***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ahead of schedule? We got boat raced by an 0-4 SEC team, UK and killed by UGA. We beat terrible lsu and MSU teams. If anything we're right where an average coach should have us. The only way we're headed in the right direction is if Mullen shakes up the staff and we start landing 4/5* studs. Hell when was our last commit for the 2019 class?
Now LSU is “terrible”? Get bent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is our weakest link and Mullen has us chained to him. Every play starts with FF handling the ball:panic:. So our first step will more likely be a stumble. Is it possible that Franks' poor play gives opposing defenses determination & momentum to attack? How can someone be so consistently inconsistent ?

Still, no matter the load of disappointment, we will have a good "total rebuild" this year. Mullen's 2nd year should play better. Are we gonna start saying "wait til next next"?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reports that Chauncey has missed practice all week and Polite is in a non-contact jersey.

Now LSU is “terrible”? Get bent.

Yeah, Omar's comment about LSU is stupid. But he's got a very valid point about getting blown out by an 0-4 SEC team (at home). Honestly, this offense isn't much better than Butters. He's averaging about 16 ppg vs. any SEC defense with a pulse. I expected more. I get it though...it's year one, Butters left him a depleted roster, Franks can't run the offense, the OL is bad, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, Mullen is cashing a $500,000/month pay check.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Reports that Chauncey has missed practice all week and Polite is in a non-contact jersey.

Yeah, Omar's comment about LSU is stupid. But he's got a very valid point about getting blown out by an 0-4 SEC team (at home). Honestly, this offense isn't much better than Butters. He's averaging about 16 ppg vs. any SEC defense with a pulse. I expected more. I get it though...it's year one, Butters left him a depleted roster, Franks can't run the offense, the OL is bad, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, Mullen is cashing a $500,000/month pay check.
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've disagreed with you, B. Yes, we looked terrible against Mizzou. However, the things you dismissed as blah blah blah are real, and they matter. McElstain/Shannon went 4-8 last year. Mullen is 6-3 with three regular season games and one bowl game to go. A lot of other intangibles have improved under him. He's got a lot more work to do this season, but the season's not over yet. It's too early to gripe, given the things he's accomplished so far.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've disagreed with you, B. Yes, we looked terrible against Mizzou. However, the things you dismissed as blah blah blah are real, and they matter. McElstain/Shannon went 4-8 last year. Mullen is 6-3 with three regular season games and one bowl game to go. A lot of other intangibles have improved under him. He's got a lot more work to do this season, but the season's not over yet. It's too early to gripe, given the things he's accomplished so far.

Well, we'll see over the next few weeks. This offense is really not much better than what Butters and Muschamp put out there....and other than Vandy, it's really regressed. The sh*tty behind the LOS passing game is played (figured out). If he comes out doing that vs. Muschamp it'll get eaten up. The defense simply gave up. Inexcusable. As far as the "blah, blah, blah" part...well, he's getting paid $6 million to figure that out. And again, I get it; you can't win them all...and he was dealt a sh*t sandwich. But I didn't expect to see Jim McElwain last Saturday standing on our sidelines. It's his job to make sure they show up and they didn't. And his stubbornness was really frustrating. Sure, Trask may not be the answer....but letting Franks sh*t the bed over and over isn't a good look either. He talks about not wanting to hurt EJ's development? What about Franks development? THAT is good for him (30% passing, and multiple 3 and outs)?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Well, we'll see over the next few weeks. This offense is really not much better than what Butters and Muschamp put out there....and other than Vandy, it's really regressed. The sh*tty behind the LOS passing game is played (figured out). If he comes out doing that vs. Muschamp it'll get eaten up. The defense simply gave up. Inexcusable. As far as the "blah, blah, blah" part...well, he's getting paid $6 million to figure that out. And again, I get it; you can't win them all...and he was dealt a sh*t sandwich. But I didn't expect to see Jim McElwain last Saturday standing on our sidelines. It's his job to make sure they show up and they didn't. And his stubbornness was really frustrating. Sure, Trask may not be the answer....but letting Franks sh*t the bed over and over isn't a good look either. He talks about not wanting to hurt EJ's development? What about Franks development? THAT is good for him (30% passing, and multiple 3 and outs)?
Can't argue with any of that. As far as I'm concerned, Franks has played himself out of any kind of regular rotation. He should sit. Trask should start this next game, and Mullen should attempt to use his accuracy in the downfield passing game, continue to feed the rock to our stable of RBs, and GET THE BALL TO TONEY IN SPACE! Grantham needs to show what he's learned in 11 years as a DC in college and the pros. We beat MSU and LSU. No reason for us to lose to Muschamp's cocks.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trask should start this next game, and Mullen should attempt to use his accuracy in the downfield passing game, continue to feed the rock to our stable of RBs, and GET THE BALL TO TONEY IN SPACE! Grantham needs to show what he's learned in 11 years as a DC in college and the pros. We beat MSU and LSU. No reason for us to lose to Muschamp's cocks.[/QUOTE]

This is what needs to happen. We need to win the next three and close strong in recruiting. If CDM continues to trot Franks out and the offense looks like it did against Mizzou, and we lose to SC and FSU, this season will be a failure. And it will have a negative impact on recruiting. CDM needs to use what he has on O and coach to their strengths like he preaches, and stop the Franks experiment.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Franks is our weakest link and Mullen has us chained to him. Every play starts with FF handling the ball:panic:. So our first step will more likely be a stumble. Is it possible that Franks' poor play gives opposing defenses determination & momentum to attack? How can someone be so consistently inconsistent ?

Still, no matter the load of disappointment, we will have a good "total rebuild" this year. Mullen's 2nd year should play better. Are we gonna start saying "wait til next next"?
You will probably being saying that a lot next year. I expect more of the same.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I can confirm that Polite has been in a "non-contact" jersey basically since the Lsu game.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'll say this, losing to Missouri the way we did was bad enough. I think we can all agree on that. However, losing to a dude like Muschamp is just the worst. We all know how much of a moron he is and that South Carolina team isn't even good. I just wish this team could get some fire under them and beat Muschamps ass. In my mind, this is a must-win game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just run the option. Mushchamp has no clue how to stop it.

I’d definitely run it more than we have. But I’d probably wait until the second half to infuse both that and some EJ packages. As much as it may be tough to swallow, come out playing our base offense with Franks and hope he has a ut or Lsu type performance. Then, implement more QB runs with Jones in the second half. WM can make needed adjustments if given halftime to regroup (see Manziel in 2012), but not on the fly.

I think Franks has a solid game and we control the line of scrimmage on both sides. That gets us the win.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

In ‘05 the offense wasn’t scoring too many point against good SEC defenses either. 16 vs Tenn, 3 vs Bama, 14 vs UGA, 17 vs LSU and that was with LSU having like 5 turnovers! We did score some points against Kentucky, but that defense sucked. At least in that year we saw them tweak the offense and it got better somewhat last quarter of the season or so.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LSU is not terrible but they aren't special. Destroyed by Bama who you thought would struggle against them.

UGA isn't special either. Right now it is Clemson and Bama.

LSU would stomp us now.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Can we get a few predictions?

And I know you want to vent but be honest.

USC 24 - UF 28

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Honestly, I think this forces Mullen's hand. I was having a debate with @gatorkev85 about whether EJ should play more this year. I think this injury makes that a moot point now.
Based on Franks' past, he will assuredly have another disastrous outing at some point during the next 4 games. And that may force Mullen to turn to EJ, for good.
That said, My prediction is EJ comes in and leads at least 2 scoring drives.
Gators win 23-16

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think the game will be another frustrating one. We won't be as bad as we were against mizzo but we won't be good either. Winner is anyone's guess. Hate saying it but SC is playing decent right now and can score. We aren't and can't; team lacks depth, dealing with injuries, and seems to be pretty soft mentally. Doubt anyone walks away from this one feeling good about our situation, regardless of who the winner is.

I won't see it bc I'll be out of the country. It's what fair weather fans like me do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.