***Official Game Thread*** SECT Florida vs Vanderbilt

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe in the NIT, but with our recent guard play...not a chance.

Hill is frustrating as hell but every now and then he will play decent and Allen can light it up at any time so you never know. We did win 9 straight I think at one point.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy to think we are a Hill made layup from possibly being 27-5. Especially with such a bad coach :rolleyes:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Vandy has a great 3 pt game and even made some that I thought were ill-advised, but made them anyway. Meanwhile, we had several that bounced all around, in and out, but just couldn't find the bottom of the bucket. Defense was a bit frustrating, too. I don't understand bball very well, so I don't know what's on the players vs the coach. Hill makes that layup or draws a foul and we win. Instead, we play dead in OT. Ugh.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So far it looks like 10 of the top 25 have lost in their conference tourneys with more to come...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy has sure wrecked our resume quite a bit.

Going by the just updated NCAA official RPI rankings (not the inaccurate ESPN one earlier) this is where we stand it appears. Georgia falling out of the top 50 hurt us also.

1-4 against the Top 25 RPI
6-8 against the top 50 RPI

Arkansas would move into the top 25 RPI with a win over Vandy and if Creighton loses to Villanova according to the calculator so if Arkansas does that 3-4 against the top 25 would look a lot better but not sure if that would be enough for them to give us a 4 seed or not depending on what other teams do.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that we are IN. Maybe we can get to the Sweet 16 depending on how the bracket breaks down and with matchups but without Egbunu we are certainly a different team. We certainly miss a big huge hulking shot blocking and rebounding presence in the middle...

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Just to piss us off...Vandy has 0 pts in the first 6 min vs Arkansas...and Arkansas is running on every reb lol...up 9-0

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise Vandy DESTROYED by Ark 76-62. Ark too strong inside for Vandy. Ark forced alot of turnovers and Vandy DID NOT have another lucky shooting game like they do against us, only shooting 30 percent for the game and 25 percent from 3 point range.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
vandy better play well in the big dance. Give us a freaking legit reason why we lost to them 3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.