***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for you bro. Welcome to the club.

Honestly, it's not hard to see. I understand being positive....but at some point people (i.e. pumpers) should see what's actually happening in the real world.

We are literally a slightly above average program. We win most of our games due to a slight talent advantage or luck (see last year's Tennessee game). We have not been "elite" since 2009 and have steadily gotten worse and worse. Last year was no different than Muschamp's 2012 season....and dilusional fans think that's what it takes to be a successful program. Last year's finish showed us what McElwain was made of. He's showing how stubborn he is by leaving Del Rio in the game.....the same way he left Treon in last year. He's a mediocre coach, a mediocre OC, and he's driving us in the same direction the last coach did.

CAN NOT BELIEVE he didn't pull LDR today.... inexcusable to leave an ineffective QB in there.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Can't establish a rushing game by not even trying. 12 total over the course of a game is atrocious play calling against the worst defense in the league
It wouldn't have mattered. Our oline got whooped run or pass. Can't establish a run game when our oline is getting no push. Two of our 3 and out drives were two straight runs and then 3rd and 9 or 10.

Oct 5, 2014
It is actually a rather simple problem: Their big, strong, fast men dominated our slow, little men. It will be even worse in Baton Rouge next week.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is actually a rather simple problem: Their big, strong, fast men dominated our slow, little men. It will be even worse in Baton Rouge next week.

Next week we get our ass kicked by Muschamp. The LSU ass-whippin is in 2 weeks.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Del RIO single handedly got the snowball going along with more questionable personel moves and play calling. Del Rio missed at least 4 td's and why the hell is thompson playing so much. Then came the injuries, flags, lack of flags, drops, missed tackles and we are just poorly coached. This is what the 3* will look like

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Don't think we win another game this year, Mich. will EMBARRASS our asses next year. BOOK IT

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey guys, checking in from darkest Mexico.....finally got a little wifi access.....how'd it go today? I assume we rolled them pretty good, no?

marinegator

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2014
I'm a pumper and I never really post. But enough is enough, seems like a good time to clean house. This was 100% on coaching, maybe we wouldn't have won with better coaching bit at least we would made a game of it. No excuse for the offense to play and scheme so poorly. I just don't see where things will change and to make our kids suffer like they have been is bs. They deserve better, we get to go for the ride but the kids bust their butts.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
New fear after hearing that Mac is such a likable coach is that Mac believes =
"Nobody likes a big winner."

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped watching after the first quarter and did something productive, like building cabinets! I just had that gut feeling that we were not going to be happy campers come Saturday evening and the next 3 weeks will likely be a repeat or worse, for several reasons.

First, the o-line is totally unpredictable, except for the pattern of failure against teams with good DT's - they get their asses whipped. Those teams shut down or limit our running game, allowing the defense to keep their Safties in coverage. Even when he goes against double coverage or good Cover 2 defenses Callaway finds a way to get open. He should have had at least 2 TD's, possibly 4, but, he had no chance, since the ball landed in a DB''s hands or another zip code. I am confident that AB could have hit 50% or more of those. The problem there is I have been told that AB has been toxic since the UT game. It's kinda hard to blame him, if so. When he was allowed to play his game, in the 1st half, he put us in a position to not only beat UT, but, to punk them out. He caught hell for a second half and losing a game he didn't lose. His confidence and the confidence of the team went down hill and he struggled in subsequent games. Still, he should have been given a shot in the third quarter. The coaches should have used halftime to make the necessary adjustments to put him in at the beginning of the 3rd and include some QB draws and roll-outs, where he could have made the Safeties pay for being so far down field and the LB's pay for shooting our predictible running lanes. If there's not a legitimate reason, like poor preparation due to attitude, there's no excuse for not putting him in the game. .........!

Well, there's no need for me to say anything further. You guys know better than I where I'm going. We have a long ways to go and the only thing that's going to get us back in the camp of the "feared", is a dynamic QB. I feel really good about Trask . I believe he has the intangibles that we need to overcome the areas that are going to take several years to fix - mainly OL .

What the hell is the deal with all the injuries. I do know that the longer your defense is on the field, the chances of injuries increase exponentially. Playing defense is much more brutal on the body than offense. Also, when the players become fatigued they forget the things that helps one avoid serious injuries, like picking up feet and players rolling around on the ground more, due to fatigue and rolling up on a teammates leg, because, they get knocked off their feet more. What's worse is the fact that the injuries affect the areas we needed to stop LSU from putting up 3.75 miles rushing! I have a feeling, unless some young players surprise me, that LSU will come close to circlng the globe by the end of the game.

When is UF going to wak in with the hammer and tell the SEC Commish to do something about the officiating or we are going to move to the ACC or some other conference. Hey, we may be competitive in the MAC. I'm sick of the questionable and/or no calls. Unless I totally missed something, that PI call on Teez was totally BS and could have been the catalyst to us losing the game. Our guys are very vulnerable to losing confidence when things go wrong and had they held Arky to a FG, it would have been a victory, considering the circumstances. Also, that interception could have and probably should have been a PI call, because, the defender bumped the WR before the ball arrived. Anytime a defender defends a pass, from behind, they have to play it perfectly to avoid PI and that wasn't the case. Arky held our guys all day, as did Jawja and UT. There were two very obvious illegal blocks with no flags. We lost the game due to a complete failure of offense; however, the officiating is getting very old!

I am very disappointed, as many of you are. I thought that having a second chance to make it to Atlanta would cause the program to take that next step, which would have had very many positive afrects; unfortunately, I'm afraid that we now find ourselves in the same position UT was in and if Mac fails, it will be years before we get back to being a feared team. Hell, when the kids graduating HS have no recollection of UF being "The Big Dogs", it's going to take a Spurrier-like situation to get us back. As long as Bamer, Clemson, FSU, etc..., continues to steal the top talent, out of the state, we will not have a prayer!
After yesterday and Mac finding himself on a seat that is quickly getting hot, I expect to see some key decommitments and all the progress we were making will be gone, making it that much longer before we become UF of the past. If a team can't recruit, it doesn't matter who the coach is and that's where we are headed, after yesterday.

Yes, that was a bunch of rambling! That's how I feel right now - completely dumbfounded and unable to make sense of it all.

A BIG "SMH"!

OVER AND OUT!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member