan? They would be calling for Saban or Miles' head for only scoring 10 points. It's sickening to think that we gave LSU the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n100850 said:
Not even a guy making 3 million a year is as smart as you Law.

There's a reason he's the second lowest paid coach in the SEC.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n100849 said:
LSU - Bamer going to be fun to watch last 5 minutes.

We really played flat, IMHO. Hopefully, we'll see that fire that we saw in the Jawja game next week. I believe Muschamp and Roper saw what they needed too out of Harris, tonight. He earned a lot of trust tonight. What's amazing is how easy he makes it look and Driskel looks like a chicken giving birth to a buffalo.

Not sure if it was flat or just easing TH in on the road. D stepped up and the O did enough and limited mistakes. I am sure HBC and fsux will see those long balls and start getting a Lil worried. We may just have us a Lil ball club again here in Gainesville.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Pretty amazing how many points the Driskel led offense put up against LSU. They have been pretty lights out since our game. And, yes their lineup changes that sparked their resurgence were in effect for our game.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n100846 said:

I agree. I thought Driskel may turn it around, but, he should have been on a much shorter leash. Gotta give Jeff credit, though, he has handled it like a man.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n100874 said:
Not sure if it was flat or just easing TH in on the road. D stepped up and the O did enough and limited mistakes. I am sure HBC and fsux will see those long balls and start getting a Lil worried. We may just have us a Lil ball club again here in Gainesville.

I was referring to the players. They showed little emotion the entire game. We seem to be that way every time we play Vandy or Kenturkey. I'm sure will see a little more excitement next week.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the grass-eater has another one handed to him. I'm going to start eating the stuff. Heck, I may win the lottery.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I just got home so I haven't been keeping up on the comments. Here are a couple of my observations from the game:
- When Muschamp went for it the 2nd time on 4th and goal, I thought "he's going for it because he knows he's gone, and he has nothing to lose"
- Nice to see us throw 10 yard and 50 yard passes for completions. Seems like more "out patterns" than "slant patterns"
- Nice job of improving the run/pass ratio. In a way, I'm happy Vandy stopped our rush b/c we had to adjust our playcalling.
- Driskel was fortunate to have scored that TD. He was scared to stick the ball across the line. Also the throw he had was pathetic.
- Many props to Treon on his game. He has a bright future with us.
- Defense played their usual great game (albeit against Vandy). Nice job forcing turnovers

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n100922 said:
I just got home so I haven't been keeping up on the comments. Here are a couple of my observations from the game:
- When Muschamp went for it the 2nd time on 4th and goal, I thought "he's going for it because he knows he's gone, and he has nothing to lose"
- Nice to see us throw 10 yard and 50 yard passes for completions. Seems like more "out patterns" than "slant patterns"
- Nice job of improving the run/pass ratio. In a way, I'm happy Vandy stopped our rush b/c we had to adjust our playcalling.
- Driskel was fortunate to have scored that TD. He was scared to stick the ball across the line. Also the throw he had was pathetic.
- Many props to Treon on his game. He has a bright future with us.
- Defense played their usual great game (albeit against Vandy). Nice job forcing turnovers

Good obseervations and agree:
I think WM's going for those plays are in fact as you state. At least I'm hoping that. Driskel is as I have said for a while now....plays scared when on the field. On those direct runs if you notice its almost like he has a hesitation step before he runs. No fluent at all. More like he's trying to do a "read" on a direct QB run. He's a big kid and with UF's line it should not have been that close. Ram it in there. Good comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator