***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This loss sucks, but did anybody expect us to be world beaters this year? Okay, any SANE people? Hopefully DM can get these guys to keep fighting through the end of the year.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
1 bad call running theboption with Emory on 3rd and 1...pretty great otherwise. Don't miss a cakewalk wide open flea flicker, fumble the ball or throw a pick on a lazy lob pass and we are up probably 28-13
The Franks running from his endzone, the screens on 3rd and long. The whole team sucked when it mattered. 3rd and Grantham is alive and well.

Huddersfield

Nov 10, 2017
Playing with house money, I agree. Now DM needs to show he can recruit (which doesn’t look good currently) and that he can improve players with coaching (which is still up in the air).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well even thru the turnovers, we still had a chance, but what we had seen offensively all year is about what we got today. However what some of us thought about our defense beyond stats, really came home to roost today. This is at its best an average defense and to UGA's credit, they easily exposed the most obvious weaknesses today. Unlike when they played LSU 2 weeks ago, UGA did not give up on the run early in this game. They then exposed our LB's and Safetys in man to man pass coverage b/c they knew how poor we are in those areas. And as a team defense, when we needed them most they completely failed. Yes the D made a terrific stand after the Franks fumble, but for 50 seconds at the end of the 1st half they bent and broke. Then after we cut it to 23-17 early in the 4thQ. they bent and broke badly and in a hurry, culminated by an easy TD pass to a top WR isolated against one of our safetys. Amazing how we get exposed by other coaches in the pass game, yet we seem to not be able to get those matchups against other teams. Or maybe we do, but Franks just can;t see it?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The Franks running from his endzone, the screens on 3rd and long. The whole team sucked when it mattered. 3rd and Grantham is alive and well.
There were some questionable plays for sure...first quarter was beautifully called though. Players just failed when it mattered

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Turnovers killed us. Dwags played probably their best game and we sure as hell didn’t.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Franks looked like what he was today...crap. Long, short, too hard, too soft, off target, wrong team, cant hold onto the ball....just bad

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I called Franks a turd in a punch bowl with a toile bowl brush goatee fore a few weeks. My opinion seems to have been predictive, but he was not alone in the suckage that was this game.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our guys played hard and Mullen called a great game. We are a year away if everyone comes back.

I feel that we will lose Chauncy, Polite and possibly Van Jefferson.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Ok, some quick off the top summary:

1. The turnovers killed us particularly the one at the goal line
2. Injuries and suspensions to our Dbs killed us. We need depth there
3. Franks reverted to the mean. I hope we have other options for next year
4. Because of injuries to Henderson we could not blitz since we could not press one-to-one
5. Our running was pretty good, something to build one, except for the fumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.