***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

How many passing yards with UF have in Week 2?

• 199 or less

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 200 - 299

Votes: 89 76.1%
  • 300+

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Date: September 8th
Time: 7:30 PM EST
Place: The Swamp
Channel: SEC Network

Discuss.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
UK turned the ball over like it was their job against CMU, but tightened up and pulled away in the 2nd half. Apparently they have a decent defense. I think their window of opportunity to beat us for a while closed last year. Fans got a taste of what Mullen can bring to this program, so I think the Swamp will be packed and rocking this weekend. Can't wait!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I’m looking forward to seeing our defense at full strength.
I have a feeling our d-line will be spending a lot of time in their backfield.
Mr Polite will be anything but...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sas makes a brilliant point, as usual. The CROWD I think is going to be a bigger factor at home than they have been in years. I was amazed how loud they got during CSU, and that wasn't even a full house. If the fans can get excited again, we could actually have a home field advantage for the first time in a decade!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
UF-41
UK-9

Florida will be pumped like we haven’t seen since the Ole Miss game. Even though it’s Kentucky, it’s the first game to really impose their will against a conference foe and see what they are capable of. I have a feeling we see a different O-line and the run game will be a bigger factor in this game. Ivey should be getting chewed out as I type this. Cece is back and the rest of the suspended players. We’ll see a little more creativity with Tony in the Percy position. I’m excited to see what real progress this team has made since last year. Thomas Goldkamp wrote a good breakdown of the game in his Game Grade article, and Florida knew what they wanted to do, and went out and did it. Hardly any mistakes or penalties was a great thing to see.

Happy surprise from CSU game- Freddie Swain. It was great to see him out there making big plays finally.

2585b869199bffe2.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I'll be there to make sure everyone in my section is getting as crazy loud as possible. Can't wait!!

UK is going to test the middle of our defense. They've got a good running game. It's the strength of their offense right now. And with Reese hurt they're going to try to get at our LBs.

Time for our OL to step up and play big boy football ... if they can.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Sas makes a brilliant point, as usual. The CROWD I think is going to be a bigger factor at home than they have been in years. I was amazed how loud they got during CSU, and that wasn't even a full house. If the fans can get excited again, we could actually have a home field advantage for the first time in a decade!
I was pretty quiet at the game. I think Sonny's BBQ on Archer Rd poisoned me before the game and I was afraid if I stood up and cheered I would chit my pants.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
1st time I’ve been excited to see a game in 10yrs it seems. We have a plethora of playmakers and Toney will be back to add another. With average OL play how do we not dominate? Cmon trenchers pancake some Fockers.

So should we come out slinging or try to ground and pound? Sure seemed like last game plan was sling it, working on executing what we sucked at last yr while playing a cupcake.

Go Gators

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Kentucky brings a new QB into his first road SEC start, at night, in the Swamp and against a highly motivated Gator team.

They had more question marks coming into this season than UF, which is saying something, and have an overall lesser pool of talent to answer them. The only advantage they have is an established staff and system, but neither are great.

UF seems hungry to me; hungry to prove themselves worthy of the “Gator standard”. They seem to have bought in to Mullen and playing for each other. Franks has everything to prove after his performance against them last year. Kentucky won’t catch them napping, so I don’t think it will be close.

UF 34-10

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I was pretty quiet at the game. I think Sonny's BBQ on Archer Rd poisoned me before the game and I was afraid if I stood up and cheered I would chit my pants.

Good move.

I actually saw it happen to a guy in the very first row at the UF/Bama game in '06. He was drunk beyond reckoning and had to be led out by police as waste streamed down his legs and left a trail going up the steps toward the section entrance. Most embarrassing and disgusting thing I've ever seen happen to an adult in public.

It was my wife's first football game, ever. We were dating at the time and I told her she could go back and tell her family that the first Gator game she ever went to was so exciting that people **** their pants.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
1st time I’ve been excited to see a game in 10yrs it seems. We have a plethora of playmakers and Toney will be back to add another. With average OL play how do we not dominate? Cmon trenchers pancake some Fockers.

So should we come out slinging or try to ground and pound? Sure seemed like last game plan was sling it, working on executing what we sucked at last yr while playing a cupcake.

Go Gators

Heard that Toney and some other guys might be suspended for another game due to the airsoft shenanigans.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Let's hope it does not take another blunder by them for us to win, and that the game will be in hand so some backups again get some reps. Also no stupid penalties we were lucky last week.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I’m pretty ok that you didn’t come by the tailgate.

:kiffin:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Scarlett still starting. Davis/Perine at #2.

Love those dudes but I want to see what Pierce looks like running behind the first string line. Beast Boy.

WR depth is great.

Nice problems to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator