***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Orange vs Blue***

Which QB will have the better spring game?

• Feleipe Franks

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 83 75.5%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only way Lawstradamus' statement comes true is if EJ starts the opener and never looks back.

Not sure about you guys, but I have no interest in seeing Mullen alternate between Franks and Trask in pursuit of a 7-5 record.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Do you think Franks is a better passer?

Don't bother trying to get anything out of the donk. Trask is a better passer than Franks and he can run just as good. He will never give the kid credit no matter what. I think Trask looks like the kid that beat him up everyday on the playground.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The only way Lawstradamus' statement comes true is if EJ starts the opener and never looks back.

Not sure about you guys, but I have no interest in seeing Mullen alternate between Franks and Trask in pursuit of a 7-5 record.

Yeah, neither one is the answer. We really need Jones this year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, neither one is the answer. We really need Jones this year.
Not as much for the W-L record as for our collective psyche. Eight years of offensive futility is enough.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Franks seems to bring more emotion to those around him but who knows if that would hold up in real game scenarios. Hopefully we keep getting some info throughout the summer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't bother trying to get anything out of the donk. Trask is a better passer than Franks and he can run just as good.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

TRASH is a super secret great running quarterback. 6 yards in high school and 0 yards in college is just evidence of how great he is and how much the coaches want to hide his running ability!!!

Youve gone full ****ing idiot now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're right. They won't be alternating.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

TRASH is a super secret great running quarterback. 6 yards in high school and 0 yards in college is just evidence of how great he is and how much the coaches want to hide his running ability!!!

Youve gone full ****ing idiot now.

No, everyone on this board thinks your childish bashing of a great kid is idiotic. Nobody here thinks Trask or Franks is a good QB. I don't. But I can at least admit the two are just about equal or Trask has a slight edge. Just because the kid didn't run in the spring game doesn't mean he cant run. Watch the tape from last year spring game. No different than Franks. Besides that, Franks would have been tackled immediately if he were in full gear.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No, everyone on this board thinks your childish bashing of a great kid is idiotic. Nobody here thinks Trask or Franks is a good QB. I don't. But I can at least admit the two are just about equal or Trask has a slight edge. Just because the kid didn't run in the spring game doesn't mean he cant run. Watch the tape from last year spring game. No different than Franks. Besides that, Franks would have been tackled immediately if he were in full gear.
Interesting idea. Was there more QB running in last year's spring game than in this year's? What does that mean for our offense?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

I generally enjoy the donkey's take on just about any other subject. But expecting anything other than merciless bashing and JR HS level name-calling, when it comes to Trask, is a total waste of time. Like you, I'm ready to see what EJ can do ASAP, but the extreme nastiness directed toward this kid is getting old. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that it's never going to end, unless the kid makes a fool of him on the field - which frankly, seems unlikely. I like the donkey, but on this one subject, he's a one-trick pony in need of some new material.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Interesting idea. Was there more QB running in last year's spring game than in this year's? What does that mean for our offense?
It means that this year's spring game was basically all about show and little about substance...an effort to get fans, former players, and recruits fired up. And I have zero problems with that. It's spring ball and means nada. Anyone who draws any conclusions based on a spring game is, well, probably going in with a bias towards what they wanted to see.

It was fun and got 50k+ Gators into The Swamp, gave some new kids an opportunity to see what it's like to be on that turf with a helmet strapped on, and gave Mullen & co the chance to have a sh!t ton of quality recruits schmooze with some big name alumni. It was less about execution than it was about rolling out a new regime in The Swamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont understand how sending kids out there wearing #37 and #39 half the damn game was supposed to pump up the program. Let the walkons get half of the fourth quarter, maybe even a quarter, but not even bringing the real players out after the half makes zero sense.

We desperately needed the practice.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Trask ran some last spring. Not that it really matters much because he likely wont play much. I am just pointing out that the kid does run and can run if need be. I really wish we didn't have to have this conversation. I wish Jones were already named the starter.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Franks seems to bring more emotion to those around him but who knows if that would hold up in real game scenarios. Hopefully we keep getting some info throughout the summer

He is reported to be a more vocal leader, perhaps Trask could have a session with Tim about how to do that.

They both need to show great leadership in getting the team to practice under their direction and looking at film and learning.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was in the sunshine section today and it was brutal. I was supprised how crowded it was over there. Spent the second half on the opposite side in the shade and whew that was like an oasis. I told my kid it was somewhere between 50-60k so that sounds about right
If that’s 50-60k, we’ve got room for 150k. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t Trask hold a clipboard in HS because his team ran the option and he couldn’t run? Even as back-up you’d have to get more than 6 yards in a season wouldn’t you? I’m confused on why so many keep saying he can run the ball. :dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t Trask hold a clipboard in HS because his team ran the option and he couldn’t run? Even as back-up you’d have to get more than 6 yards in a season wouldn’t you? I’m confused on why so many keep saying he can run the ball. :dunno:
Because of his long run in the spring game last season. It was as impressive as any run that Franks has made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.