***Official Game Thread*** SECT Florida vs Vanderbilt

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we BARELY won 21 games last year with a run through the NIT. This year I was HOPING we could win 20 games and we won 24 so we have OVERACHIEVED with this roster to 24 WINS. Bad way to end the year but we have had a good year and are IN the NCAA Tourney. Go Gators!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
End of the day I'm glad we are dancing. Never know what can happen in the tourney if Allen & Barry get hot.

However, we need Hayes to man up, I think he's too nice. Doesn't have the edge to him that Horford, Noah and Pat had. Bring down the hoop when you slam it home, enough of this soft, lay it in crap. That said, we have to remember he's still just a sophomore who had a lot of developing to do (and still does).

And for the love of all things, please stop putting the ball in Hill's hands down the stretch. I trust Cheese much more (better finisher IMO).

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Today Gren wondered if the refs would bail out Vandy. The old man may be smarter than we thought.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ah crap. Frees up the weekend I guess, but wasn't really counting on that.
Just didn't shoot for schist today. Barry with a goose egg - ouch. Lucky to even get close enough, then lead, then get to OT, the way we played and shot. Then crapped the bed in OT. Lost 3 of llast 4. Looking at a 5 seed, IMO. Never know what'll happen in the tourney. Go Gators!
:chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wjat seed does the winner of the 5/12 game play in the second round?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wjat seed does the winner of the 5/12 game play in the second round?

4/13. So we are looking at an ND, Lville, FSU, WVU, Purdue type

Hope it's WVU if I had to choose one

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'll be able to rest for next year. We don't have it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You say still. I was under the impression we were around a 2. A solid 2 if we won the Tourney.

I think we needed to win the tourney for a 3 seed due to not having many big wins like some other teams but it wouldn't surprise me much if we remained a 4 seed with this loss looking at the other teams. If Arkansas was to beat Vandy and get into the RPI top 25 that would make our resume look a little better also. Its probably pretty certain we are either a 4 or 5 seed in the East I would think but Lunardi has us a 5 seed in the West now playing in Orlando.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
White proved in the last 2 weeks he has a long way to go. Can't coach offensive or half court offense...can't gameplan a defense around a deficiency, is a pansy with the refs, won't fire the team up with a T....and can't draw up 1 simple play to get Allen the freaking ball

On to the NCAA Tournament...Probably one and done there to...

Lee, I agree with a lot you said, but welcome to taking the heat and hate, LOL, on here, b/c you criticize some of White's basketball acumen when it comes to special situation X's and O's. I tend to see the game as you, more from the micro. But most are macro guys and end results guys, which in the long run is what really matters. However if the process (the micro) is good, then the end results will take care of themselves. I am with you on White's inability to create something on offense against zones or in special situations. I understand allowing Hill to penetrate in late game situations, the problem is that the other 4 guys are standing and watching. That does absolutely nothing to stress the defense. The lack of off the ball action means Hill is probably going to throw up a tough shot. If he put in some rotation or off the ball screens it stresses the defense and perhaps opens up a cutting lane, etc. for Hill to make a pass. There is an old saying in basketball: "The easiest person on offense to guard is the player that is standing still"!. They should have won the game in regulation, but just too many mental errors on both ends of the floor. This teams biggest weakness lies from the neck up. Sure they have other weaknesses, but some of them can be overcome by being smart on the floor. I will never or have never bashed any coach for a player missing shots or free throws, etc., but when they take awful shots, or make lazy passes or forget to guard the arc (against Vandy), then I wonder what is going on with the process. Yes, last nite, Vandy made some tough shots (no one's fault there), but a few times like when Stone stepped in to help and instead of sticking to his man on the arc or Lachance getting free as a bird or giving up an uncontested 3 after making a free throw and just jogging back on D, are pure mental mistakes. White gets his guys to play hard and that is a big part of the game, but they just are not overly smart on many occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.