***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

How many passing yards with UF have in Week 2?

• 199 or less

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 200 - 299

Votes: 89 76.1%
  • 300+

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the harsh reality, if DM is not a recruiter who can sell ice cubes to Eskimos, he'll be out the door in two years, three years max.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is not on Franks. We can't run the ball a lick and the D is a joke. Franks is the least of our problems.

Don’t know what game you watched, but the run game was essentially left in the locker room in exchange for Franks trying to be the hero passer. Almost every time we actually did give the ball to one of our rb’s they gained good yardage. They never were given a chance to put together any drives because fking Franks kept pulling the handoff and passing into coverage.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t know what game you watched, but the run game was essentially left in the locker room in exchange for Franks trying to be the hero passer. Almost every time we actually did give the ball to one of our rb’s they gained good yardage. They never were given a chance to put together any drives because fking Franks kept pulling the handoff and passing into coverage.
Every time we gave the ball to a running back not named Scarlett they gained good yardage.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks stats 17/38, 232 yds, 2TDs, Int, fumble. For those that don't think that Franks was the problem, there's data for you.
There were also 5 drops, but he still played bad, especially in the second half. He doesn't have any mental toughness, and he's not a player that can pick the team up when things go bad. As the game went on and the pressure built, he played worse.

Unfortunately something simple like changing QBs won't make a difference. The O-line is still soft, our LB's and safeties are the worst we've had in decades, Grantham is awful, and Mullen insists on calling plays while managing the team/game quite poorly.

We played like UK is supposed to play tonight. We are now Kentucky football, and it will take years before we are out of this mess. Ultimately this falls on Foley and Foley Jr. and both will need to be gone before we can recover from their ineptitude.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is not a great quarterback but this cant all be hung on him. The defense gave up 303 yards rushing, couldnt get off the field on third down, and the entire defense looked soft. The oline was absolutely deplorable and looled that way last week.

BS, 99% of the failure to score falls directly on his piss poor decision making and spasms trying to throw into double coverage.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m ready to turn the page on Jordan Scarlett . I thought he was a good kid three years ago . Now he is just holding back guys like pierce and perine

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I got a dislike from Jay26 yesterday in this game thread for saying I had a bad feeling about this game. I don't wanna say I told you so but...

leogator

May 5, 2018
There were also 5 drops, but he still played bad, especially in the second half. He doesn't have any mental toughness, and he's not a player that can pick the team up when things go bad. As the game went on and the pressure built, he played worse.

Unfortunately something simple like changing QBs won't make a difference. The O-line is still soft, our LB's and safeties are the worst we've had in decades, Grantham is awful, and Mullen insists on calling plays while managing the team/game quite poorly.

We played like UK is supposed to play tonight. We are now Kentucky football, and it will take years before we are out of this mess. Ultimately this falls on Foley and Foley Jr. and both will need to be gone before we can recover from their ineptitude.
He was rifling in there, those were bullets!

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Running was a chore all night. There were no holes for the tailbacks. It was all on them to break tackles or make someone miss. Not going to sustain drives doing that.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly can’t think of a single thing we do well at this point . If it were my choice pierce and perine would be featured more .
Along with guys like kadarius . Part of our problem is we have playmakers consistently sitting on the bench for guys like Scarlett and Raymond

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not 100% on Franks here. He is an extremely talented QB physically but has no sense or feel for the game. Putting the game in his hands with a bunch of RPO is just asking for this. You can’t put a guy terrible at making quick decisions in an offense predicated on requiring quick decisions behind an offensive line that can’t block for ****

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not 100% on Franks here. He is an extremely talented QB physically but has no sense or feel for the game. Putting the game in his hands with a bunch of RPO is just asking for this. You can’t put a guy terrible at making quick decisions in an offense predicated on requiring quick decisions behind an offensive line that can’t block for ****

Franks has arm strength which is a talent for a QB. He also has good size and can run some.

On the other hand he in not an accurate passer, has little pocket presence, is not able to make good quick decisions, Unfortunately for college his weakness seem to trump his strenghts.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ltraz remember when we were ridiculed for saying we would seriously consider a trade with UK for rosters and coaches?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Running was a chore all night. There were no holes for the tailbacks. It was all on them to break tackles or make someone miss. Not going to sustain drives doing that.

Wasn’t many holes last week either honestly

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Franks has a weak mind, the OL is weak and still looks confused most of the time, and the middle of the D is physically the weakest group of guys I've seen at UF in at least 3 decades. Though I wasn't very enamored with Mullen in this game (or with his hiring), I honestly don't know how much of this loss is his fault (though I do agree with many others that Scarlett got way too many touches). Mullen really doesn't have much to work with. We need a minimum of 3 years of top 5 recruiting classes to get to where we all hope to be. This team has holes all over the roster. Until then, this is who we are.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Kentucky runs for over 300 yards on our defense, how much does Miss St, LSU, and UGA light this defense up for on the ground?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.