***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Mighty Gators vs Kitties***

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
Glad we won but I cant get excited about the way it happened. If you think Kentucky not covering a WR on two plays resulting in a TD and getting a perfectly timed holding call at the end on Kentucky shows coaching prowess and brilliance I am sorry you may be as delusional as Mac is when it comes to Nuss running an offense. A win is a win and we need all the help we can get.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This fanbase is more beaten down than Jboss' CAPS key.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna be a huge multi quote of crow in this thread Saturday night.
The score thread will have better material.

We're getting blown out.

And yet...
I'll continue to predict a loss here. I understand Nuss & Mac are not taped up in the closet, so they are still leading the popsicle parade.
27-16 Cats is my prediction.
we are two evenly-matched teams talent-wise. It will come down to coaching. Butters shyts himself on the road and Kitties are far better than Arky.

Kittycats 41
Gator 9
We're Florida, we don't lose to Kentucky.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
WE deserved to win, the short handed warm weather team playing at night in a hostile, caustic environment owned the fourth quarter, Kensucky was the beaten team sucking air. Kensucky was lucky they screwed up on defense to give time for a last ditch effort. Kudo's to the Kensucky QB who can have a great acting career after college. He got one needed player kicked out and extended a last ditch drive flopping nicely on a ridiculous roughing call. ESPN can go to He!! and if I never hear Jordan Reed analyse another game it will be waaay too soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This fanbase is more beaten down than Jboss' CAPS key.
A lot of people were emotionally invested in the "Butters is gonna fix it this year" mantra. There is a cost to that.

They should have stuck with the "BECAUSE MUSSCHUMP" mantra and saying it will take 4 years to start recruiting and 6-8 to be a competitive team again, because Musschump.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Trolls hide your eyes. Gators offense 395 total yards AND 4 TOUCHDOWNS??!! WTH is going on here??!! Gators WIN TOP by 10 SECONDS too??!! Most importantly GATORS WIN another close game to make it 31 STRAIGHT WINS over UK!! Go Gators!!

Dude, I LOVE your posts, but even a good ky team should be a tuneup for UF. I'm happy with the win, but would rather see the game well in hand at halftime. That should be the expectation every year.

One small silver lining: the defense stiffened and the offense started moving the ball better, which helped us win the 4th qtr. Without that effort and shift in momentum, there is NO EASY TD to Swain. I'd say our odds of scoring that TD without the gift were still pretty good, based on that drive and the previous one.

That said, we're not where we need to be.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Did you watch the game? They literally gave us 2 uncontested td that we didn't deserve... are we supposed to be happy that we snuck a win against Kentucky?

Should we call up Stoops and the SEC Commish and tell them we don't deserve the win, we are giving back those two TDs and taking a loss for the game?

Sht happens. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. Enjoy being the windshield while you can.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That said, we're not where we need to be.

:fistbump:

I find myself thinking, if not posting, this in nearly every damn thread on here where the dumpers aren't happy about anything. Fk no, we aren't where we need to be, but we ARE winning games and that ought to bring some level of solace. Otherwise those references to blowout losses to ranked teams quickly becomes blowout losses to crap teams...but we aren't dead yet. People aren't happy with a win if it doesn't meet their expectations - sounds like their problem. I can have a win not meet my expectations, but I'll still take the win.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trolls hide your eyes. Gators offense 395 total yards AND 4 TOUCHDOWNS??!! WTH is going on here??!! Gators WIN TOP by 10 SECONDS too??!! Most importantly GATORS WIN another close game to make it 31 STRAIGHT WINS over UK!! Go Gators!!

Nobody is upset that we won the game, but we are upset with how we played during the game. I'm glad we won, but I also recognize that right now this is not a good football team. So the question is... what are you expectations this year?

My expectations were that we would see a much more functional offense with more creativity. I wanted to see us getting the ball down the field and using the middle of the field. I don't see that with Franks. I'm not sure how much of that is a QB issue. Del Rio certainly at least tried to throw down the middle when he threw that pick, but that was also a bad decision.

It was clear to me that Del Rio has much better command of the offense than Franks. The team got to the line faster and I feel like Del Rio is better at recognizing protections and make check-offs. I"m disappointed that Franks is so bad in that department after two years. Maybe the kid just doesn't have it mentally... or maybe it is coaching.

I can say I remember Grier making the correct reads and throws more often than Franks ever has.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@johnnytownsend1: When Kentucky double teams the punter all game...61 yard bomb topped off with a pancake

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I like a punter with some scrap in him.

Love JT and hope little brother has similar skills.

Not sure about best Gator punter ever, but Shane Edge was probably the best combo of booming foot and toughness. His fake punt vs bamuh in the SECCG ('93?) was freaking awesome.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
the dumpers aren't happy about anything.
CLAP CLAP CLAP!! Thanks TLB for STICKING it to the DUMPERS and CHUMPERS!!

I've eaten my slices of magpie. My heart felt that this 3rd year Gator talent would blitz our schedule.
In keeping "Nuss100+" Mac shows that friendship is more important than Gator rise to the top. Yetch!

expectations were that we would see a much more functional offense ......getting the ball down the field

Please don't call targeting on me, ATX. But I've extracted 2 lines from ATX's 12-line post. That whole post was justifying the all negative view.(which ATX has been reluctant to adopt.) I think these excerpts reveal what JBoss & TLB are intuitively sensing and trying to toss out a lifeline to us all to "live-it-up" now! =

That 4th quarter made JBoss-TLB's statement, should have made it for us all >> Malik Davis' slipping through "not-much-daylight" (Ciatric Faison-like) with a bit of improved OL-execution, gave us steady drives (10:52min top vs UK's 3:25). Earlier in the game, Toney wildcattin' thru them kitties for a 37 yard TD-run plus Toney throwing a 50 yard (in-the-air?) completion.
These are 2 super-brightest betterments that were not even supposed to contribute this year!

Yes, our coaching shows abysmal use of talented winner-players. Yes, coaches are not making them practice the details that can tip a play. True, Nuss is easy to pre-guess & that's grievous-grid-irony on our in-action players, yada, yada, nada.

But maybe this new reliance on new thuroughbreds can reform this offence to score, while resting the defense to prowl. I've said before, these stupid, inept, LOTJ-coaches will have to be taught by our players how to play winning football. And this Vandy game may be the first step from the unrest of our lives.??
"Do you smell burnt feathers? I smell burnt feathers. Swonky, what are you doing in the kitchen?"

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Love JT and hope little brother has similar skills.

Not sure about best Gator punter ever, but Shane Edge was probably the best combo of booming foot and toughness. His fake punt vs bamuh in the SECCG ('93?) was freaking awesome.

Last I remember seeing if edge is when he got into a fight during a NFL game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator