Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm convinced that UK beating MSU yesterday showed more that MSU is overrated than it did that Kentucky is for real. Might as well start this conversation now.

How does UF play this week? Does Mullen's familiarity with the roster give UF any kind of advantage? Do the MSU players and coaches knowing Mullen's tendencies give THEM any kind of advantage?

Is MSU really any good? Cowbells?

Discuss.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not as good. The dispersion around the mean is big in September. By Nov. 1 you know who's good and who isn't.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’m shocked they lost. The narrative here is that program should be undefeated and winning national titles. Doug told me they we’re a proud winning program before Mullen destroyed it

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It really means is the MSU game is winnable, unlike what everybody was thinking. And yes, the shock of KY actually fielding a team capable of crushing O and D lines and running away with games is some thing from an alternate universe

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anyone here can know just how big back to back wins on the road could be to this team's confidence. It could prove a huge pivot point.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I thought we were convinced Kentucky was a CFP team?
The draft experts said Kentucky has around 5 players that will go in the next NFL draft and they have good experience in their system. Add home field advantage to that and you have a solid UK victory early in the season.

UK's QB is pretty poised and difficult to tackle and Snell is a very good RB. UF was not ready to play a system experienced team like UK.

UF has a chance to.beat MSU but we should not get over confident as UT was picked to go winless in the SEC this season by Chris Doering.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm convinced that UK beating MSU yesterday showed more that MSU is overrated than it did that Kentucky is for real. Might as well start this conversation now.

How does UF play this week? Does Mullen's familiarity with the roster give UF any kind of advantage? Do the MSU players and coaches knowing Mullen's tendencies give THEM any kind of advantage?

Is MSU really any good? Cowbells?

Discuss.
They are both respectable (balance) and I believe we have an advantage with Mullen

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Being that it is in Starkville, we are 1-4 against MSU in their crib since 1986. The win was in 2009. We seem to lose to them even when they are not that good when we play them there. SOS never won there. On the other hand the win against them was in 2009, but apart from having Dan on both teams, that was a different team.

I think it would be a tough one, but they are not earth shattering and can be beat. We had more yards on UK than they did. (360 vs 201). So who knows. Will see.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Kinticky is a playoff team for sure.

They might even be better than 2107 Meatchiken.
Kentucky is a solid team. They are not a play off team but will do well this season if they can go injury free. Getting into the play off generally takes good injury luck. Lose a key starter at a thin position ( like a QB ) and a play off appearance is out the window.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky might be the third best team in the SEC. Just kidding, but they are probably mid-pack at least. I think sometimes it isn't about overall talent but matchups. If they have a good front line they are going to do well against teams with a weak front.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They were way over rated....and they got beat by a more physical team last night which might mean we can hang with them at their place. A win would be a huge step in getting us bowl eligible and perhaps raise the level of our teams mindset before LSU, UGA and the rest of the East....will be a pivotal game in this season.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Kentucky might be the third best team in the SEC. Just kidding, but they are probably mid-pack at least. I think sometimes it isn't about overall talent but matchups. If they have a good front line they are going to do well against teams with a weak front.
Early season UK has an advantage over teams due to their good system experience. To be a top SEC team they need injury luck as an SEC schedule is very physical.

UGA last season had great injury luck which helped them get in the play off. UF losing Marco Wilson at a thin CB position could end up being a problem when we play the stronger teams on our schedule.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What in the eff is good system experience?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Early season UK has an advantage over teams due to their good system experience. To be a top SEC team they need injury luck as an SEC schedule is very physical.
Another reason I'm really hesitant to send a coach packing after 3 years unless there are major issues like Butters had.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What in the eff is good system experience?
It means that everybody in the system from the admin to the coaching staff and trainers and returning players already know WTF they are supposed to do rather than having to start at square one and teach everything to everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator