***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

Who would you rather listen to in a press conference?

• Ed Orgeron

Votes: 88 96.7%
  • Jim McElwain

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There’s gonna be some hard hitting going on in this one. Our defense has really gained some confidence and is starting to play with some swagger, while LSU is always loaded with athletes. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it get off to a chippy start. I think our boys feel like they’ve got something to prove!
:chomp:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Ce Ce is a disaster vs the run. They run right at him most plays for a reason.
I finally agree with the Donk on something, Ce Ce gets blocked way to easy and doesn't protect his lane very well, luckily the Corndogs like to pass and he can rush the passer pretty good. Maybe he'll get a couple of sacks!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'm looking the most forward to the crowd. I think they are going to be the most fired up and loudest than they have been in years. Bring a little magic back to the Swamp.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think I'm looking the most forward to the crowd. I think they are going to be the most fired up and loudest than they have been in years. Bring a little magic back to the Swamp.

This is what I was hoping for. With all the pregame stuff, I hope we are electric. There is zero reason we don’t sell out and have a packed house.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I was hoping for. With all the pregame stuff, I hope we are electric. There is zero reason we don’t sell out and have a packed house.
Frankly, after you told all of us that it was all over, everything changed. Thanks man!

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Frankly, after you told all of us that it was all over, everything changed. Thanks man!
sofla started his "IT IS ALL OVER" thread and I responded with the "WHY IT IS NOT ALL OVER" thread. I now know you don't like new threads OX but I thought that sometimes there needs to be balance in the thread titles here for appearance sake. Obviously it was not all over for UF as UF was putting in a new system against UK and missing its best LB. Looks like our defense has now learned to stay in their gaps and Franks is making smarter decisions.

Unfortunately reverse mojo wise sofla has not started a thread saying we have no chance versus LSU

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Ce Ce is a disaster vs the run. They run right at him most plays for a reason.
Wrote that post before UT game. Technically I was correct that Cece could help versus the run as he helped get a rare safety against UT on a run play. CeCe becoming eligible versus UT gave Polite time to rest.

I know Reese is better versus the run than CeCe but technically his addition for the UT game helped versus the run. Versus MSU Joseph stepped up with 7 tackles so Reese does not have all the weight on his shoulders versus the run.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we stop their run-game, our speed-rush could make Burrows throw INTs. We're overdue for a pic-6.
We are underdogs. Are we ready to upset an SEC powerhouse ? Change Orgeron's tone ?

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Early line shows LSU only favored 1.5.

For what little it is worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor has us favored at 58.4%. And the S&P+ rankings have us just a hair below LSU.

The only people convinced that LSU is substantially superior to UF are the people voting in the rankings.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
sofla started his "IT IS ALL OVER" thread and I responded with the "WHY IT IS NOT ALL OVER" thread. I now know you don't like new threads OX but I thought that sometimes there needs to be balance in the thread titles here for appearance sake. Obviously it was not all over for UF as UF was putting in a new system against UK and missing its best LB. Looks like our defense has now learned to stay in their gaps and Franks is making smarter decisions.

Unfortunately reverse mojo wise sofla has not started a thread saying we have no chance versus LSU

If you read my thread, it was about way more than my thoughts on players, coaching or wins/losses. It was about the state of a program that didn’t seem to care.

I was there the very next week, when tens of thousands of seats lay bare, while garbage music blasted from speakers and a scholarship level band sat quietly, and while we seemed more interested in honoring a career drug addict because he once lived in Gville than honoring the traditions that made UF great in the first place.

I was there for kickoff, and I stayed well after the game so my kids could interact with players. Most of the under 60k bailed well before final snap. And that was my point. Until we show we truly care, nothing will change. Being ok with half-assing everything related to the football program landed us here. You just posting your rah-rah nonsense, with little substance to support it, just furthers the problem.

Sometimes you have to call things out for them to get better.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you read my thread, it was about way more than my thoughts on players, coaching or wins/losses. It was about the state of a program that didn’t seem to care.

I was there the very next week, when tens of thousands of seats lay bare, while garbage music blasted from speakers and a scholarship level band sat quietly, and while we seemed more interested in honoring a career drug addict because he once lived in Gville than honoring the traditions that made UF great in the first place.

I was there for kickoff, and I stayed well after the game so my kids could interact with players. Most of the under 60k bailed well before final snap. And that was my point. Until we show we truly care, nothing will change. Being ok with half-assing everything related to the football program landed us here. You just posting your rah-rah nonsense, with little substance to support it, just furthers the problem.

Sometimes you have to call things out for them to get better.

As always thanks for your thought's. As one of the more respected posters on the board when you post we listen. Sometimes it's darkest before the dawn and hopefully that was the case after KY. Certainly we still have some systemic problems at the program level to fix but winning has a way of turning things around. A packed and rocking Swamp this weekend and it won't matter what music is playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb