***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UCF vs UCONN***

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Saturday Nov 11 12pm ESPNU
Bright House Network Stadium
The "Civil Conflict" game

Since nobody is watching the Gators we might as watch our coach in waiting.

The No. 18 UCF Knights are taking on the UConn Huskies this week, and UCF is still making fun of UConn for trying to give the series the name, “the Civil ConFLiCT.”

In UCF’s game notes previewing the matchup, the Knights mentioned the trophy that really was only a thing for UConn for a couple of years:

You see, a couple of years ago, UConn completely made up a rivalry trophy for the UCF-UConn game, calling it the Civil ConFLiCT (capital letters for each state’s abbreviation).

When this happened, UCF had no idea it was coming:

A little backstory here: Back in 2014, UConn beat UCF in a shocker — it was UConn's only win against an FBS team and UCF's only loss to a conference opponent — and UConn coach Bob Diaco used the postgame press conference to recommend a rivalry trophy:

We're excited about this North/South battle. You want to call it the Civil Conflict? Maybe I'll win my money and make a trophy. I'll buy it myself. Put a big giant Husky and a big giant Knight on it. Make a stand. Put it in our hallway. The Civil Conflict. The loser, maybe they've got to put nutmeg on the stand when it's not there and we'll put a sack of oranges.

When the game arrived after UConn made the trophy in 2015, the Knights still made no attempt to take part in the “Civil Conflict.”

UCF lost that game, 40-13, which allowed UConn to keep its made-up trophy.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Wonder if Harbaugh was impressed with our toughness after he beat us. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads