***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

How many passing yards with UF have in Week 2?

• 199 or less

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 200 - 299

Votes: 89 76.1%
  • 300+

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well one thing’s for sure. We don’t have a quarterback, or a defense for that matter. Guess it’ll be a rebuilding year, which isn’t terrible. Every major successful program in FBS (other than Alabama) has gone through it.

I’m all in on Mullen, but it’s painfully clear that Franks will never be the man, and there’s obviously nobody behind him that can do the job this year. Sucks.

If you don't mind me asking, are you blind? He's a lousy coach who can't win unless he has more talent than the opponent, and panics and looks dazed and actually shows signs of dissociation when stress mounts. Go back and watch his bizarre halftime interview. He actually seemed confused when asked how they would adjust to improve protection in the second half.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Guess we're not quite LBU these days. Holy hell, never thought I'd see the day that Kentucky would run for 300 yards at the Swamp. That's just sad, really sad.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Guess we're not quite LBU these days. Holy hell, never thought I'd see the day that Kentucky would run for 300 yards at the Swamp. That's just sad, really sad.
wait till the good teams come to town :facepalm:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Franks is not going to win any Heismmans, but having to deal with that Oline and no run game is going to be hard to overcome. He made some bad decisions and throws, but he also had some nice ones as well. He looks light years better than last year. Our main issue right now is the O line, not Franks.
Our main issue is our head coach. Seriously, go watch that halftime interview and tell me if that looks like a guy who is ever going to lead a team to a championship.

We're in the very early stages of a 3rd terrible hire, and unfortunately it takes a minimum of 3 years to correct this colossal fuk-up of hiring cowbells AD and entire coaching staff. How anyone would expect anything other than MSU results is the part I still haven't figured out.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
How anyone would expect anything other than MSU results is the part I still haven't figured out.

I think people are just hopeful with every new coach. Any coaching hire is a bit of a crap shoot. I can think of hires at other schools that I thought would work out that didn't and hires at other schools that made me shake my head that worked out ok at least for a while.

To bad UF can not get someone in charge of hiring a football coach who understand UF, the fan base and the natural assets of the program.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think people are just hopeful with every new coach. Any coaching hire is a bit of a crap shoot. I can think of hires at very other schools that I thought would work out that didn't and hires at other schools that made me shake my head that worked out ok at least for a while.

To bad UF can not get someone in charge of hiring a football coach who understand UF, the fan base and the natural assets of the program.

Agree, but think back to how you felt when Mullen was announced as the hire. You know what they say about first impressions.

He is what he is, an average at best HC who will win 6-9 games a year. I'm resigned to the fact that we'll never turn this around until he's gone, but I'll still watch, and cheer, and scream, and hope that I'm wrong about Mullen (but I'm not).

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Houston forces the fumble and of course is replaced immediately . The long run by smell features one of the poorest attempts at a tackle by j Taylor .
This made no sense all game. Houston played well but barely played, whereas Mrs. Tackles Jackson was out there nearly the whole game.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Grantham isn't missing tackles or getting blown off the ball by second tier SEC OLs.
Grantham kept us in a nickel all game while UK killed us on the ground. He also kept blitzing and sending full speed rushes off the edges without commitment to containing their QB, who never showed he could throw the ball at all.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is not a great quarterback but this cant all be hung on him. The defense gave up 303 yards rushing, couldnt get off the field on third down, and the entire defense looked soft. The oline was absolutely deplorable and looled that way last week.
I’d agree except I’d put one caveat...the offensive line is more disciplined. No way we’d have the few false starts et al.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I am deflated...wife has me on 24hr suicide watch. We lost to F***ing Kentucky at home, & should’ve lost by 30! Kentucky ran a peewee offense and dominated the LOS on both sides. Never in my life did I think UK would have more talent than us.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have said time and time again that the Mullen hire made me physically sick but I was beginning to "come around" and tried to get hopeful after watching last week. That being said, I really want to trash Franks here but he is not even close to being the whole problem. Yes he stinks but the fact is, so does the entire team. Our oline is pure garbage and our defense is slow and weak and I have no idea what good the S&C program has done besides make our guys arms bigger. I watched terrible play calling as well. Man am I sick of watching this crap.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Would Reece and Cece have made any difference last night, or would we have still gotten our sh** pushed in? We had several opportunities to tackle the runner for a loss, only to have them shed a tackle and run for several yards. Hope they practice the basics this week in practice.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
now that ive accepted last nights debacle, im getting excited for another disaster of a dolphins season starting at 1!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator