***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Iowa***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should be a good game. A lot of the best games I watch are not for any kind of championship and are not highly ranked teams. I just like to see them closely matched. I record all of them, and if someone starts to run away, I usually just delete it. Unless it is Alabama or Florida. :D

I like to see a good, close game, even if they don't score a lot of points.

... So we get to read your posts that making points ain't your jam ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is just here to worship Swamp Donkey.

If I were to post on a Voles board, Id be trying to convince them how great Bytch Jones is also.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So how bad did Iowa beat us? From the tenor of the thread Im guessing by 8 TDs

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He is just here to worship Swamp Donkey.

41fimGRIgML._AC_US160_.jpg

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Well we see why you're a Gator fan now :lol:
Haha good one. When I lived in Gainesville, Danny Wuerffel was quarterback and Spurrier was coach. Man, that was awesome. And the receivers on those teams were NFL quality. They would just blow out almost everybody. And the games with Miami and FSU were just epic. Those were the days! The Gators are still competitive with most teams, and even beat LSU this year, but they still have a ways to go. My biggest concern these days is recruiting. I hope they play well in the bowl game.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoy watching a good, close game, regardless of the score. As far as Alabama and the Gators, I want them to be up by 30 points by halftime in every game. :D

I can actually remember when that was the norm for Gator football. Now we're lucky to score 30 points in eight quarters of football rather than two...My Gawd... how far we've fallen...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with soccer. Amazing game when you understand it. Even more fun to play.
I know. I played it. I was just joking with him. I was gonna put in a disclaimer stating that but then the joke would've lost effect. ;)

I absolutely loved playing soccer but do have to admit that I can usually only watch it on television for about 30 minutes or so unless it's the World Cup or something.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Same here. I love watching the World Cup. It is my favorite game to teach in PE (besides basketball) But it is the best game for young kids to play. Size and speed dont dominate in soccer. Heart and smart does.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same here. I love watching the World Cup. It is my favorite game to teach in PE (besides basketball) But it is the best game for young kids to play. Size and speed dont dominate in soccer. Heart and smart does.
Yes. And skill. To be good at soccer requires athletic skill. Obviously speed and strength help to be "great" at soccer but it's not just about "raw" athleticism. The skill required is a different athleticism.

I remember guys from my football team, who were great athletes challenging guys from my soccer team to a match and they thought "all you do is run up and down the field and kick a ball..." It was funny as hell watching the soccer team run circles around them. Then the football team challenged them to a pickup football game.... The soccer team was smart enough to decline.... Lol. Gotta say my soccer buddies were always smarter than my football buddies. :D

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yes. And skill. To be good at soccer requires athletic skill. Obviously speed and strength help to be "great" at soccer but it's not just about "raw" athleticism. The skill required is a different athleticism.

I remember guys from my football team, who were great athletes challenging guys from my soccer team to a match and they thought "all you do is run up and down the field and kick a ball..." It was funny as hell watching the soccer team run circles around them. Then the football team challenged them to a pickup football game.... The soccer team was smart enough to decline.... Lol. Gotta say my soccer buddies were always smarter than my football buddies. :D
My story is at UF we played intramural basketball. 1976ish and the football players usually had some teams. We could take them no matter how big they were. Basketball is different. A rb on the team was in my PE basketball class and kept wanting to play one on one. He had no chance. My soccer story is we had an intramural soccer team. Mostly yankee boys and me. We played a South American team once. It looked like us running and playing mud while they were on artificial turf. It was ugly.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Well this is exciting!

I was here yesterday, and came back today, fully expecting from the discussions that we'd be down by two or three more touchdowns during that time ... and the defense held !

It's a miracle I tell you, a freeking miracle.

Of course the offense didn't score either, but that was expected by everyone. Even the pumpers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is this a soccer thread?

Says a lot about what Fooley has done to our program.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

My HS football team challenged our soccer team to a match and we kicked their ass.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like grown men in short pants kicking each other in the shins and flopping around like a fish if anyone gets within a foot of them. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.